Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hi Left Guildford at 2;20 in a blizzard the |Hogs Back particulary bad high exposed location and now in Camberley it is still snowing and sticking on top of all the old stuff. Am flying to Spain tomorrow have had enough of the snow after 5 days (never thought I would say that must be getting old)

the rest of you enjoy whats coming next week

karencole :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Woke up today around 6A.M. from a really loud bang of thunder. I'm still not sure whether this was part of a dream or there really was a snow thunderstorm over here?

Snowing quite nicely over here in Egham at the moment, although seems to melt into this slushy stuff as it lands.

Posted
Yeah still coming back this eveing, I suspect there will be snow falling throughout much of the period of my journey as the front clears away towards the E over the next 12hrs...Sunday looks very marginal here as well but all depends on precip. I mean I've got snow with 850hpa temps of -1C and dew points probably above freezing, granted its not settling at all and it is at times very mixed.

KW you've moved. I'm sure you were down on the sea east coast at some point. :doh:

Posted

Heavy snow in Staines now. Settling on a soaking this morning and last night quite impressive really. Temp has dropped to 1.4C for a dizzy height of 2.1C about an hour ago. How long is this likely to last?

Posted
snow in Egham, south london, stanmore - is Central London in a snowdome again? ! :doh:

Definitely not... I'm in Waterloo and on the 8th floor with all glass walls... can't see a snow flake anywhere!!! It's around 2 degrees though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I do wonder sometimes

The local forcaster on BBC oxford yesterday was talking about max of 7c for oxfordshire. A top temp of 1.5c was of the order

Her notes were way out of date and I said so when i was on air !!

We seem to put up and shut up about so many things in the UK, so much slap dash and selfishness around , 7c :doh: , it was never going to be that hight today, and Oxfordshire was one of the worse hit areas in the end! ahhhh well.

Still dull and damp here, hoping for just a flake or 2 before its all over, be nice to see it all go white again just for a while. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

It's been snowing here for well over two hours and the roads are becoming

pretty bad again...just in time for rush hour on a Friday. Ia this stuff coming

up from the south KW? If so it looks likely to stay with us for awhile.

Andy

Posted
Woke up today around 6A.M. from a really loud bang of thunder. I'm still not sure whether this was part of a dream or there really was a snow thunderstorm over here?

Snowing quite nicely over here in Egham at the moment, although seems to melt into this slushy stuff as it lands.

Mum lives in Englefield Green and she was woken by it too. She was equally confused.

As for here, car is now covered by just under an inch I'd say. Snow has slightly lessened, but still going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

WAAAHOOOO, its started raining yaaaay. sorry does that sound sarcy?

Posted

Does anyone have any thoughts for Monday? Could the SE see some more snow?

Been very odd here today, snizzle, snow mixed in with heavy sleet and of course lots and lots of rain. Very slushy outside and not very nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Where is that snow in Surrey coming from? Bring it on here! Nothing but the same old drizzle looking out of the Gherkin. I hope my journey back to Herts is eventful because of snow,,,,but somehow I doubt it will be. Not unless the BBC declare there to be no threat of snow for North London!

Posted
For all the Guys on the East Coasts of Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, Becuase we have Missed out to this Mini felinecat (Not Beast) Thought I would show a Chart that would bury us under so much Snow, well we would not know what to do with it

post-24-1233934244_thumb.png - Ahh True Beast from the East - Memories

Paul S

Now that was the real deal...the good old days. Happy Days. :D

Posted

hey everyone, goods to see some of you have got a dumping and snow is still falling, here in basildon, essex, it been raining all day nothing exciting current temp 3.2c :D

Posted

1.4C here in Tunbridge Wells now. Light snow has started, just enough to give my lawn a whiteish tinge.

Radar shows more precipitation on its way from the channel. Who knows - this could have a happy ending after all!

MM

1.4C here in Tunbridge Wells now. Light snow has started, just enough to give my lawn a whiteish tinge.

Radar shows more precipitation on its way from the channel. Who knows - this could have a happy ending after all!

MM

Things are beginning ot look slightly more interesting- bigger areas of PPN developing- one such looking like its somewhere down towards Crawley-

An interesting few hours-

GFS12z still has PPN in the SE at 18 hours ( 06z Sat)

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Yes, the problem with this cold spell is that it just isn't that cold. Comparisons with Feb 91 may be relevant in terms of snow but certainly not regards depth of cold where below freezing temps were present during the day. It's just too marginal here and the synoptics are just all wrong with the precipitation being fed from the south west and us bizarrely being nearer the warmer air. To be honest I wish this would all just clear off now and a different pattern emerge. Take today, heavy wet snow this morning with temps dropping to 0.7 gave a covering on the grass. Now it's 2C and all gone again.

Proably -10c somehwere in the midlands tonight and -12c on saturday

We havent had the cold because its been snowing

Now the skies clear wait and see

ps had about a foot of snow here as well makes 91 look like a picnic :D

Posted

You know what the Ironic thing would be for the rest of today.

The Precip will probably extend up towards the London area and the Northern Extent will stay South of the Thames meaning SE Essex Misses out Again :D:):)

I agree with Steve with the Low still stuck just due East of the Channel Islands and Not buggering off anywhere quickly, this could be Interesting for areas South, South West and South East of London tonight and into the early hours.

Good Luck Guys and put some pics up for everyone who lives on the Costa Del Sludge :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
In Dorking, Surrey, been under the PPN for over 1/2 hour according to the radar, but noting has fallen from the sky :D

whats going on

It's all falling on us over Farnham/Aldershot way...