Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

According to this forecast, the long awaited arrival of typical springlike sky conditions won't arrive until 7th May.

Screenshot_20240428_184228_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cfa06547be44a0aebafe1106d588fb7a.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

I remember Atlantic 252 Seriously, why couldn't these kind of setups happen in February? 🤬 Super Nino

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

danm it's interesting that people will insist we can't get consecutive hot and dry summers but seem to take no issue with the idea of consecutive poorer/wetter summers.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

raz.org.rain They must hate 1975/1976 and 1989/1990, both infamous pairs of hot summers 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The poor first week of May seems to have been downgraded (or upgraded) quite significantly. Next week is mostly upper teens with 19°c next Saturday. 

• Insightful 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Not to mention, it looks like the bright orb in the sky will be paying a visit most days. It certainly has this evening.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

ChannelThunder It did come here... for a time. Blue skies and small Cu clouds around 1400-1530 or so.

However (and completely unexpectedly) dark, heavy clouds moved in from the SW and a spell of heavy rain passed over around 1700. Got thoroughly soaked as a result as in this kind of synoptic situation (cyclonic northerly with low moving away to the east) if the sun comes out later in the day, it normally stays dry. Certainly no sign of heavy rain around 1530 when I went out... the Cu clouds in the clearer air were not building fast so it didn't look like general showers were on the menu.

Still rather cloudy now.

Did anyone else get the heavy spell of rain this afternoon? What caused it? I would guess a trough that unexpectedly formed, it was certainly very trough-like in character.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

raz.org.rain Ah, but is it fine weather or "at least it will be mild" weather?

Posted

B87 Looks very decent from Friday 3rd to me?  No heatwave but after the last few weeks, that will be pleasant enough for most.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Summer8906 said:

Did anyone else get the heavy spell of rain this afternoon?

Nope, looks like we got Kented. The Sun is still out now.

Edited by CryoraptorA303
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

In Absence of True Seasons Your proving my point again my friend, its like groundhog sometimes on here. Your insertion of words or phrases when quoting another is fascinating. As i said the word tragic is incorrectly used. definition: causing or characterized by extreme distress or sorrow: Also where was the joyful part in my post out of interest?

Edited by markyo

Posted

Well that wasn’t expected. Rain clearing and mostly sunny from about 2pm onwards. Felt almost spring like and I was able to get a few outside jobs done. Not a bad evening either. A bit more like it please!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Similarly not a horrendous day here. After an absolutely shocking late morning and early afternoon with heavy rain and a strong breeze, increasingly bright with much lighter cloud later on.

It has shown up in the temperatures as well, even UKV's 15z model tonight ended up being significantly wrong for the late afternoon temperatures.

image.thumb.png.a43bfbbeeafc893153c481e798305029.png

Temperatures supposed to be limited to perhaps 13C at most and many areas 10-12C, but in fact a number of stations crawling their way up, with an absolute max around 15C in the late afternoon.

image.thumb.png.9f883835f47213c1f355272d9624b829.png

Closer to home not so much - temperatures around 10-11C only but still felt better as the afternoon wore on with more in the way of sunshine. Overall still has to go down as a poor day for late April. Felt better because I had zero expectations, but in truth still only about a 3/10 kind of day weather-wise.

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, B87 said:

wonder if we will get a 3rd 200% rainfall month in a row, in the last few days of April?

Now up to 69.0mm for the month, ridiculous.

2024 will finish far wetter than average, calling it now. There is no realistic way we will only get another 300mm all year.

I did some calculations..

• Like 1

Posted

baddie Start of 2013 perhaps, bluebells still out on June 2nd which was unprecedented in my memory.

Posted

Alderc 2.0 Both of them finally clear the unsettled weather on Tues 7th... couldn't make it up.

WYorksWeather So only 10 or 11 here by the looks of it. It actually felt rather warm around 3 or 4pm, incredibly! As I said, it's not the temps that are the problem, it's the 10 months and counting of endless unsettled weather.

I suspect the mid-year to mid-year period Jul 23-Jun 24 is practically certain to be wettest on record now. Doesn't look like May will be especially dry (though may avoid being wet), so perhaps only a bone-dry June poses any risk to the record I suspect.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I massively underestimated how much rain we would get last night. 35mm today that takes us to 95.4mm for the month. Frustrating to just miss out on yet another 100mm month.

It never ends.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Don From the 7th it'll be the first time in a long time that we will be getting normal levels of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Alderc 2.0 About as surprising as finding water in the Pacific ocean. Maybe the next settled spell showing up 10 days away in the models will be the one right guys??! LOL.

Posted

B87 That forecast is subject to change anyway, could be sunnier than predicted or less sunny.  We will just have to wait and see.

Posted

Summer8906 Yes, June 2013 was the final month of that sustained cold period with January to June all coming in below the 1961-90 average. Imagine the prospects of that happening now?!  It flipped spectacularly after the opening days of July.

• Like 1