Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
1 hour ago, B87 said:

You know exactly what would happen if it was 8c above average at the end of April, so a day of 25c. Certain people would complain that such temperatures belong in summer, not April, while stating that average winter temperatures (9c) do belong in April!

Both belong in April and have happened an innumerable number of times.

9°C is above average in winter aside from early December and late February. The last ~20 winters have been abnormally warm bar a few exceptions in a historical context. Winter is mildening extremely quickly.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Cool but dry, a combination we haven't really seen since summer 2001, remember cool/cold doesn't feel cool/cold when it is summer  (if it's dry), just means that there is no sleepless nights and uncomfortable humidity.

Edited by Wade
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Wade Ah yes but many people in this country want the summer of southern France or northern Italy and think anything cooler or less consistent is poor 🤣

In all seriousness, the last ~12 months have overall been very dull and wet, so I'm not going to complain much at a sunny and warm summer, however I'm not going to pretend I want to see excessively high temps for any prolonged periods of time.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

CryoraptorA303 I agree, people have got to accept that the weather isn't gonna be hot and tropical all year around as this is the UK not Hawaii. People also forget we're on the east coast of the Atlantic which is as we all know very wild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A bit of a discrepancy between the BBC and the Met Office for Monday. The Met has a lot more rain over western and northern areas than the BBC does. A reasonable day in the S/SE, 16c with sunny spells. 

IMG_2369.thumb.jpeg.5d03d9b2f9f21306afa94a79160e2224.jpeg

IMG_2370.thumb.jpeg.dff7b30970caf4819fcecbbd911125ce.jpeg

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

tomorrow too, FAX looks way out compared to bbc, GFS and UK met, expecting it to be wrong and heavy rain all day, looks like a decent day on fax

image.thumb.png.5ad5453ed658fe43434ea7e50eb651e6.png

• Like 1

Posted

I remember Atlantic 252 the Met and BBC show the rain clearing away north and east by the afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

danm I am siding with BBC on this to be honest.  In actual fact since BBC got rid of the met office as provider the forecasts in my books have been better.    

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

CryoraptorA303 @Wade Not at all. Southern France has weeks and weeks on end of 25-35c dry weather in summer, which is obviously unrealistic for the UK. 

A dislike for cool weather from April to Sept =/= wanting boiling hot med conditions.  

I just don't want a "cooler than average" summer because our average *is* cool for summer, especially as a benchmark globally. If it was cool, sunny and dry that wouldn't be as bad but it'd likely be cool, overcast and wet because of our geographic proximity. I can't really recall a properly cool, dry and sunny summer month in recent history tbh. 

• Like 2

Posted

SunnyG It can't be perfect every year can it, no point in moaning because the weather is uncontrollable (thankfully). Eventually we'll get a spring 2020, a summer 2018 etc. Hang in there. 

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons "I can't recall a properly dry, cool and sunny summer" About time we got one eh lol but as I said to Sunny, weather isn't controllable so nature will be nature whether we like it or not.

Posted

It hasn't happened recently but there are quite a few examples of sunny, dry but cool summers. There's a few in the 60s, 70s and 80s and 1913 is a notorious one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Wade you’ve just had 2 springs which have felt a lot cooler than average due to lack of sun, please let us enjoy some sun and heat before we all go stir crazy.

I can’t wait to feel sunny warm 22c+ touching my skin…I’ve been in a jacket and scarf more times than I’d like this spring 

• Like 4

Posted

TwisterGirl81 And you've had two springs or more that have been decent in terms of sun and felt warm. I love the sun myself but I'm just stating the weather can't be pitch perfect 24/7. We had a long run of drier and sunny springs before this spring and last year so we were bound to get a few poor springs on the trot, if the weather was the same constantly, we wouldn't be here would we

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Wade I wish we did have consistent springs and summers, the jet has been so far south last spring and this spring that we have effectively been having springs I imagine northern Scotland and the Faroe Islands get…it just sucks as I wouldn’t have minded had it been like that in winter then maybe we’d have had snow but these patterns always emerge at the wrong time to actually benefit from with seasonal weather….hopefully the jet sods off back north not to be seen again until late autumn 🍂 😋

Posted

TwisterGirl81 I know, it is irritating but that's life, one year we'll get a snowy winter and a spring like spring. Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Posted

8C and overcast. May as well be December. How has this happened 2 springs in a row. Tragic.

• Like 2

Posted

So tomorrow could be the last day of this cold weather. The last 13 days have been 5-9c below average so please can the next 13 be 5-9c above!

• Like 1

Posted

Snowy L Hardly tragic mate is it, tragic would be your family getting killed in a road accident. We've had numerous decent springs on the trot so I think a number of crap springs on the trot was bound to occur.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

marky810 Thankfully thats not going to happen!

Snowy L Tragic?....not really the right word i suspect

Posted

Wade I get your point for the wider world, but tragic is obviously being used in the context of weather as this is a weather forum. And strictly speaking of weather the perfect one word description of this weather in late April is tragic.

• Like 1

Posted

Well one positive is this wretched cold is going to disappear on Monday. Mid to high teens, possibly low 20’s in some favoured eastern spots coming up this week. The downside is that there will still be rain around, but in any sunshine it will feel much warmer.