Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2024

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

Cheshire Freeze FYI I have made a thread in the historical thread in regards to summer 2007 and summer 2019 for you to feast your eyes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Felt very springlike today with the mild temp and strengthening sunshine. Now that we are in March, I am happy for this kind of weather to stay. Though I am happy with cold up until the middle of the month. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Heard the first blackbird singing today under the pleasant March sunshine. Always a good sign of spring having arrived.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Here is my spring forecast rain, rain rain 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Rain all day and 7c certainly doesn't feel spring like here today.

• Thanks 1

Posted

A really beautiful day here- most clear skies all day and a unexpectedly mild max of 12.6C.

A March 2003-esque day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A very springlike day here in N Worcs. Lots of sunshine (yes, really!), light winds, no rain, birds singing... oh, I've missed these benign conditions so much. Exciting it isn't, but right now it's balm for the soul. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Very, very regional day today it seems. Some of us having rain and cloudy from conditions as per usual. Others getting sunny and more springlike.

A real shame that our country seems to struggle so much in delivering consistently pleasant / useable weather across all (or even most!) areas. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

waiting for the geese to return and the be-boo bird then i know spring has arrived.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: sunny and 20-25C. Winter: crisp and sunny or snowy

Mostly dull and chilly here so far this month.

• Like 1

Posted

Somewhat frustrating here, to be fair. It's been largely dry, and on some days even sunny, but there's a nagging breeze that means it's still not been that pleasant to be outdoors. We really need the temperatures to nudge up to the 14-15C range for it to feel properly spring-like. Very low chance of that in the next week or so, though to be honest that's to be expected.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Yesterday was the perfect day for early-Spring. Misty morning followed by a sunny afternoon. If only October featured more of those kinds of days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: sunny and 20-25C. Winter: crisp and sunny or snowy

Yesterday it was sunny or mostly sunny for almost all the daylight hours here. Went for a walk at about 12pm and this was the first walk I've been on where it felt properly spring-like. I was warm enough to leave my coat undone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

I don't know why but it feels like spring is taking an age to kick in this year for me. Last year I felt it pretty strongly through February and in 2022 we had some spring-feeling afternoons even in January! But this year I haven't been able to get into it. Every nice day still seems to be hazy or cloudy and I think the last time I saw a cloudless day must've been over a month ago now.

Having said that there's been plenty of cloudy days with sunny intervals and it's been dry lately which has been nice. But any feeling of spring has come in fleeting moments one day at a time - for example yesterday was a great morning but it's been miserable since last night. A sunny spell can't come soon enough!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Last March was preety un springlike, wintry early on, and very wet.

Spring tends to take until the end of the month to bed in, by then the sun has the same strength as it has in early-mid September. Easter and the clocks going forward will mark a significant change in feel..

Posted

NEVES SCREAMER the cold didn't arrive though. Its been above average throughout apart from briefly in early-Dec and early to mid-Jan.

It's not going to ever feel warm right now when we've just had a February almost as warm as an average April. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

damianslaw True - however February 2023 was such that it actually felt springlike! Lots of mild days with clear skies and beautiful sunsets followed by chilly nights. Could've been a good March, so much so that the dreadful March that actually came after felt like it had accidentally been swapped with the previous month in some kind of strange time warp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1