Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible 30c

Posted

30ºC is overated. 24.8º with a stiff breeze and frequent cloudy interludes is where its at. And funnily enough, thats what we have here, I'm so lucky.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Very humid but unfortunately too cloudy, xcweather has a station close to me at 24C.

Posted

I think it counts however it is widely accepted that the rooftop site isn't really in a position to get optimum readings.

Posted

Not sure that this is in the right section but todays max of 25ºC is only the second time that this figure has been reached this year here.

In July 2007 alone I recorded 25ºC+ eighteen times, including 14 consecutive days!

It gives a good comparison of just how good last July was and also shows how poor this summer has been for daytime temperatures.

Posted
Only official Sites count on a day like this-

Otherwise we will have the usual 35c readings appearing from Uncle Tom Cobblie & all.....

S

Yep, but is the London Weather Centre 'official' Steve? Can't recall exactly how the rules work on it.

Posted
27.5oC reached here at 1435 and cloud starting to build. I think we've peaked..

Hi Potty :)

Just read my car's outside thermometer, which I find much more reliable than the MetO :)

and it is showing 27c bang on. XC weather also has my area bang on 27c

Brian :)

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Well LWC has hit 30.1c so there you go. I knew people would then - after gaining 30c - go on about it being official or not! Sorry but if it is like that then most readings are false as all cities and towns are warmer due to the 'heat island.'

Maybe out in the fileds you will get the real temp! You may walk down the road and have a spot of 30c then a spot of 28c. So 30c has been reached. Central London wil have an air temp of 30c as it is busy, built up etc. All towns and citites are the same but maybe less extreme as say London. Even so we have had a 30c!

Posted
Maybe out in the fileds you will get the real temp!

Yes but nobody lives in fields so nobody cares.

I understand what you say about urban heat islands, although the effect on temperature is more pronounced after dark, and yes, temperatures should be taken in urban heat islands, as they are, because they are recording the real conditions that people are living in, so those readings are necessary and correct.

However, an improperly sited or over exposed thermometer within a heat island will give an even higher temperature, so that reading becomes as invalid as any improperly sited thermometer any place anywhere.

Posted

LWC is shown on the meto site as a 'Current Observations' site:

London site information:

Latitude: 51.521; Longitude: -0.11

Altitude: 43 m above mean sea level

It is indeed showing 30.1ºC atm. As for its 'officialness' I too am a bit dubious, but nonetheless I'm sure it wouldn't be given such status on the website if it wasn't?

Posted

It is official, however many people have pointed out that it doesn't really meet the stringent siting guidelines that an official site should meet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's been a reasonably warm sunny day in Cleadon but only 21.6C max. A bit surprising; I presume there must be a sea breeze.

Posted

Wouldn't be surprised to see somewhere else notch up to 30C as a late runner actually. Yesterday we had some really late high readings. Just about possible.

Well looks anyway as if we've had a 30C. Still reckon there will be one or two more yet in the next 8 weeks.

Posted
Wouldn't be surprised to see somewhere else notch up to 30C as a late runner actually. Yesterday we had some really late high readings. Just about possible.

Well looks anyway as if we've had a 30C. Still reckon there will be one or two more yet in the next 8 weeks.

just hit 30c B) :angry: the bbc says i wil hit 30c the hottest day for me in a year and the bbc were right

Edited by saint

Posted

I see one of our member's sites also goes over the 30ºC mark:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sutton.bond/w...erweb/index.htm

Full list:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp....384766&z=5

Slinky's site does too:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation...sp?ID=IPETERBO2

Very interesting :angry: