Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
[Diddly squat in Rayleigh

I agree with that croydon is 3 miles up the road from me and whenever they see snow i see snow but nothing at the moment apart from a odd flurry :rolleyes:

Tom, To be honest I doubt any information like that has been compliled-

Moderate snow here now- not the heaviest of the night- but certainly beginning to settle on the ground & now on the concrete & paths-

i think we are below freezing, the back edge which is probably some 2030 miles away continues to develop a sharp cut off, - with probably a sharp thermal gradient on the back edge-

I would guess maybe 0.5cm in the end here- but then freezing as skies clear behind it-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
whats your temp/ dewpoint? 1.4C and 0.5C here respectively :rolleyes:

Apparently about 1c/1c think we are sooo borderline right on the south coast.

Posted
do you know how long this will last or will it fizzle out soon

The ppn seems to have stalled over parts of the SE :rolleyes: It was meant to have died out by now. Metoex radar shows that the ppn will progress for another hour. It will be interesting to see what transpires by 23:00 hrs.

It is still snowing here and settling as well :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Evening all, just in from work, came out of the windowless office to find cars all had a light covering of snow, drove 2 miles up the road and there was nothing, had to drive a further 2 miles to pick daughter up (langdon hills) and it was coming down in big flakes, drove back home and although its still snowing its nothing to get excited about.

Temp in Basildon atm is: 0.6c

Dewpoint: -1.1c

I have told myself I am NOT allowed to lampost/orange sky watch tonight - had a very restless night last night jumping up every few hours out of bed to check!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Update.

Here in Iwade its started snowing, lightly but all falkes and no slop. :rolleyes:

James

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Snowing here, very light but settling on the cars and path.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I see your about Yamkin. I was in SE12 for Sun/Mons event and was gobsmacked to hear of your snow depths and dare I say it a little sceptical, (doubting Thomas you see), UNTIL coming through SE20 and on into Croydon for work on Tues. and was astonished to see the amount of snow in Croydon town centre, deepest I've seen since starting work there in 1989. Bought the Croydon Advertiser today, it has an 8 page snow supplement special with some great photos of the area.

Are you towards the Shirley Hills, should imagine the snow depths there were 10 ins +.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
Tom, To be honest I doubt any information like that has been compliled-

Moderate snow here now- not the heaviest of the night- but certainly beginning to settle on the ground & now on the concrete & paths-

i think we are below freezing, the back edge which is probably some 2030 miles away continues to develop a sharp cut off, - with probably a sharp thermal gradient on the back edge-

I would guess maybe 0.5cm in the end here- but then freezing as skies clear behind it-

S

Wow that back edge streches out towards the East Coast of America Then :o Could be a long Night :D:D

Steve what are your thoughts on the Meto giving Essex Heavy Frequent Snow Showers for Tuesday ??

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Snow starting again in Anerley, after a brief lull.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

this is silly,, i've been watching radar the last 2/3 hours and this little band is skimming me by mm's and has been all night,, anyone interested post code co153,, and then explain why please ????

Posted
Wow that back edge streches out towards the East Coast of America Then :o Could be a long Night :D:D

Steve what are your thoughts on the Meto giving Essex Heavy Frequent Snow Showers for Tuesday ??

Paul S

I'm not fit to lace Steve's boots and their worth nothing but I can give you my thoughts :D

Posted
I'm not fit to lace Steve's boots and their worth nothing but I can give you my thoughts :D

Lol

This is a Family Forum - But my thoughts are prolly the same as yours with regards to Meto Forecasts

The saying Pinch of Salt comes to mind not that you could find any

Posted

Light snow falling here now at 1.2C, and the radar suggests a heavier burst could move up from the south later.

Paul S

Paul- Perhaps its on the back edge of the deep low pressure- Go lookie at the 18z, where the low swings in, then theres a window of around 12-18 hours of NE winds & PPN- on the back edge0

I am getting moderatly excited about next week- Sunday night- Maybe- Tuesday Maybe, then the Northleies- VERY cold overnight- then the POSSIBLE ECM evolution-

18z is irrelevant as track will go down to a nowcast, but im on holiday for a week so I am mobile that day-

heaviest snow of the day here now- up to 2mms & counting :D

S

Posted
Lol

This is a Family Forum - But my thoughts are prolly the same as yours with regards to Meto Forecasts

The saying Pinch of Salt comes to mind not that you could find any

Paul,

Just to let you know Excel is fine and a bit misty but no problems :o

You have no excuse NOT to get to work Monday :D

Regards

CV