Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Interesting Developments in the last 2 hours for Central Southern England.

The Low has completely Stalled over the Channel Islands and has hardly made any progress Eastwards.

What this has done is to pep up the Precip in the Channel and this is throwing bands of Snow North-Westwards towards the Coast and Central Southern England. I would expect quite a covering in the next fews hours for Hants, maybe as far North now as Western Parts of Sussex and Surrey before the 5-6pm timeframe, One to look out for.

Paul S

Posted

Tomasz Schafernaker admitted on the BBC N24 forecast just on that they weren't sure how there was that much snow in the SW (right on top of the HQ).

Any remaining snow showers look like they will clear by 16.00 hrs according to Mr Schafernaker with a very cold Saturday day into an even colder Saturday night (-12 DgC some rural areas, -5 DgC in London!). A mention of snow for Monday but only the North really cited at this point.

Posted

The Low has completely Stalled over the Channel Islands and has hardly made any progress Eastwards.

This winters teasing us isn't it? :D

ASII_20090206_1245.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

As for the SE Prospects, I wouldnt give up yet- the picotal point is now occuring - & eyes should aim out towards the Oxford region to see whats developing-

Its pepped up the last half hour- so all is not said & done just yet-

S

I have officially given up now for snow, not that i want to but

i now declare north east essex, especially Clacton the most snowless capital of the uk, :doh::D:D

Posted

BBC and Met have to be dissapointed with their performance. Its as if they are not even looking at live data.

Also this weather every half and hour on N24 is good, but I feel like they would have in the 80's they should have had a weather alert last night on regional TV for the worst affected areas.

Tomasz Schafernaker admitted on the BBC N24 forecast just on that they weren't sure how there was that much snow in the SW (right on top of the HQ).

Any remaining snow showers look like they will clear by 16.00 hrs according to Mr Schafernaker with a very cold Saturday day into an even colder Saturday night (-12 DgC some rural areas, -5 DgC in London!). A mention of snow for Monday but only the North really cited at this point.

Paul,

Does this have any significance on future lows timing and route. I mean if this is stalling etc etc.?

What this has done is to pep up the Precip in the Channel and this is throwing bands of Snow North-Westwards towards the Coast and Central Southern England. I would expect quite a covering in the next fews hours for Hants, maybe as far North now as Western Parts of Sussex and Surrey before the 5-6pm timeframe, One to look out for.

Paul S

Posted

clouded over here in ashford kent, here coms the rain!!!!

Posted

we might not be holding the record for snow but after having a quick look on the xcweather map, we do seem to hold the record in the country today for temperature...it has reached the dizzy hieghts of 9c (unless someone knows differently) :)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
temp is dropping pretty rapidly here - dropped from 7.2C to 4.7C in the last 90 mins.

You stand a better chance than further east of perhaps seeing some snow before it dies out towards evening. :)

A no show almost certain for many parts of east Sussex and Kent.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Paul S

Exactly what the models were suggesting as I mentioned earlier, stronger pluses developing in CS England and this slowly heads eastwards after stalling has finished, probably M4 southwards would be the main zone that will get the heavier precip, will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of hours.

Also I agree, only been a slight drift recently looking at Net-weather radar.

NCS, models suggest the region of heavier precip will make it to Kent, granted prehaps not till the later eveing hours at this rate!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
I have officially given up now for snow, not that i want to but

i now declare north east essex, especially Clacton the most snowless capital of the uk, :):):cray:

Add that to snowless mid and east kent....... always in warning zone always sleety rain...... damp squib i tells ya

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Is it still snowing in Peterborough?. Here in St Ives the snow stopped ages ago - waiting for the main band to return South.

Posted
You stand a better chance than further east of perhaps seeing some snow before it dies out towards evening. :)

I've got everything crossed here - but I'm sure we'll just end up with rain ! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Snowing quite heavily here in Cheam. I should be pleased and I never thought I would hear myself say this but I've actually had enough of the stuff now ! If i was at home and didn't have to go out I would be OK but I am dreading driving back from work, the side roads are still pretty trecherous here....

Posted

Not Too sure about that Hammer TBH. It is an ever changing scenario at the moment, just keep watching the radar is the best thing to do as a forecast made could be out of sync within the next hour at the moment, It is that Chaotic.

The Low was supposed to be past the Greenwich Meridian pretty soon but for it to have Stalled over Jersey/Guernsey this could have a knock on effect later on down the line, as Kold says how will the precip now react as the Low does get a move on in the Channel later this evening. Anyones Guess at the moment.

Paul S

Posted

Now have lightish sleety snow here in Weybridge and very dark clouds. Perhaps an interesting afternoon to come?

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

After a few hours of light snow flurries, we now have some big fat flakes cascading down.

BBC forecasting -2C to -5C in Urban areas tonight and -7C to -10C in rural areas. Then went on to say 'COLDER' tomorrow night :)

(Very little thawing this weekend then).

Seasons

Posted

I am wondering if any of that precipitation up further north and in north sea will get pulled back in across East Anglia as the low eventually moves off?

Posted
I am wondering if any of that precipitation up further north and in north sea will get pulled back in across East Anglia as the low eventually moves off?

Dont hold your breath :)

Am also looking forward to the Slow thaw of the Frost we recieve tonight over the weekend :):cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Dont hold your breath :doh:

Am also looking forward to the Slow thaw of the Frost we recieve tonight over the weekend :):cray:

:)

You'll get some snow this evening mate.

Moderate snowfall now.............. :doh:

Seasons

Posted

I'm sorry but I'm so new at this and rubbish at reading the charts and radar! (I will get better I promise and ask less questions!!)

Is this heading my way now or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks

Anita

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Haverhill has large flakes and here at Radwinter just down the road we are on the third or fourth hour of snizzel! Sewards End just up the road has loads and Saffron Walden a mile further on, just snizzel again!

Edited by rodthrutheblock

Posted
i'm at work in london - wife has called me from Basingstoke.

THUNDERSNOW!

That's just the sound of thousands of jaws dropping at precip' falling! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Thought I had Thundersnow this morning. Snow and a loud deep rumbling. It was the bin men pulling wheelie bins up the road :D

Edited by rodthrutheblock