Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Things are beginning ot look slightly more interesting- bigger areas of PPN developing- one such looking like its somewhere down towards Crawley-

An interesting few hours-

GFS12z still has PPN in the SE at 18 hours ( 06z Sat)

S

A colleague who left work early today has just phoned me to say that Biggin Hill has heavy snow which has settled and the roads are treacherous. Just been confirmed by my daughter. All pavements and road. covered l

Posted

The cut off line appears to run through Crawley all the way through the middle of London through to the Kent Essex border and may be moving East (hang on in there Mr Sherman!)

LOC_20090206_1500.png

I'm not seeing anything 15 ish miles to the South of Tunbridge Wells and Crawley

Posted

Snowing again here.

After this mornings (rush hour) snow we have had almost continuous cold sleety rainy stuff with a few snowy patches here and there. Now it seems to be falling as snow again...just in time for the evening traffic....!!

Mispy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

i bet that big band of precip will keep moving north east but stay just south of here.

Posted

If that low and PPN were a little futher north, would be very interesting indeed. Looks like perhaps some of the heavy stuff is remaining out in the channel.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Temp has finally dropped very noticeably in the last hour and the wind has now switched to a northerly vector. Visibility to the north is very blurred. probably mist but I have been hoping it is a wall of snow coming towards to me :rolleyes:

Posted

We are getting a snow/sleet mix here in Swanlry but turning more to snow as time goes on, and lots more on its way it would seem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I can assure you that the computing (brain) power of the combined amateur forecasters on NetWeather far exceeds whatever they've got stuck down there in Exeter. And we are massively parallel ...

Well one thing is for sure, at the very least we do at least look out of the window, at the old lamp posts! :D

Last night the blizzards WERE in EXETER and they were oblivious to it all, I wonder if the senior forecaster got stuck in that foot of snow on the A38 last night on his way into work? :rolleyes:

:( Still damp and snizzle here, none of the white stuff seen and my snowcover from monday almost gone now. Should I just give up I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Been snowing in Biggin Hill for about 40 minutes, fairly moderately - popped into Waitrose when it was sleety and came out to a covering :rolleyes: Just hoping that OH can get home tonight as on Monday no one could get up the hill!

SEnding snow vibes to those who want them.

Sarah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Good to see you back in the room Mr Murr :rolleyes:

The precip is definately moving up from the SW towards the SE now and actually intensifying somewhat to the NW as well.

Perhaps you could tell me Steve where exactly the low pressure is sitting right now my guess would be just to the west of the precip?

Is its track meant to be into N France or is is set to cross the extreme SE tip?

It could definately be an interesting evening here. Temp has dropped by 0.6 to 2c in just 50 mins.

James

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
i bet that big band of precip will keep moving north east but stay just south of here.

There's one band that won't move north of where it's predicted to go....unlike every band that was predicted to go right over us during the last few days!

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
If that low and PPN were a little futher north, would be very interesting indeed. Looks like perhaps some of the heavy stuff is remaining out in the channel.

Well its been snowing here in North Herts all afternoon, but its so light that it will take at least five years for 1cm to accumulate! :D

Anyway can't complain as we have had six decent snowfalls (three inches upwards) since the first snowfall in October. :rolleyes:

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

Things are beginning ot look slightly more interesting- bigger areas of PPN developing- one such looking like its somewhere down towards Crawley-

An interesting few hours-

GFS12z still has PPN in the SE at 18 hours ( 06z Sat)

S

Yes I've had reports from work colleagues saying that along the A23 near Haywards heath it's chucking it down! :D

I think it's rain here though? (Can't get to a window to check!) :rolleyes:

Posted

Was in Guildford, higher parts of the town did well out of a wet blizzard today, couple of inches on the downs

came back home to nothing, though the saving grace was that what lying snow was quite resilient today

but where has the precip gone south of guildford? seems to be all around but here...

Good to see you back in the room Mr Murr :rolleyes:

The precip is definately moving up from the SW towards the SE now and actually intensifying somewhat to the NW as well.

Perhaps you could tell me Steve where exactly the low pressure is sitting right now my guess would be just to the west of the precip?

Is its track meant to be into N France or is is set to cross the extreme SE tip?

It could definately be an interesting evening here. Temp has dropped by 0.6 to 2c in just 50 mins.

James

Post 327 shows a good image of the Synoptic psttern, the low pressure will keep moving ESE away from the UK- that occlusion will not get much frather north, before stopping & it all drifts away SE-

there a good line of convergence along the occlusion which is the hope for people in the SE tonight-

Road runner- very difficult to say how far North this lot gets- keep an eye on the radar- I suspect maybe not much further now...

S

S

Posted

sleet here at the mo, ground completely saturated from snow melt, so if it does turn to snow I dont think it will settle

Posted

Hi Chaps

Made it all the way home to Jarnac, final leg tomorrow to Bordeaux, and apart from rain in Dover harbour at 6:00am I've not seen a drop of rain, sleet or snow all day. Infact its 10 degrees here

I hope you guys get some snow tonight.... but hopefully clear of Stansted by monday so i can come back..

Cheers

Darren

Posted
Yes I've had reports from work colleagues saying that along the A23 near Haywards heath it's chucking it down! :D

Looks like the Coast snow-shield is working overtime here in Burgess Hill then - 5 miles away???? :rolleyes:

Posted
norwich needs some snow! we have been deprived thus far, any chance of something today/tonight

sleety snow here on the south downs on west sussex temp about 0.2 at the monent loads of water laying if it snows heavy now and freezes things are going to be hazardous here!