Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1772269771649675590

Interesting post here...it's not just Britain wallowing in the unsettled conditions.

Looks like pretty much the whole of Europe is getting barraged with grim weather fronts, storms, rains and cloud. Definitely unusual in places like Costa del Sol in Spain! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Despite all the doom and gloom over this current cooler and wetter spell, tonight has turned out to be a bog standard early spring evening here. Fresh and still. It was wet today and it was that annoying fluffy drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

cheeky_monkey its true which is why I don’t believe Plymouth sunshine figures, either that or ours hasn’t been updated on the Exeter Wikipedia page in years as there’s no way Plymouth records more sun than Exeter annually. Mind you the record monthly temperatures on the Exeter Wikipedia page are out of date anyway so wouldn’t surprise me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Dull, chilly and damp today. Days like today make me look forward to 2 weeks in florida in may. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

WYorksWeather it was pretty miserable here during the day, although we didn't see any heavy rainfall fortunately. I think the rain shadow effect of the north Wales mountains and the Cheshire plains usually benefits us here.

• Thanks 1

Posted

went out for a walk at 2am, and despite the Moon beaming down, it still managed to rain again

after rain all last night, and all day Monday

just to put the icing on the cake, my left shoe must have a hole, and i have a wet sock

I need a vacation soon

• Like 2

Posted

Depressing model output this morning, very little to suggest anything other than low pressure after low pressure to cross the UK right through to the end of at least the first week of April. Autumn continues we into its third season…

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Looks like 2024 is shaping up to be the dullest & wettest year on record. I hate this country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The very last thing I expected today, considering the weekly forecast, was to wake up to a blue sky and a sunny morning. Yet here we are. It's shocking how consistently wrong they get it, even just a day in advance. Might still rain later, but no sun at all was on the cards yesterday when I checked.

SunSean Don't be like that...it's still only March 🙂  🙂

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Alderc 2.0 we've basically had low pressure after low pressure since July 2023, aside from the odd few days here and there and the heatwave in September. 

Madness.

• Like 4

Posted

SunnyG The specifics on the forecast are wildly inaccurate, daily. 

Having a decent early morning of sunshine at present, which wasn't showing on the forecasts (until this morning, lol). 

Pretty much every day for the next 7-10 days is showing as rain but I have a strong hunch that it won't be quite as bad as depicted. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Beautiful morning, sunny and warm. Shame it’s not going to last. Looks **** later. 

• Like 2

Posted

One of the few mornings coffees I've been able to enjoy outside this year thus far! Alongside one of the very few cloudless March mornings.

Really surprised to see today's morning like this considering what the forecasts showed as of last night.

PXL_20240326_095827312.jpg

PXL_20240326_095414651.jpg

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I'd rather have it this way than the other 🙂 But yeah, how do they manage not to forecast a sunny morning with blue skies?????????? It was still cloudy on their website at the moment I posted my earlier comment... it's just so unprofessional imho If I were in charge of it, I'd be ashamed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

danm Can confirm. Rain nonstop practically from midnight to midnight yesterday. A nice hefty 21mm of rainfall recorded!

cheeky_monkey I would bet on Plymouth being far wetter than Exeter (thanks to Dartmoor) but I'd say sunshine stats are probably similar, if not Plymouth a tiny bit sunnier. We get slightly clearer skies being right on the coast compared to most of the country which is often cloudier and drier. (one thing I noticed about the SE at least)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow

In Absence of True Seasons

It's not unusual for the south coast of Spain to get heavy rains in the early spring. March is the joint-wettest month for the region by rainfall total (along with November), and the wettest of all by number-of-rainy-days (closely followed by April), it rained almost every single day in one April when I lived there for example. However what is unusual is just how dry and sunny the Mediterranean coast of Spain has been these last few years; they're having the worst drought in living memory as the map linked below shows, and the olive harvest has been decimated as a result causing olive oil prices across Europe to double. 

This heavy rain engulfing the whole Iberian peninsula is desperately needed in Eastern & Southern Spain and they'll be thanking the gods for it as well as praying for much more! 
Those in Northern & Western Spain have had more than their fare share lately though so they won't be welcoming yet more.

https://joint-research-centre.ec.europa.eu/european-and-global-drought-observatories/current-drought-situation-europe_en

Edited by JakeWorces
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Sun Chaser Plymouth Mountbatten averages 1730 hours, Exeter Airport averages 1561 hours (seems very low). 

You have been in the SE during an extremely dull and wet period. December was the 3rd cloudiest on record, February the 2nd wettest, and March has also been much wetter and cloudier than would be expected. I imagine around March/April is when the SE pulls ahead of the SW in sunshine totals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Always good when forecasts are wrong and instead ends up being sunnier than forecast as it was the case earlier but has clouded over now. Rain coming back this afternoon unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.45bfc10e23fbceae7a62322e91c058b1.png

• Like 1

Posted

JakeWorces I've been to March/April several times in Andalusia (near Málaga) because my parents have a little apartment there. 

It's generally mostly sunny, fairly warm (18-22c) and maybe the odd shower, every time I have visited. My parents go there every year around this time, and they said they've never had a full week of cloud and rain like os happening at the moment. They said locals in the town also commented to them about it. They may have to cancel some of the shows and parades that are planned in the town for the Easter Weekend, which hasn't happened in many years (guy who runs the little cafe in town said). 

So I don't think these conditions are particularly common for South Spain, at least, not for a solid 7-10 day period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Sun Chaser can confirm Exeter is way sunnier than Plymouth ..often it would be misty murky and drizzly in Plymouth but once i got the other side of the moors east Devon and Exeter would be dry bright and sunny ..actually did witness a fabulous weather phenomena in Plymouth in 1996