Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Not a fan of heat, but if we do get it then the drier the better. Spells like July 2019, August 2020 and 2022 just remind me how humid it can get during heatwaves. Absolute unbearable at times, especially during night. I do have fond memories of July 2013 and 2018 as the heat was a lot drier. The Jul 2022 spell had a min humidity of 18% which I think is a record for here, felt like an actual desert. That said, it was a lot more manageable than those heatwaves mentioned. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I can imagine we'd see a marathon of supercharged Azores Highs this year, ideally not accompanied by rainfall. Considering how much of a role Iberian highs have played during winter it's probably fair to assume that'll continue into summer too. I'm getting the feeling that the ongoing strat developments could help to shift the jet stream in favour of something considerably drier, but these days that's more than likely followed up by extremes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Metwatch Er, when have I said I like it very wet...? My main concern is normal temperatures, and having it seasonal rather than bonkers hot summer and then perma-autumn...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Frigid it's too early to predict April (outside of the first few days), let alone summer 2024 lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Looking to be a beautiful morning for anybody in the South / South East tomorrow. 

A big meteorological smear. like a cosmic paintbrush streak. Grim.

Screenshot_20240321-220938~2.png

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

in more positive news, it looks like the ENSO forecasts are backing away from such a dramatic flip from El Niño to super La Niña. They're still seeing a flip, but not as harsh as once thought.

Posted

SollyOlly I think there seems to be a bit of a perception that fans of cooler weather = fans of wetter weather. 

Part of this I'd say is a result of the fact that nowadays, it seems like most of our properly dry spells only occur during heatwaves! Which is unfortunate for folk who don't enjoy proper heat, and also for folk that just enjoy generally pleasant dry weather in the 15c - 20c range. 

Honestly if our climate had more sunshine hours overall, I'm sure most folk would be pleased all round. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

reef said to my mate we’ll just be a colder version of the Azores

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

In Absence of True Seasons I quite liked I think it was May 2022 when it was dry but moderate easterly winds for what seemed like a few weeks. 

Bit annoying being outside though, as you had to keep taking jumpers & jackets off and on, depending on sunshine & shelter. 

Would take it over this utter crap at a heartbeat!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In Absence of True Seasons Yes, I know I’ve said it before but the biggest issue with our climate (by far) is the lack of sunshine. Year round. For example, sunshine in winter tends to be of the cold, crisp variety, which is very pleasant. 
As for summer, I’d be more than happy with 22-27°C every day, lots of sunshine and the some useful rain from time to time (with some big thunderstorms too, of course). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

There's a world of difference waking up to a bright & cheerful blue sky as opposed to a miserable & melancholic wall of grey. No wonder so many people have mental health problems in this country!

• Like 5

Posted

This March has been a bit like 2005 so far - Cloudy and Changeable, with a cold start and warm just before the equinox followed by colder again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

baddie April 2005 was cool, dry and dull. May 2005 was cool, dry and sunny with a 1 day heat spike.

Posted

baddie I personally wouldn't say it's changeable as it's been the same weather nearly every single day, in my area anyway. That being 10-14c, cloudy and some degree of wet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It has been changeable to a degree. Very mild over the last couple of days, 18c or so, with sunny spells. 

WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK

Plus: the weather forecast where you are

A reminder how topsy turvy the weather can be in March.

Posted

It's also been exceptionally dull and wet.

• Like 3

Posted

SE / South England and NW Scotland copping it today. Much of the wider country fairing alot better. Looks to be mostly clear skies in much of the North

Screenshot_20240322-111514~2.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

More or less wall to wall sunshine here, but with a fresh breeze.

Don and when the pattern does change, it makes you wonder how long the new pattern will persist for. I can see the potential for drought if it flips the other way and stays there for a year.

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Something has gone horribly wrong when the SE isn't getting the best weather. Now it seems to be having the worst, without fail, almost every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain with weather patterns seemingly becoming more sluggish, I too can see a prolonged dry period once the patten changes, leading to droughts!