Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Andy Bown Yes I think it was me (re humidity, rather than fresh air).

Posted
3 hours ago, raz.org.rain said:

yes 😬 it feels like our options so far are hot and dry or hot and wet. Given the absurd levels of global heat anomalies present, I can't imagine seeing the remainder of the year without crazy heat anomalies.

I know and I'm really beginning to wonder if our climate has recently undergone an unprecedented shift?! 😟

2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yes I am writing summer off now 😂

Yeah, maybe for those who want a cool summer (not necessarily me BTW)! 😉

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Don It wouldn't surprise me if a good number of days this summer are cool by day, even if they are warm by night.

Just hoping the next few months are dry. Dry is what we need right now, above all else.

• Like 4

Posted

Summer8906  It’s a March Easter. They’re always terrible.

2018 (Good Friday, Holy Saturday were March), 2016, 2013 and 2008 were all cold and/or wet and miserable as far as I remember anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Summer8906 the main thing that makes our summer days feel cool is thick overcast conditions. It honestly doesn't need to be much higher than 18/19c from June-August to feel properly warm, *if* the sun is out.

Huge, huge difference between 20c and clear skies and 20c and thick cloud and a breezy wind. As July 2023 readily showed - a month that was very much around average in terms of C.E.T but felt very cool to the vast majority due to the persistent cloudiness and regular drizzle.

As a so-called "heat lover" I'd readily prefer a month of 18-22c and mostly sunny, dry days over a month with lots of 25-30c days but also lots of cloudy and wet days. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted

Yesterday and today way better than forecast, so forgive me for not trusting any prediction for over a week from now. Sings "you don't know what ya doin'"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Real marked drop in temperature today! Fairly pleasant in that it's dry and sunny spells (currently) but so much chillier than it has been!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Looked out the window this morning, blue skies and sunshine, great... went outside and its blowing a hoolie and ruddy freezing 🙄 at least its not raining, yet 🤔

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Quite enjoying the weather at the moment. Hope it lasts a little longer. Not looking forward to summer really 😞

• Like 3

Posted

TheOgre yes, 23rd March 2013 was cold and snowy in Chester, and Easter Saturday 2008 had thick snow in Sheffield where I was watching a football match. We couldn't see the last minute equaliser because of the snow. Add Easter 1975 (Easter Sunday 30th March) which was bitterly cold and snowy throughout in the South East of England and I imagine elsewhere. The omens are not good! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
19 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Had everything but a tornado today, let’s just skip spring and straight into an extended summer please

Definitely not!! Its 23th of March!!! We need seasons....not just our preferred ones!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

markyo Well then we need mild to warm, dry sunny days with no rain, that's textbook spring weather.

We can't have an 11th month in a row with extreme rainfall.

Edited by B87
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Seasons are overrated.

In the case of Summer i totally agree.

B87 But we haven't had 11 months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A few heavy showers today but also sparkling blue skies. Chilly though!

IMG_2208.thumb.jpeg.bd87e1f00e39c8d54bd4a2b446a69e2c.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

markyo April will be the 11th consecutive month above 50mm here. The previous record was 9. February had over 100mm. March will end up with 200%+ rainfall. We need a run of notably dry months.

If we had no rain at all from now until June, we would still be in a rainfall surplus.

Edited by B87
  • Like 5

Posted

Had a bit of hail today, nothing too heavy mind but it hails (pardon the pun) the start of the convective season. Bring it on.

• Like 2

Posted

B87 Indeed. And the latest NetWeather forecast blog post / update doesn't exactly bode well for that...

"The recent wet weather pattern looks set to continue, bringing further challenges for farmers and potentially impacting crop yields"

Realistically we need April, May and June at a minimum to be below average rainfall, just to balance out how sodden the landscapes all are. 

My worry is that we won't have "normal' below average rainfall months, but instead, just flip back to the opposite of this protracted wet spell with a similar spell to 2022. Feast or famine.

• Like 2

Posted

B87 You did say extreme.....it is not 11 months of extreme, that is fact