Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible 30c

Posted
24c here already. Too warm. Bring back the rain and cold.

Are you sure :o

26c here at the moment

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted
Are you sure :o

26c here at the moment

Hi TRL 23c here atm. Just right IMO as I wouldn't want it much hotter than that to be honest.

Have you got the storm magnet charged ready for this afternoon? :o

Brian :help:

your never happy Magpie! hehe :o

28c in Cambridge recorded just before noon! :help:

Well, I must say I rather enjoyed the summer up til now. I used to quite like this weather but I think after last year I've had enough sun and heat to last a life time. Looking forward to the lovely autumnn and winter now.

Posted
Well, I must say I rather enjoyed the summer up til now. I used to quite like this weather but I think after last year I've had enough sun and heat to last a life time. Looking forward to the lovely autumnn and winter now.

Me too! I would love a proper autumn ... but I won't begrudge a warm August except that Mrs WIB at 35 weeks is not a happy bunny today!

28.5C at noon at Charlwood. Just a question of 'when' not 'if' now. We might well see a 31C from this.

Edited by West is Best

Posted

There was quite a large variation of temperature last night over a small area.

For example it was 18.7c at The Weather Centre in London yet many places away from the city recorded sub 15.0c. Suppose just shows how large that Heat Island Effect is?

Ii wasn't that warm here last night. Dropped to 13.4c which is only 0.4c above the average August night.

Posted
Do I have reason to be twitchy about my bet on betfair that 91F (32.8C) wouldn't be breached this summer?

No I think you're safe ... probably! Might just see a 31C I guess.

29.2C at 13h00 so 30C should go between now and 14.30 I'd imagine.

We had some late running highs yesterday so we might get some more of those and have one or two high mark surprises when the Met Office complete the data late in the day.

Got to admit it's absolutely gorgeous here today. Can't begrudge it ... plastering done. Now for the lawn!

Edited by West is Best

Posted
No I think you're safe ... probably! Might just see a 31C I guess.

29.2C at 13h00 so 30C should go between now and 14.30 I'd imagine.

We had some late running highs yesterday so we might get some more of those and have one or two high mark surprises when the Met Office complete the data late in the day.

Got to admit it's absolutely gorgeous here today. Can't begrudge it ... plastering done. Now for the lawn!

Yes although I'm not a 'mildie' I am certainly jealous of your sunshine this weekend and wouldn't even mind a couple of hot days either! Heavy rain and 13C here!

Posted

Be careful out there Richard :o Get your feet up and enjoy it mate.

Brian.

Posted
Be careful out there Richard :o Get your feet up and enjoy it mate.

Brian.

Done it. Absolutely knackered now Brian. Hmmm ... think you're right. Feet up time.

Haven't hit the alleged-magic 30C just yet, but think it's coming shortly!

Posted
Done it. Absolutely knackered now Brian. Hmmm ... think you're right. Feet up time.

Haven't hit the alleged-magic 30C just yet, but think it's coming shortly!

Great stuff :o

I couldn't cope with those sort of temps to be honest. I'm far too hot already and my temps

are nothing like what you are seeing.

By the way Congratulations on reaching 6000 posts :o

Brian :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Well it's 30.2C here currently in southwest suffolk, south east Cambridgeshire border. Far too warm to enjoy doing anything, although I must not complain after the summer so far. It's sweltering outside. :o

Mammatus

Posted

Currently 25.4C here with a brisk and blustery wind. We wont make anything past 26C here I don't think. However, it is the warmest day of the year apparently. Still, I am not finding it uncomfortable at all and really am enjoying it. In fact, I could do with it being 5C hotter.

Posted

....to think in the worse summer of the 20th Century (going by maxima temperature) 1962 even then the temperature reached 27.8c so there must've been a heatwave similar to this one?

Anyway, the maximum temperature so far here is 28.1c. Now way I'm going to recieve a 30c but Cambridge may it's currently 29c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well its about 28c here currently and there is all afternoon to go yet so a 30c is coming possibly!

Its very Hot outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Well it's hovering around the 30 mark here, 29.8C - 30.2C in last 30 minutes.

29.2C recorded in Charlwood (southeast) @ 13:00, looking forward to 14:00/15:00 readings. 30C will be exceeded in a few places I expect from London up through Cambridge towards Kings Lynn in Norfolk (Mainly along M11 areas)

Mammatus :)

Edited by Mammatus