Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Properly grotty morning today, damp, cold. But the models are looking a lot more promising this morning. Get some warmer air in during the upcoming week and then things hopefully look like settling down into the second week of May. 

Monday and Tuesday also looks decent around these parts:

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.d717cc3e1808813c9a04d5b9b7f95654.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Summer8906 it’s featureless sheet grey here. 

Feels just like one of those anticyclonic gloom days in mid-winter 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

Spring is usually such an exciting time because although I'd never expect wall-to-wall sunshine and consistently high temperatures, I do start to anticipate the upcoming summer and there's often enough decent weather to inspire it. I think that's what we've been robbed of this year and last (2021 to an extent too). Mind, if we do have a nice week after all next week then it wouldn't be too late. It's just the feeling of the window of opportunity closing up in front of our very eyes that makes poor springs so dismal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I don't like what the models are chucking out!! 24c for London and NW and 14c for us!! stained glass window me! That will really hurt.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

sunny_vale yes i feel this too.  We have had a decent friday and saturday this month but thats indeed about it all spring.  I am excited about the potential for storms mid week though, even if it comes to nothing - its the anticipation of such conditions.  

So many Marches and April's combined have indeed failed in this area.  2023, 2021 and further back 2016 and 2017 to an extent also.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
14 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I don't like what the models are chucking out!! 24c for London and NW and 14c for us!! stained glass window me! That will really hurt.

Where have you seen 24c for London but 14c for Winchester? Seems inconceivable. Winchester isn’t that far from London. 

edit: just seen the chart posted above. Must be a cold front. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

*Stormforce~beka* I know, I’m happy for the southeast/London but it would be like a slap in the face. This morning was cold, I thought I’d been asleep for months and woke up in November. 

It sucks even more that we didn’t really have a spring last year apart from the last 2 weeks of May last year and it’s the same this year. 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Thanks 1

Posted

TwisterGirl81 I had nothing last Spring at all. I remember you having nice weeks whilst we were stuck under the constant gloom. I saw nothing til a nice week in June - Sigh!

• Like 2

Posted

Yet another day this April that would be disappointing in November. Cold and miserable yet again. 

@Alderc 2.0 - Really sorry to hear about your injury. That sucks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

*Stormforce~beka* I know. I think nice weather will be here soon, we just have to be patient and hopefully we’ll have an extended summer.

April will end up wetter and duller for many of us, the third month in a row like this and that’s after a duller and wetter several months the later part of last year too…We just have to feel the motions, which we have every right to feel after such dire weather for months and know that brighter days ahead 💕 

Alderc 2.0 hope you get well soon 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

9c and cloudy today after some morning rain, a typical February day.

Completely normal though, only 8c below average.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

*Stormforce~beka* I have a feeling that won't verify luckily/unluckily depending on where you are haha

• Like 2

Posted

SummerShower that's really is it isn't it. 

I think we were spoiled in springs in the 00s and 10s, almost becoming better than many summers, until 2020. I wonder when we will get out of this pattern again. 

Agree on the 2016, but 2017 I recall was a pretty good spring overall, especially the April. Although I was away from mid March to mid June so it's anecdotal and looking through the data rather than personal experience!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

sunny_vale and 2022 was pretty good after mid March.

• Like 1

Posted

B87 given the thickness of the cloud, will it be the second day this week stuck at 9c? We're 7c at the moment. I suggested a return period of 4 to 5 years for a day this cold in the last third of April. 2 in a week I think would be very rare indeed. I appreciate it's only 1:40pm so there is still some time to warm up to say, the dizzy heights of 10c here and 11c London 😆

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well looks like we may be seeing some sunny intervals tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed and toes and every thing else😂

nmmukcloud.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
5 hours ago, SunSean said:

Just funny how any nice periods of weather are always 10 days away, just like an addict chasing his next high- He imagines how good it will be but it never arrives!

I may have mentioned this before, but model runs should only go out to day 7 at the furthest for the general public. Would do much more good than harm if that was the case.

• Like 1

Posted

MP-R yes agreed! 2022 I thought was a good spring overall, even with the mixed May which didn't feel as dull to me as the stats suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

Vile horrid day. 4c and cold rain and high ground near me getting snow flurries. This set up even a month earlier would have brought snow. At least modems seem to go for something warmer and drier medium term so fingers crossed this hapoens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I notice the forecast for early-mid next week is slowly but surely increasing the number of showers. From dry, to mainly dry, to scattered showers... What's the betting that by Monday it will be just a slightly warmer version of today?

• Thanks 1