Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
How far west is this front supposed to get? gfs says east wales, met says just the eastern strip as far west a cambridge?

Comfused .com!

I'm starting to panic about this now lol. My initial worry was that the warmer sector would catch up with the PPN and turn it to sleet and be a washout for us... that was a day or 2 ago, now my fear has turned to the fact I think we will be too far West to get the main band!!! The GFS does show the PPN as far west as East Wales but it does show the heaviest stuff in East Anglia and North East. Sometimes the GFS just covers a large area with it's precip charts and it doesen't always end up being as widespread as the GFS precip charts say.

UKMO says heaviest in East Anglia and BBC forecast shows that Leicestershire and Rutland may be the western edge of it, in other words I might miss it! And so would you because you live in Warwickshire. Honestly if I miss this main band now i'll be sick :rolleyes:

I think it will make it as far West as Birmingham, thats my prediction but I am fearing the worse just incase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

WOW an hour into this showery event, and its now totally chucking it down with Snow, roads have got covered in about 15 minutes!!

Thisgs have really picked up!

Posted
I'm starting to panic about this now lol. My initial worry was that the warmer sector would catch up with the PPN and turn it to sleet and be a washout for us... that was a day or 2 ago, now my fear has turned to the fact I think we will be too far West to get the main band!!! The GFS does show the PPN as far west as East Wales but it does show the heaviest stuff in East Anglia and North East. Sometimes the GFS just covers a large area with it's precip charts and it doesen't always end up being as widespread as the GFS precip charts say.

UKMO says heaviest in East Anglia and BBC forecast shows that Leicestershire and Rutland may be the western edge of it, in other words I might miss it! And so would you because you live in Warwickshire. Honestly if I miss this main band now i'll be sick :lol:

I think it will make it as far West as Birmingham, thats my prediction but I am fearing the worse just incase.

I'm gonna be a bit vexxed if it doesn't. we've only had just over an inch now, whereas everywhere around about has had about 3-6".

And I bought a pair of wellies 5 years ago and they still have yet to see a snowfall that merits wearing them :lol:

Posted

the low is making me rather nervous, since it seems like thers no more showers to come now.

Posted

The tragic irony of it would be that even if it doesn't get as far west as Brum, it will have killed off all the showers ahead of it leaving us with nothing??

Talk about pee take!!

Hope I'm wrong, these things have a habit of surprising us anyway.

Posted
The tragic irony of it would be that even if it doesn't get as far west as Brum, it will have killed off all the showers ahead of it leaving us with nothing??

Talk about pee take!!

I'm just going with the negative thoughts and anything else is a bonus! haha! Has been nice to wake up to some snow and to be sitting at work staring out of the office at the snow. Not my most productive day at work but nonetheless... i'm enjoying the day! haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Talk about pee take!!

Think you might be right....I've been following the euro radar loop on NW extra, and it doesnt look like the current precip will make it west of say, Leicester...However, its certainly possible that the frontal precip might well develope further, thus affecting more areas to the west of our region...time will tell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

well all i can say is it is snowing not heavy but on meto radar this is not showing.

so im not sure where this orginates from it was sunny but that was over an hour ago and its been snowing ever since also cloud movementseem to be coming from southease direction :lol:

Posted

I know im just a novice at all this but I have been reading what people have been saying and what i have done is took my radar back to 10.30am and then followed it to which way the wind is panning out and I am hopefuly that it will hit the west midlands if it carrys on this course

cher

x

Posted
I know im just a novice at all this but I have been reading what people have been saying and what i have done is took my radar back to 10.30am and then followed it to which way the wind is panning out and I am hopefuly that it will hit the west midlands if it carrys on this course

cher

x

its very likely to hit even all the way into south wales ut the question is the intensity. from the looks of it we are looking at a couple of hours of light to moderate snow at best. (at the moment)

Posted

cher

x

Give it 3 hours and you'll be battered by snow, im North birmingham, I personally think its more touch and go with me although radio said we should expect more?

Posted

I'm a bit happier now as the latest radar shows a more westerly swing to the front, also it has developed somewhat on the western side.

All the showers ahead of the the front are pepping up too.....watch this space!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Posted

Well light snow here now, rain band is right on my doorstep.

All my snow in my back garden has gone...............not due to temperature, but due to the tap in my back garden bursting because of the cold, now i have to sit with no heating!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Posted
I'm a bit happier now as the latest radar shows a more westerly swing to the front, also it has developed somewhat on the western side.

All the showers ahead of the the front are pepping up too.....watch this space!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

hmmmmm. i'm not sure for my location at all, now. That main band of moderate precipitation has made alot more northerly progress that it has westerly. i'm not confident at all.

relatively speaking, we've had very little snow here. i'd say max of 3cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
any chance of more snow for Wolve's ? sorry i m a newbie here

Maybe in a few hours from the main band, not sure yet on how far West it will end up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Here comes another band of snow :D

indeed its been snowing here for over a hour not nothing heavy though also noticed early warning for thursday with regards to another snow event has been removed its now futher north it looks like things are set for milder next week boo :D

Posted

Loads of schools have been called off, the primary school near me was called off at 8:55, all the kids went barmy as I went past! Now the 2 nearest colleges have also closed, must be forecast something good?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Loads of Heavy Snow here and has left a deep covering. :doh:

That big area of snow looks to be coming this way. :o