Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Snow quite heavy again here now... has been snowing all morning, but got a bit lighter at one point... I guess we've had at least a foot now....

Had to send son out to get some provisions.....

:D

Posted
TEITS

as its snowing in peterborough still, how long do reckon myself in NW Norfolk is going to see the snow continue?? im at work and havent had the chance to see the forecast or models.

is this feature currently giving me snow in my location going to stay for a while longer?? and what direction is it heading??

and the BIG question.........is it likely to continue as snow or revert back to sleet/rain??

i would appreciate any sort of reply

The general pattern im expecting this afternoon for our region is becoming dry and remaining cloudy. The band of precip is definately weakning although im unsure whether this will reintensify as it moves back S/SE. We should see clear skies from early evening onwards and those with deep snowcover will see their temps drops significantly. I reckon someone in our region will be below -10C either tonight or especially tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
LOL

You could not make this Up, New warnings out for London and the South East...............Including KENT! :):D

Heavy Snow Mon 9 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England on Monday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5cm of accumulating snow in places, locally 10 cm.

Issued at: 1200 Fri 6 Feb

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight , dandruff falling it is then :D:):doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

My missus reports that the brief spell of snow we had this morning, nice and heavy though it was, has remained all we've had in terms of snow. Took my daughter to school this morning and it was drizzling (rain) by the time we got there. we saw a kid coming back from the senior school just down the road from hers who said it had been closed. Ridiculous considering the circumstances.

seems like we've been too far south and east...not for the first time.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
Snow quite heavy again here now... has been snowing all morning, but got a bit lighter at one point... I guess we've had at least a foot now....

Had to send son out to get some provisions.....

:)

Is here to now, getting heavier all the while. Nice big 20p sized flakes hammering down at the minute :D

Posted

Here is the article in todays Telegraph

From the Telegraph

Supercomputer output from the main European weather modelling systems now suggests that next week could be cold or very cold with further snow even in the far south following snowfall today and over the weekend. Beyond next week, the pool of stagnant but cold air over Britain that has kept Atlantic weather systems to our south could be replaced by even colder air from the north east.

Linky Below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/...the-winter.html

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
here on the coast we have a temperature of 8c, a dewpoint of +6 and winds from the SOUTH !! Ithink I can rule out any snow :)

There is going to be a big switch in wind direction to the north in the next few hours, so whilst I'm certainly not holding my breath about any snow being left by the time it gets here, at least we don't have to suffer this awful mild gunk for too much longer. Small consolation I suppose :D . We have really drawn the short straw on this one

Posted

From the Telegraph

Supercomputer output from the main European weather modelling systems now suggests that next week could be cold or very cold with further snow even in the far south following snowfall today and over the weekend. Beyond next week, the pool of stagnant but cold air over Britain that has kept Atlantic weather systems to our south could be replaced by even colder air from the north east.

Linky Below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/...the-winter.html

Well if thats comes off it will take about 6 months to melt the amount of snow we've got. :D

Posted

We've currently got Ice Rain here, looks quite fierce actually! Never seen anything like it!

It's just 0.3c.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

From the Telegraph

Linky Below

Bearing in mind any newspaper report is going to be at least 12 hours old (and as the BBC will tell you... that's a really long time in weatherforecasting! ) and also that they would conveniently ignore mention of any report they had which showed the opposite as that wouldn't be so "newsworthy".....still I'm hoping it's right!

Posted
Bearing in mind any newspaper report is going to be at least 12 hours old (and as the BBC will tell you... that's a really long time in weatherforecasting! ) and also that they would conveniently ignore mention of any report they had which showed the opposite as that wouldn't be so "newsworthy".....still I'm hoping it's right!

It's off the website Timmytour - was updated at 9am this morning, only 4 hours ago!

2 things to comment on-

the long range out put from ECM_ Pretty much hinges on the Retrograde High from the Azores getting all the way to Iceland with a push West from the Near continent-

The GFS disagrees & looks based on the 'Usual UK pattern of late'- that is more than likely right-

Thats not to say that this Winter can buck the Trend- ( as this WAS the sort of occurance that started off Winter 47)although it went towards Scandi rather than iceland-

As for the SE Prospects, I wouldnt give up yet- the picotal point is now occuring - & eyes should aim out towards the Oxford region to see whats developing-

Its pepped up the last half hour- so all is not said & done just yet-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
There is going to be a big switch in wind direction to the north in the next few hours, so whilst I'm certainly not holding my breath about any snow being left by the time it gets here, at least we don't have to suffer this awful mild gunk for too much longer. Small consolation I suppose :D . We have really drawn the short straw on this one

Still snowing here with 3/4 inches left on the ground (had about 10 inches last 48hrs)

Its around 1.0c so we do have a slow thaw and very wet snow but its is still everywhere roof cars roads etc (was 1.6c a while back)

I assume the snow is hanging around longer then forecast

Never ,I think seen, so much snow in a week and that includes 79, 82,86, 87 etc

Its interesting the earlier sleet turn to proper snow and how locations just 100 miles apart are so different at least this time I feel im in the right place :D

Saw a women take her two kids to the local post office on a sleigh how sweet !

2 things to comment on-

the long range out put from ECM_ Pretty much hinges on the Retrograde High from the Azores getting all the way to Iceland with a push West from the Near continent-

The GFS disagrees & looks based on the 'Usual UK pattern of late'- that is more than likely right-

Thats not to say that this Winter can buck the Trend- ( as this WAS the sort of occurance that started off Winter 47)although it went towards Scandi rather than iceland-

As for the SE Prospects, I wouldnt give up yet- the picotal point is now occuring - & eyes should aim out towards the Oxford region to see whats developing-

S

Certainly hasn't pepped up here in Aylesbury, snows completely stopped now. First time in hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi guys

netweather have snow moderate all day tomorrow for my location ct18 8hh

surely this is not happening? - it is 6 - 8 degrees outside!

Certainly hasn't pepped up here in Aylesbury, snows completely stopped now. First time in hours.

Then you arent in the band thats pepped up !! :D

Im using the NW radar- everything has stalled out to the NW- the best place to be would be just on ( & IN) the southern side of that PPN belt-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

The sleetness has gone back to snow (light) here in oxfordshire, wish someone could post a diagram with arrows re see whats happening

Temps going all over the place from 1.5c to 0.8c and back in minutes

Posted

Steve, looks interesting for the southern counties as there is a pluse of heavier precip that will eventually start to work its way eastwards. The 06z progged this very well indeed and suggests it won't really weaken till this eveing, this will soon be the best place to look for snow.

Whole thing pivoting right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Morning all,

Glad i did not stay up all night woke up and yes bitterley sisapointed the met office and the bbc really made a big cock up on this one and in my view have made me feel not to trust these people at all. Well done paul s You did say dont get your hopes up. I just have lost all faith tbh we were lucky last sunday. But thats 2 events where its gone pear shaped i have a feeling it could be the last. :)

Yes they have all been very bad, you forgot Sky and ITV news, anyone can look out of the Window and put up a severe Weather warning, or watch the latest news reports that 200 motorists are blocked 150 miles further West than expected and then think, I know what, lets put a weather warning up for that area.

And what was this mornings severe Weather warning for heavy snow in London for 7.30- 3pm today, even a todler could see that it was not going to happen. :D:D:doh::doh::doh:

The Met Office have reminded me of my training manager at work, he regularly feeds us misinformation and makes some major balls ups, and does major back tracks and covering his track perfectly. Confont him with hes mistakes and we will throw a loopy!!Hes just like in Orwells 1984, double talk is it called? And we are blamed for the mistakes that have been made...........big brother is watching us! :D B)

Just a simple apology I think would surfice. :)

Now in view of all this, ignore todays forecasts, I'm running with the GFS, they have been spot on!

Therefore, periods of sleet and snow WILL effect areas SE of London this evening and tonight, pepping up again for a while giving a covering of snow for many. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Steve, looks interesting for the southern counties as there is a pluse of heavier precip that will eventually start to work its way eastwards. The 06z progged this very well indeed and suggests it won't really weaken till this eveing, this will soon be the best place to look for snow.

Whole thing pivoting right now.

BBC1 has just said that Northants has been especially unlucky to have had huge snowfalls twice this week.

Are we in East Anglia feeling sorry for them?

Posted
BBC1 has just said that Northants has been especially unlucky to have had huge snowfalls twice this week.

Are we in East Anglia feeling sorry for them?

I'd be happy for us to share it with 'em!