Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

reef looks like much of central, northern and SE Europe had above average rainfall.

Posted

Question :
What is your favourite wind direction weather wise??? Mine is probably SE'lies

Edited by baddie
  • Like 1

Posted

TwisterGirl81 much of the Mediterranean had a very wet spell last Spring and early Summer, due to the blocking high that gave so many western areas here dry and sunny weather last May, and our UK wide heat last June. The sub tropical jet ploughed through the Med right from Portugal to Greece. Many places down there had a very wet spell at that time. 

Edited by danm

Posted

After the crud this weekend, I’ll happily take this for tomorrow:

IMG_2371.thumb.jpeg.db38fc436699e2ed606d947693e2318c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Shunter It's presumably the cold north winds on its western edge, I guess. So the air isn't coming from the south, it's more a case of a low moving south-north to our east has provided a period of prolonged heavy rain without changing the airmass.

One good thing about this colder air, though, is that at least it feels relatively dry when it's not raining. It lacks the pervading damp you get from mild and wet airmasses. For my tastes, the coming week will probably be worse - just hope the change to anticyclonic weather for the week after actually happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
24 minutes ago, baddie said:

What is your favourite wind direction weather wise??? Mine is probably SE'lies

Depends on the time of year. Overall easterly, but from November to February, northerly.

Least favourite southwesterly as 9 out of 10 times, it produces grot.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
23 minutes ago, danm said:

After the crud this weekend, I’ll happily take this for tomorrow:

Puzzled as to how it will get up to 18C in all honest, the airmass doesn't really change - the wind direction changes but this is in advance of the low moving in, so it'll presumably be the current cold airmass moderated by onshore winds.

I suspect it will be another day where it's rubbish on the south coast and acceptable in London, Kent and East Anglia, though. Anticipating a dull, breezy day here with frequent drizzle showers. Would guess a max of around 13-14C. So typical for Oct, Nov, Dec, late Jan, Feb, Mar and early Apr just gone...

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Much wetter than forecast in London today. Tomorrow looks reasonable. Rest of the week looking wet.

Posted

Alderc 2.0 the Met Office also show 17c and sunny tomorrow:

IMG_2372.thumb.jpeg.06460ba86d26e740056019c7947329b2.jpeg

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Must admit I was expecting worse here this weekend. Most of the rain came last night, and didn't even leave 5mm. It's been dry all day during daylight hours today and now the sun is sort of out with blue sky more visible to the west. Still chilly in that wind though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

These grey, dull skies are just dragging on & on & on aren’t they!?

Not much change (give or take) with the working week ahead either.

Some optimism in longer range prospects but we’ve been here numerous times before so whilst nice to see, personally I’ll ignore for now.  If improvements are still being shown by next weekend then I’ll take more notice & become more happier!  lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Absolutely dire here as it has been for a while. Currently 5.7 Celsius at 13.24pm on April the 28th . It doesn’t get any worse and of course it’s raining with some sleet mixed in earlier 

can only get better 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Nick L not sure what you mean either to be honest.

Posted

Wimbledon88 Yes, Tues-Thur looking a bit of a washout according to the Met Office:

Tuesday dry start then scattered sometimes heavy showers developing, perhaps longer spells of rain. Wednesday and Thursday showers or spells of rain likely, sometimes heavy rain, chance of coastal fog.

The dreaded "showers merging into longer spells of rain" by the looks of things, which is always a sign of pretty foul weather. One-or-two-hour periods of heavy rain separated by dry but dull and damp interludes. And coastal fog suggests a really, really grotty moisture-laden airmass. A really unpleasant midweek according to that forecast.

Same idea as this weekend, but milder, and consequently more claggy, humid, oppressive air with pervading damp. Horrible, horrible, horrible. As I said above the one saving grace about the last couple of days has been the dry, low-humidity air when it hasn't been raining.

Next weekend "could" be OK though, some models say no (GFS), some say perhaps (Met Office). So perhaps the worst of the weather will co-incide with the working week.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 What the hell is happening?! I thought we were meant to be going into a period of hte weather settling down?! I give up ... I haevn't been able to get the laundry outside yet this "spring" because of eitehr too cold or too wet!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The weather on the back end of low pressure systems can be stunning, just look at this today 

PXL_20240428_131405765.thumb.jpg.5f79589f4252da263f944845b1e7aeda.jpg

Amongst all the rain and cool conditions, this is somehow the second Sunday running I've been able to both start a tan for the year, produce some vitamin D and get stuff done in the garden!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Looking pretty decent for eastern areas tomorrow and Tuesday, some more showers breaking out on Wednesday. Then possible high pressure in charge for the weekend:

IMG_2373.thumb.jpeg.87b2feccfb536c1675a0276c9c35f0a5.jpeg

IMG_2374.thumb.jpeg.d9365b3b3569cb3c40b107a2f27a8ae0.jpeg

IMG_2375.thumb.jpeg.3be660395f5bac7209521984c4768f51.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.e3df4c24d35b70f3d351af1fdec0b321.jpeg

• Insightful 1

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I don't think this coming week was ever going to be settled as such, but the forecast seems to have downgraded compared to yesterday due to the lows being closer by. At one point that low to the SW was forecast to keep further away, meaning Tues and Wed might have been OK, with only the second low (from the east) influencing us.

Still looks like settled from next Monday (GFS), perhaps - or even next Saturday (Met Office) if we're lucky.

By far the best spell of weather here all year was the sunny period we enjoyed from around the 15th to the 21st, which was good enough to put laundry out due to the sunshine and dry air. But even that wasn't as settled as the models were suggesting, the high sticking further west.

ChannelThunder That's the IoW?

Hard to believe as I'm not so far away...

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
1 hour ago, SunnyG said:

Today feels like the end of November, a particularly nasty November.

I'd actually say the morning felt more like the end of winter, perhaps late Feb or very early March, due to the relatively dry airmass and N/NE winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Summer8906 yeah, west Isle of Wight. We had a cumulus field after the front but for the last half hour it's been clear skies. Hopefully heading your way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

Wasn't expecting today to be dry here let alone for the sun to come out. Staying with family in the forest of Dean and went for a walk this morning - couldn't stop walking because of how pleasant it was! 

Bring on something more seasonal this week (hopefully) 🌻

• Like 1