Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

It's looking like the latest SSW and northern blocking forecasts have flopped spectacularly. Really odd how these signals can be so strong across models and just vanish like that... on the other hand, the potential of a ruined spring is much less likely now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

I remember mid August 2023 and a daytime high of just 9.oC and cool drizzle, it's amazing how February can be warmer than August. 

I'm hoping for an early summer.

20.oC mid April will do me fine.

And 37.oC in July.

Posted

sorepaw1 yes please! 

Last year was peculiar, dreadful March to Mid May. 5 weeks of decent weather until the of June and then nothing until the September heatwave. I’d expect something very different this year. 

• Like 3

Posted

Woke up to yet more rain hammering on the roof. Maybe I should start growing rice!

markyo  Except there wasn't much heat in the summer months last year.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

marky810 Oh apart from the warmest June on record!....🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Utterly amazing temperatures atm (not in a good way!)...my car said 12c on the way in, at 0630hrs. In the middle of February!! The bloke on the radio said that these temps are more typical of late May/ early June. So either that means that we're in for an appallingly hot summer...or that the weather systems in this country are screwed and that 'anything goes'  nowadays!

Edited by SollyOlly
Sorry mods, edited for swearing!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I’m definitely saving on energy costs these past few days. 11C this morning with a forecast high of 15C. 

• Like 4

Posted

A perfect Winter winding down to a close here.

Mainly mild (so saved on energy bills a bit) but with some cold snaps and snow falling thrown in.

Not sure what the fuss is about tbh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Stratus clouds and drizzle 😭😭😭

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly been one of the worst winters i can remember, total none event again

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
52 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Absolutely a spring day down here today, light clouds and bright and its feeling pretty nice and mild.

Way too damp and humid here to feel like spring. What it does remind me of is a cool, clammy, humid and dull day in August, or an average damp day in October.

To me it's the very antithesis of what late winter and early spring should be all about, which is still-cold weather but noticeably brighter than the preceding months.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Too early to place bets on July 2023 - June 2024 being the warmest such 12 month mid-year to mid-year period on record in the UK, but also the dullest and wettest? And the most anomalously southwesterly mid-year to mid-year on record?

Given this pattern, now approaching 8 months old, doesn't seem to want to shift, I'm beginning to wonder! 😉

And I am seriously beginning to wonder whether this is what climate change is condemning us to. Climate change seems set to produce a grim fate for Europe, dangerously hot in the south in mid-summer, but damp, dull and daytime temps varying little across the year (basically stuck in the 10-19 range most days) in the northwest. Will more and more people want to emigrate to the strip of Europe which will remain with relatively comfortable conditions (roughly an area from SW France to Poland)?

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Vile weather for late winter, happens year on year it's been ages since we've seen a cold second half to February. Very frustrating.. Looking forward to some cold in Spring, you just know there's a better chance of it than in winter. A largely cool, anticyclonic with a few warmer days scattered about would make a great Spring 👍

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

Utterly amazing temperatures atm (not in a good way!)...my car said 12c on the way in, at 0630hrs. In the middle of February!! The bloke on the radio said that these temps are more typical of late May/ early June. So either that means that we're in for an appallingly hot summer...or that the weather systems in this country are screwed and that 'anything goes'  nowadays!

More likely an appallingly cool-by-day and wet summer, knowing our luck!

This kind of gloomy, dull, drizzly southwesterly setup in the summer months would probably bring maxima only slightly higher than now - and the same rain and dull, just less intensely dull and more hours of daylight to enjoy the leaden skies! 😉

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2

Posted

Frigid Indeed, in the short-to-medium term, cool or cold and dry is absolutely what we need. I'd like a warm summer, but a cool, dry (and bright) spring is the medicine we need right now. Basically a locked-in anticyclonic/northerly pattern, but becoming straight anticyclonic by June. Three months of April 2021 synoptics in spring would be perfect, followed by a 1976 repeat in the summer (though I recognise opinions might differ on the latter...) and the driest combined spring/summer period on record as a result.

Of course because this is 2020s UK, I suspect we're more likely to see Elvis than the above happening, sadly...

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 4

Posted

Low pressure just sticks to these shores like a limpet. What an appalling winter it has been. 

What can go wrong,ALWAYS does.

Ready for Iberian high winters in the future everyone?.🤢

It's not like we have decent summers also.

Watch high lat blocking appears late march,April and may followed by a washout summer with a southerly tracking jet🤣🤢.

You know it's the favourite.......

Edited by joggs
  • Like 3

Posted

Summer8906  Mar 23 to Feb 24 will almost certainly be one of the wettest 12 month periods. If it was a calander year it'd be no.4 currently with another 2 weeks remaining and probably with a solid shot at no.1.

Of course there will be wetter 12 month periods than the wettest calander year, but even so I expect this Feb to be wet enough to push us into the top 10 all time wettest 12 month periods and indeed maybe even higher.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

markyo Certainly been a very poor season. Lucky we had that cold spell in Jan although unfortunately it didn't deliver widespread snow...because outside of that period, it's just been mild mucky dross.

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

Three months of April 2021 synoptics in spring would be perfect, followed by a 1976 repeat in the summer (though I recognise opinions might differ on the latter...) and the driest combined spring/summer period on record as a result.

Three months of April 2021 synoptics in spring would be the dream tbh. Driest April since 2011 that was, and coldest since '86.. what an excellent month. 

I do enjoy some warmth in May and June as it's quite pleasant around then, come Jul/Aug then it becomes a humid mess. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

*Stormforce~beka* a place called Pyha about an hour north of Rovaniemi. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Azazel Main issue for me has been the dullness and the wetness. Other than that  sunny and cold spell in Jan, It's just been so dark, rainy and grim. Since October.

Energy saving bills is the only silver lining of these sorts of conditions. Yesterday for instance it was 14c but I couldn't even enjoy the slightly milder temps because it was constantly windy with an incessant chilly drizzle in the air. 

• Like 2