Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
I don't think we are going to gert anything now . looks like precipitation dying . Met office warnings dropping currently only 2-5cm now for my part.

Oh well there you go . appaling met office performance from yesterdays warning of an extreme event less than 24 hrs ago down here.

Trouble is they're damed if the do and damed if they don't. I went to the Met Office last saturday for a tour and we met a guy called Robin who said to us that this week just gone would be almost impossible to forecast!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

no one responded to last post about netweather forecast moderate snow for my area all day tomorrow - ct18 . this seems very old as very mild out today. now i see reports of expected -5 tomorrow - could someone update me please because these seems very different to my look out the window perceptions...]

surely it cant drop 10 degrees in 24 hours?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Ah well - At least I have this to look forward to for next week for Essex and East Anglia

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Mostly dry on Sunday and Monday. Frequent snow showers on Tuesday. Continuing cold with hard overnight frosts.

Updated: 0629 on Fri 6 Feb 2009

Chances of that Happening..............Pfffft :D:shok:

How's it looking for our area Paul? as its been especially poor same as you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
So my boss just checked her e-mails from this morning and there was one from someone in Colchester saying that they couldn't come in today because it was snowing heavily there?!?

Are they having a chuckle??

'S far as I know there was no snow - Still isn't!

Was raining in Colchester from what people at my work say,

However heavy snow further north in Suffolk.

Posted

Really. Well with weather it can be hard to access performance without a regulator to check. Their warnings are so broad. They have been really bad in recent days and as someone else said perhaps we ignore other occasions as well when they make errors.

I think they have performed really badly. In fact so much so that I take little notice of what is being said on Met site and BBC and refer to here.

Also even more reason I am sure many would be willing to help fund this sites development still further with donations etc.

It just seems to have so many experts and that mix of experience and youthful energy of wanting to learn.

Well done netweather

Trouble is they're damed if the do and damed if they don't. I went to the Met Office last saturday for a tour and we met a guy called Robin who said to us that this week just gone would be almost impossible to forecast!!!!
Edited by Hammer

Posted
no one responded to last post about netweather forecast moderate snow for my area all day tomorrow - ct18 . this seems very old as very mild out today. now i see reports of expected -5 tomorrow - could someone update me please because these seems very different to my look out the window perceptions...]

surely it cant drop 10 degrees in 24 hours?

Hi

In terms of snowfall - not sure about that tomorrow, I'd favour cold and dry. However in terms of temperature, cold air is flooding down from the North at the moment and will be over the whole of the UK by tonight - so temeprature wise it will be much colder for you tomorrow. However I think the precipitation will have cleared by late tonight so chances of snowfall are slim.

Posted
I don't think we are going to gert anything now . looks like precipitation dying . Met office warnings dropping currently only 2-5cm now for my part.

Oh well there you go . appaling met office performance from yesterdays warning of an extreme event less than 24 hrs ago down here.

Temp 1.9 dp 0.7 Its getting there slowly,i know we run the risk south east of london of the ppn fizzling out but any thing sooner would be rain anyhows,i wonder if the small disturbance east of Scotland holds itself together whether it will come down the North sea? :shok:

Posted

London & South East England:

Hampshire

Isle of Wight

Portsmouth

Southampton

Surrey

W Sussex

Heavy Snow 1437 Fri 6 1900 Fri 6

Further heavy snow showers will affect parts of the south this afternoon with localised accumulations of 5 to 10 cm. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1438 Fri 6 Feb

New Warning coming In from the Meto - Just Issued, Looks quite good for areas SW Of London for this evening

Paul S

Posted
Really. Well with weather it can be hard to access performance without a regulator to check. Their warnings are so broad. They have been really bad in recent days and as someone else said perhaps we ignore other occasions as well when they make errors.

I think they have performed really badly. In fact so much so that I take little notice of what is being said on Met site and BBC and refer to here.

Also even more reason I am sure many would be willing to help fund this sites development still further with donations etc.

It just seems to have so many experts and that mix of experience and youthful energy of wanting to learn.

Well done netweather

Me too, this is the first site I look at everytime!!! Perfect balance.

Posted
Temp 1.9 dp 0.7 Its getting there slowly,i know we run the risk south east of london of the ppn fizzling out but any thing sooner would be rain anyhows,i wonder if the small disturbance east of Scotland holds itself together whether it will come down the North sea? :shok:

That would only get here by tomorrow morning if at all.

That stuff to the SW is what we should be looking at now. It might shift east along the south coast or move NE towards London

Posted
Interesting Developments in the last 2 hours for Central Southern England.

The Low has completely Stalled over the Channel Islands and has hardly made any progress Eastwards.

What this has done is to pep up the Precip in the Channel and this is throwing bands of Snow North-Westwards towards the Coast and Central Southern England. I would expect quite a covering in the next fews hours for Hants, maybe as far North now as Western Parts of Sussex and Surrey before the 5-6pm timeframe, One to look out for.

Paul S

Not bad from the Meto this time, Only 90 minutes after Netweather :shok::D:D

Posted
Snowing.. again... Dear dear.. When is it going off to the south east?!

Can you send it down to us first? It's been mostly sleet all day :rolleyes:

Posted
post-2220-1233932058_thumb.png Is this a polar low i spot on the East coast of Scotland?

There is something showing up on the radar I'm viewing too, especially when you run the 3 hour loop!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Hmmm very dark clouds comming into Eastbourne but with an apparent temp 8.2 and dew point at 5.5 ive got a feeling it might not be very snowy....