Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

snowspotter With an official renaming of our country to Great Bogland and/or The United Moistdom, off the back of our new climate which is creating new forms of moss and subspecies of duck to flourish.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Morgan La Fe …….. ! 

IMG_0859.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

V pleasant out there today, at 14c with sun and clouds. Rain forecast from 2, here, so washing out on line to hopefully dry in the balmy breeze.

Off to the real heat tom morn, 2 weeks cruising around the Caribbean. When i come back i hope to see a 17/18c March with plenty of sun. Here's hoping😎👍

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I can't believe we're still searching for cold in the model output thread, I thought by now we'll be looking for spring conditions because winter has shown that it wasn't going to be a winter at all and just full of muck

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

kold weather Similar here. A bit damp after the rain this morning but otherwise a fine, dry and mild day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Latest forecast updates "turning milder and wetter"...

Oh? Has it not been wet thus far? No, I must be imaging things. 

Good to know though. The ground is in desperate need of things turning wetter. 

Bristawl Si I swear you're always going on holidays! Hard life eh, enjoy 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Atmogenic Maybe because we hardly had a winter?? Mid August people are still searching for warmth so it only makes sense. Winter can still show it's hand way into March, still some chances of cold albeit increasingly small. 

• Like 4

Posted

Some people will never admit it, but most long range forecasts / background signals / teleconnections are little more than guesswork. I understand that there is a science behind it., but clearly they are next to useless.

And next winter, these people will have learnt nothing from this winter and still telling us that we are going to get some cold.

At the start of this winter, I said that any cold we get down south will be a bonus. That should be the mantra of all winters, regardless of what the models etc predict.

I do not want cold in March. It's a spring month, so I'm now looking for the first 21C of the year.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Is it really February today?? 

Sunny spells, calm, 16°C, it's pretty much what you'd expect in early May! Not far off a Spanish plume. The fact southern / south eastern Spain gets to enjoy these conditions over 75% of the time in modern winters are in my eyes very lucky!

Don't mind this at all if there's no more snow👌

20240215_125300~2.jpg

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Cloudy here but dry currently and exceptionally mild, currently at 14°C. I don’t think I’ve seen a day this mild in February since February 2019.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Oddly mild today. We managed a few hours of dry too, but the rain has inevitably arrived. Still, I had to go down a jacket size today. Currently wearing my spring/autumn lightweight jacket.

• Like 2

Posted

Bristawl Si good on you! Highly doubt I'll be retiring whilst I'm still alive lol, same as most people currently in their 20s, so I take as many trips and travels as I can in the here and now 😁

Latvia next, in April. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

markyo Up to this stage, we've had worse winters devoid of snow or any notable cold as recent as 21-22, 19-20 was worse, ditto 18-19, 16-17, 15-16 and 13-14.

We've been fortunate though with our biggest single snowfall for nearly 20 years, another good snowfall 16 Jan though turned to rain, and 2 good cold spells, with three ice days. 

Posted

Metwatch I'm wearing my spring jacket which is just on the tad warm side. Definitely an April day for Essex/London.

Plenty of people still out and about in winter coats and wooly hats though lol. Stockholm syndrome? Or perhaps tourists from warm places in the USA or Australia who find anything below 18c to be frigid...

• Like 4

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons It always amazes me how many people struggle to dress appropriately for the weather. I can only think they just don't pay attention to forecasts and/or don't check the temperature before they go out for the day.

I find the opposite is true in the US (even Florida where I lived for a year) in the sense people always seem to underdress for the weather. They get the shorts out at any opportunity and hoodies are often seen when the temperature is well below 10C.

• Like 1

Posted

Frigid Yes, can definitely still get some properly cold spells in March, not too uncommon. 

Even April can have those frosty mornings and nights (April 2021 for example, wouldn't mind another April like that...very sunny and dry but alot of crisp days as well).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Feeling warm-ish in the capital in this afternoon's sunshine. Many amateur stations reporting 17-19°C..

Could pass for a day in April or May! 😎

spring1.thumb.png.dc11b403bf73688311b4716f61013890.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Definitely Spring like out there with milky sunshine and temperatures in the high teens. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Penguin16 the SSW has more or less disappeared from the forecast models as far as I know. As have the Greenland high and northern blocking. It was surprising u-turn to see after such strong cross model agreement.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Mostly blue skies, very mild with a small breeze. 17c. Genuinely, unironically more 'summery' than many of the days in "summer" 2023 lol.

We struggled to obtain these conditions for a big chunk of July abc. 

Madness. 

PXL_20240215_145939374.jpg

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Thanks 1