Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Where is here???????

Over there, though not far from here, although some might say where :rolleyes:

You may be in for some snowfall soon Steve, a good time for a fall too just as dusk approaches with dropping temperature's.

Light snow here-

Seasons

Posted

For all the Guys on the East Coasts of Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, Becuase we have Missed out to this Mini Pussycat (Not Beast) Thought I would show a Chart that would bury us under so much Snow, well we would not know what to do with it

post-24-1233934244_thumb.png - Ahh True Beast from the East - Memories

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

any chance that big area of precip off the south coast is going to move north east across us? latest radar images suggest its slowly moving north east.

Posted
For all the Guys on the East Coasts of Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, Becuase we have Missed out to this Mini felinecat (Not Beast) Thought I would show a Chart that would bury us under so much Snow, well we would not know what to do with it

Paul S

Can i order one for next weekend, delivery after dinner on saturday if you can narrow it down that far!

Cheers.

Posted
Heavy snow just starting to fall in chichester interestingly enough, front just far enough north to give some snowfall here, still if its cold enough here near the coast for snow, should be snow elsewhere!

You still coming back to Essex Today Darren, Because if you are looking for Snow Forget It :rolleyes: <_< Most of the Snow in Thurrock has gone as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
d020.gif

I can see the temp display drop most winters morning that I travel the 30 odd miles North into work at Burgess Hill, sometimes by as much a 7 or 8 DgC!

Yeah when im at work and not signed off sick for weeks on end, i notice huge differences, especially when im loading up at tonbridge. can be mild here and thick frost there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I have to admit that when I saw one of the computer rooms there and the size of computers in there I did wonder about the accuracy!!! But they are used for running models on and not for forecasting, that seems to be done by the senior forecaster on duty that day with the help from data from around the globe and locally.............I wonder if they secretly check Netweather :rolleyes:

I think that might be the problem, they DONT check Netweather, or look out of the window! <_<

Arrogance for you!

Posted

Yeah still coming back this eveing, I suspect there will be snow falling throughout much of the period of my journey as the front clears away towards the E over the next 12hrs...Sunday looks very marginal here as well but all depends on precip. I mean I've got snow with 850hpa temps of -1C and dew points probably above freezing, granted its not settling at all and it is at times very mixed.

Posted

Very grey in Mid Sussex, I think any precip will climb across the top of us through Surrey and NW London

Edited by Coast

Posted
I think that might be the problem, they DONT check Netweather, or look out of the window! :rolleyes:

Arrogance for you!

I can assure you that the computing (brain) power of the combined amateur forecasters on NetWeather far exceeds whatever they've got stuck down there in Exeter. And we are massively parallel ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

I'm not sure what it's like up there Kold, but it's a bit slip, slap slop here............ :doh:

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Temperature and dewpoint are still continuing to drop at quite a fast rate here in Brighton.. and what with reports of snow in Chichester....

Temp 3.0 Dewpoint 1.8

I won't hold my breath though :doh:

Posted
Very grey in Mid Sussex

Nothing's changed since I moved away 18 years ago then? :doh:

Still snowing and snizzling here in St A.....

Edited by Roo

Posted

It's snowing and sleeting here at the moment, started about 10 min ago. Beginning to see bigger flakes now!

Posted
For all the Guys on the East Coasts of Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, Becuase we have Missed out to this Mini felinecat (Not Beast) Thought I would show a Chart that would bury us under so much Snow, well we would not know what to do with it

Paul S

Yeah, thanks for that you little tyke. Through the tears of delight I could slowly make out the date.......

Posted

Paul S

Yes, the problem with this cold spell is that it just isn't that cold. Comparisons with Feb 91 may be relevant in terms of snow but certainly not regards depth of cold where below freezing temps were present during the day. It's just too marginal here and the synoptics are just all wrong with the precipitation being fed from the south west and us bizarrely being nearer the warmer air. To be honest I wish this would all just clear off now and a different pattern emerge. Take today, heavy wet snow this morning with temps dropping to 0.7 gave a covering on the grass. Now it's 2C and all gone again.

Posted
That's weird it used to be in my Avatar info - Basingstoke - here you go.

Very nice. Very jealous of all that snow - especially as it is in my home town and we have nothing here :doh::)