Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

At least it’s been a bad spring for most of Europe, not just us.

Look at this yucky Munich forecast for example 🤢

342E8EC0-3898-4CBB-AEA2-9BFC112F6643.thumb.jpeg.54e9b9afaaf8b2f2832b0f9e823e2030.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

cheese No better in Czechia, we’ve gone straight back to early March this week. Some sunny spells, at least, but the baltic wind is just nasty. A ray of hope showing in 10 days time 😆 

IMG_1316.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

MP-R yes Essex, what are you disputing ?

Screenshot_20240418_224947_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Another rainy morning. What a truly awful Spring this is.

My son's cricket pitch is essentially a bog and not likely to be playable until mid June at the earliest.  Effectively writing off half their season. 

Old fellas at the club cannot remember it as bad.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted

richie3846 No, but above average for sure.

It's the increasing frequency this Spring for me, barely a dry day.

Looking forward to 4 or 5 days of dry weather to try and get the grass cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Random question - did anyone ever use the Reading University ‘the month so far’ page? I found it a great resource that summarised the main climate station data throughout the UK. Was always updated every morning at 9am - the link just doesn’t work anymore. 

WWW.MET.READING.AC.UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

cheese Very poor.

But they did just come off the back of a pretty solid spell of 18-25c+ sunny weather nearly across the board!

The only glimpse we got of anything close to that was last Saturday. Which, judging by the forecasts for the next 7-10+ days, will be the only warm, sunny day the rest of this month delivers.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days

Can't think of worse time in history to be a meteorologist when it seems it's been an age since they've provided a forecast that gets the smiles back on faces. 

It's like the weather is broken! However, even though its cloudy without a chance of meatballs, it's dry and I bloody hope we can go at least a week without rain! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Good grief, the weather today is far more dire than forecasted. Dull, gloomy, windy and chilly.

Looking to be showers later too, lol. It was showing as 13c and mostly sunny when I looked yesterday. 

So much for "high pressure". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The day started off ok here, if chilly, but the howling wind is again in full blast. Eff off already, come back when it’s hot!

• Thanks 1

Posted

SunnyG Getting paid triple figures per year for a job where you can have a ridiculously low success rate and not be fired?

Or getting paid triple figures per year for a job where you can say to everyone "it's going to be some degree of cloudy, and also some degree of wet" daily and then put your feet up.

Probably a combo of both. Either way, I'd be smiling too! 😝

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looking forward to some nice sun surprises the weekend. Had enough of this permi-cloud now. Even if it’s not raining it’s virtually cloudy all the time! I don’t want wall to wall sunshine but a 50% chance of sunshine through the day will help lift the gloom on peoples faces 😊

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

SunnyG lols , probably not the weather!!!🤣

• Like 2

Posted

ANYWEATHER 

As of yesterday, today was meant to be sun and cloud here but now raining most of the day and cloudy later, so I wouldn't bank on anything re tomorrow's weather.

The forecast can and does change even just hours ahead of time! Wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow is cloudy and showery also.

Yes, I'm being pessimistic admittedly, but it's hard not to be after the last; 12 months of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

As of yesterday, today was meant to be sun and cloud here but now raining most of the day and cloudy later, so I wouldn't bank on anything re tomorrow's weather.

The Met Office forecast from yesterday (see below) looks pretty bang on. Cloudy, chilly, damp morning to be replaced by showers in the afternoon:

Screenshot2024-04-19at10_41_10.thumb.png.4a331dadceff16d1a9c5144d1e354675.pngScreenshot2024-04-19at10_42_30.thumb.png.172f2561dd876acddf36f55b4808e6bf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

We were meant to have showers this morning, so i'm sat inside house instead of sealing the patio. But it's 'kin dry with sunny spells and some cloud.

So, do i wait another hour and see what materialises OR do i just get on with it? If it showers later the stuff will run or go white spotty. 

Posted

danm I need to use the Met more!

The apps on the phone are just woefully inaccurate 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Just now, In Absence of True Seasons said:

The apps on the phone are just woefully inaccurate 

Especially if it's just the stock iphone or android weather app you're using. I get why the layman may use those, but weather nuts like us shouldn't go anywhere near those!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1