Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rancid cold and wet day in west London, still chucking it down now. Made worse knowing at home in Czechia it was 21°C and sunny, grr 😖 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

baddie Yeah true, March 25th is on average, a really sunny day! Not in 2024 though of course, in fact almost every dates average has been brought down by this stinker of a year so far lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

CryoraptorA303 December averages 8.8c, January 8.4c and February 9.0c, and the average high reaches 10c at the very end of February. 

9c is a winter temperature.

• Like 2

Posted

Wade People don't expect hot and tropical summers, they expect normal summers with highs of 22-26c most days, most days dry and a decent amount of sunshine.

This April has been exceptionally poor for sunshine, and we are well short of the running annual average already, by almost 150 hours in just 4 months.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Absolutely ridiculous stat highlighting how wet the last 8 months have been here. We're going to be finishing on around 70-80mm for April. That makes it the driest month since August.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

baddie We would need something sunnier than May 2020 to balance out March and Aprils lack of sunshine, and that isnt going to happen. 

Assuming a dullish May with 170ish hours of sun, we would need a repeat of summer 2022 and then comfortably the sunniest September on record just to get back to average for the year.

April is now above 50mm at Heathrow, the 11th consecutive month. When are we going to see some sub 20mm months?

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted

B87 What if we're a bit more optimistic and assume say a moderately sunny May (120% of average or thereabouts)? Summer contributes disproportionately, so where would we be if we averaged 120% for May to September? I'm assuming that would put us back to average at least?

Posted

WYorksWeather If we had 120% from May to Sep, we would be on the following vs (average). So it would get us back above the running average, but such a summer would be one of the sunniest on record and is highly unlikely. We also need all of those months to be significantly drier than average as well.

Jan: 77 (61)

Feb: 52 (79)

Mar: 103 (125)

Apr: 120? (177)

May: 250 (208)

Jun: 250 (208)

Jul: 262 (218)

Aug: 242 (202)

Sep: 188 (157)

Jan-Sep: 1544 (1435)

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The only saving grace of this wet spell is that it occurred mostly in winter, so presumably it has a much higher chance of waning off in time for summer... considering the duration is already unprecedented, we can assume an end is coming very soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Just imagine if the rest of the year panned out like this. I think many of us would find 2024 to be the year from hell.

May 2021

June 2012 

July 2023

August 2008

September 1993

October 2019

November 2009

December 2015

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

SunSean I wonder if days like June 18th or September 30th will be dry and sunny this year??

As for March, if only we could have swapped March 24th and 25th around, continuing the sunny trend for March 25th. Though I suspect March 24th is also another bright day on average

Edited by baddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Another fine day in Gotham City. Even white bits on the radar over Herts/Cambs way. More surface flooding. 

wondering if my bog like lawn will ever dry out. 

• Like 1

Posted

I'm struggling to remember a rain event as heavy as this, in previous Aprils. It seems to continue the theme since October, with rain events on the heavier side. Browsing environment agency data over breakfast this morning, many sites near to me have recorded 30 to 40mm over 2 days. I'm sure this story will be repeated elsewhere, judging by the radar images on the met office app this morning. 

https://environment.data.gov.uk/flood-monitoring/assets/demo/index.html

• Insightful 1

Posted

Difference between GFS and ECM for next weekend is beyond astounding. The former has low pressure dominating keeping it cool and damp. ECM has clear skies for almost all E+W and temps wildly into the low 20s. 

Posted

Wade this circular strawman argument is so boring mate.

Nobody expects tropical weather all year round or wants that either and I think literally everyone here and above the age of 5 in general knows the geographical position of the U.K. 

Do I expect wall to wall warm weather from the 1st March to the 1st October? No. Do I HOPE for warm weather? Absolutely. Huge difference between hope and expectation.

You’re also in the moans thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

B87 Totally agree 9c is a winter temperature.

Here in Kent yet another drab, cold, windy and wet day.  Its relentless.

last night it was so dark we had indoor lights on at 5pm !
Rained most of evening, overnight and still going this morning.

9c again, Heating is on and indoor lights on at 09:00.

This isnt normal !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Alderc 2.0 GFS will no doubt be bang on the money. Low pressure dominance is the prime Mike Tyson of UK weather, no ones gonna be beating it out.

Another 50mm+ month for rainfall. Utterly pathetic. That is now the 11th month in a row that can be classed as wet and also the 19th out of the last 21 months to be plus 50mm. You can bet your bottom dollar that if this had been 11 months in a row of below 20mm and 19 out of 21 below, there would be absolute uproar, doom mongering of a Mediterranean climate, how the human race is about to be eliminated etc etc, hell, even 3 months of below 20mm and people are talking about the next apocalypse or how "worryingly dry" it is. I don't ever wanna hear talk about us being "too dry" ever again now because we're having the most unrelenting, never-ending wettest (and dullest) period ever imaginable!

• Like 5

Posted

5 degrees out there with a ‘feels like’ of 0. 

delicious 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

SunSean

Any truth in the Cloud seeding rumours ?   Weather conditions have been more than favourable for the Russian land offensive in Ukraine over the last six months

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Shunter 9c is our typical daytime temperature here in January or February, certainly not what you expect when we are knocking at the month of May door.

We have had the sh*t end of the stick for so long that we forget this isn’t normal or even average weather for us, it sucks.

Hopefully next week we’ll start to see an improvement 

• Like 3

Posted

Shunter nothing would surprise me anymore.

On a positive the sun is breaking though here and I think we have sunny spells in the forecast for today…it’s just as well as we have 50 hours sunshine to achieve average before the month is out which isn’t going to happen but hopefully it’ll be less than a 50 hour below average month it currently is (the third in a row)

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Completely grim here in North Notts. Featureless grey sky, waterlogged garden...

• Like 3

Posted

At least it’s not just the uk being afflicted with this pattern, it’s been northwest Europe and Spain.

I should imagine Spain have been wetter, cooler and duller for for many months too? Would be interested to see the stats for them 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

TwisterGirl81 well ,hoping Ecms output is correct! Ive had enough of looking at low pressure, fronts, whether ,warm/cold/ occluded , 200 mph + jet stream ripping across the  country at 30,000 feet,tight isobars and enough of depressions to make me depressed! And fed up with looking at the rainfall radar, and completely Pxxxxd off with emptying my rain guage, which is on the brink of  plastic fatigue!  Just want some ridges now ,Ecm please ....?🌞🌻⛅

Edited by ANYWEATHER
  • Like 2