Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2024

Posted

SunnyG You are definitely correct. Look at the last 13 months. No meaningful prolonged dry spell. Just wind rain and cloud .  No difference April or July. October or December. Same old awful rubbish. No wonder the roads are full of pot holes.

• Like 3

Posted

NEVES SCREAMER There are loads of pot holes because the councils are incapable of fulfilling their responsibilities. You can't blame nature for everything😁 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Saw my first bumblebee of the year this afternoon. 🐝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The odd dandelion is out, by the end of the month they will be much more abundant, and I'm expecting an early season for tree leaf appearance. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

the geese are back sure sign of spring here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

NEVES SCREAMER There was a prolonged dry spell from late May to late June, then in the first half of September here, but other than that, southern England has stolen the climate of Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

al78  al78 West Midlands had storms and local flooding on both weekends in mid June. Probably 10th and 17th June. Our driest spell was about 10th May to 9th June. Wasn't particularly warm then but dry. We became warmer from 9th June until about 25th June but with those downpours sandwiched in there ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Hopefully we don't see a SSW induced cold spell, it'd surely be fatal for nature at this point.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 2

Posted

This March is fast entering the bin titled 'forgettable', what a tedious uninteresting month its turning into.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

CFSv2 is unfortunately not very inspiring for April.

Blocked, average temperatures, rainfall near average (except, rather oddly, in the far north and west).

image.thumb.png.cd0f271a8a0297a6919edaa3f64e092b.pngimage.thumb.png.6b7494155cbc428bb18f63cd9f3bddc4.pngimage.thumb.png.4f9d565039b6c451dc706bd5f70b3c2b.png

However, it does look like a very good May, as a lot of people have been speculating is overdue. Lots of high pressure, warm, and most importantly dry across much of the country.

image.thumb.png.feacfbf687dbce6a207b0a74346f707b.pngimage.thumb.png.1817a480447b01be76e204e9493f828b.pngimage.thumb.png.b8a1cc5870a1a2014cbeacbe983e6a81.png

All just for fun of course, these charts don't have a great track record.

image.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

damianslaw Yes, it's a continuation of what we have endured over the last few months. I would have liked to have had a last minute wintry spell earlier this month and now I am looking forward to some spring warmth. Had enough of rain.

*Stormforce~beka* We are long overdue a white Chrstimas. Can't remember the last one. ☃️

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

Weather Enthusiast91 I saw on in Dec 2004. My first year ever with hubby and we were at his parents in Blackburn. It snowed on Chrsitmas day and I nearly cried! First time i've ever seen snow on Christmas day! And certainly the last!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

WYorksWeather A 2018 repeat? That was a dreadful spring until the first week of May (other than the short hot spell mid April).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, windy storms, snow.

Why no thunder?

I see what appear to be powerful cumulonimbus over the southwest, and yet, no thunder from these. Why do (sometimes quite severe looking) cumulonimbus often fail to produce any lightning? 

Screenshot_20240315-025737_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240315-025835_Netweather Radar.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

damianslaw It wouldn't be so bad if winter hadn't been such a letdown but I feel like I'm still owed something wintry, especially after that diabolically-mild February. I'm getting bland 2014 vibes from this spring so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

*Stormforce~beka* I think I remember that, I would've been a child at the time. I remember a Christmas family dinner at our grandad's and when it was going home time everything was covered in snow, which seemed like a novelty even in the 2000s. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of snow on Christmas Day since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain It was still there boxing day as I remember a walk boxing day evening. I want ot say it was snowing a bit again then. The weather really is boring these days!

• Like 2

Posted

Some quite lively showers about, including a thundery just south of Milton Keynes just know, this is what spring should be like, sunny spells and showers not dull damp washouts. Hopefully we see a classic April this year (April showers)

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* Yes, our climate is getting more boring it seems. Weeks on end of the same thing is commonplace nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Here comes Spring 😎

IMG_0899.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

raz.org.rain We need a summer that dry at the very minimum this year!

• Thanks 1