Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

SunnyG Yea I think I've lost all hope for good now it's over a year tbh. Used to be one or 2 nice days now 4 but again no extended week or 10 days or even 2 weeks of sun. Just the endless Autumn for the past 13 months. I've given up forever now. I'm not going back to optimism. Going to sell the paddling pool too I think. Not like it'll be hot again - Wasn't for more than a few days last year which it's not worth getting it out for ... Need a new patio and chairs for the garden but haven't bothered getting any. No point.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

There's quite a few factors that favour a warmer and drier summer so it really would be a freak occurrence of nature if we end up with a repeat of July/August 2023.

• Insightful 1

Posted

Don Well that is concerning! No one wants throwing into the furnace from 12c! What happened 25-30c?! The perfect temperature. WE don't get it any more!!

Alderc 2.0 I've only worn a no winter coat about 3 times ... So not even put mine away yet!

Posted

B87 July 2023 wasn't dire for my location (albeit not great) and think of the likes of July 2007, 2008 and much of 2012 being worse.  August 2008 was definitely worse than 2023 and most certainly a dire month and probably the worst summer month I remember!  Also, June is a summer month and was the hottest on record, so surely that counts for something and then we had September?  

Anyway, I suspect we will have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It’s not uncommon to get these colder spells in Spring with northern blocking becoming more likely at this time of year, hence why Spring can be such an infuriating season. In winter you expect dull, damp and cold. In Spring our expectations rise so when we do get these spells it becomes more depressing. 

A chilly spell now with winds veering east or north is not unusual. The problem is we’re coming off the back of an exceptionally wet last 18 months and the middle of last Summer was so poor, so we’re all naturally more impatient than we otherwise would be.

Nothing to suggest we can’t still have a great Summer, but it would be nice if we could finally get some sustained dry and sunny weather sometime soon. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

DonMiddle!!! 25-30c is perfect.  Hell I would even accept 20-25c. I don't wanna boil in the mid 30s plus

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

danm I've mentioned this elsewhere but as a very general rule of thumb, unexceptional springs tend to be better for hotter and drier summers. When we get early warm spring weather it tends to result in an unexceptional summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

*Stormforce~beka* we can as we did have another late ssw didn’t we?

can only hope we have a really long extended sunny warm period like we did last year but longer and July and august turn out nice.

this is feeling like a really long slog. Well at least we have some proper sunny days coming up with lighter winds, though only 15-17c if we’re lucky, should still feel pleasant enough though I can’t wait for temps of 21c and above reliably. The rain has relented too so it’s steps in the right direction albeit small ones 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons It's cooler here than London but not as much as many of you think. The difference between October/November and April is often minimal I find. More noticeable in the summer for sure. In spring it's not unusual for the odd day to be warmer here than the SE if the wind is easterly for example.

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

It's cooler here than London but not as much as many of you think. The difference between October/November and April is often minimal I find. More noticeable in the summer for sure. In spring it's not unusual for the odd day to be warmer here than the SE if the wind is easterly for example.

Yep not unusual at all for the west to be warmer than the E/SE at times during Spring, simply because northern blocking is most common at this time of year, so we often see high pressure drifting up towards the NW, favouring sheltered western areas from an easterly breeze, which at this time of year is more likely to drag in low cloud off the North Sea than at other times of year. 

It’s why the driest time of year for the NW is often April and May. 

• Like 1

Posted

reef I don’t remember it being particularly nice - was it propped up by warm nights?

Summer 23 was also apparently one of the ‘warmest ever’ or at least above average according to the stats but anyone with eyes would say it sucked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Don the three week spell in June was wonderful - I have zero complaints there (apart from lack of storms) but July was a horror movie and august was painfully mediocre. 3 out of 12 weeks is quite poor. 

• Like 1

Posted

Azazel Spring 2022 was warm, dry and sunny overall:

image.thumb.png.ce2e85ee3f36c7aa345dc8b3ba91dd9d.png
image.thumb.png.7ed1e20a896445e261b72846f9c2a6aa.png

image.thumb.png.65618acf3196113f3ad8092941cc01b0.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

danm March and April 2022 were sunny and dry. May 2022 was warm and dry but very dull.

Posted

Azazel no, it was the opposite. The days were more above average than the nights. March and April were both dry and sunny, with 8.0C and 9.2C on the CET. May was duller than average with normal rainfall but was very warm at 13.1C.

• Like 1

Posted

Azazel Summer 2023 reminded me a bit of 2017 (minus the September which was awful in 2017).

June was very warm and sunny (though wetter than average here), but then we had a 6 week spell of absolute rubbish, with below average temperatures, above average rainfall and extreme cloudiness almost every day. It improved into August, but August was still a poor month.

• Like 4

Posted

I just hope we don't get a repeat of one of the 2007-2012 summers once we get an April and May of chilly northerlies out the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've just been perusing the latest Met. Office Ten Day Trend and the BBC's useless app and both look like crap. I've got a feeling that this won't be my last of the summer whines! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1