Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club' 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

If that situation comes off, I'm going to plump for even higher than that. I'd say the SE quarter of the UK (London in particular) will see temperatures up to 27-28C. It will be June after all :D ....well, that would be nice anyway.

That particular scenario (which will change no doubt) has air flowing straight out of Africa - we are talking some v warm air!!

Posted

A few more downpours yesterday, and only 1 rumble of thunder heard

so im still a member of the 'no storms club' for a while yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
A few more downpours yesterday, and only 1 rumble of thunder heard

so im still a member of the 'no storms club' for a while yet.

Aww,it's just not happening for you either TRL! :lol: did you used to have storms in May? Lincoln is meant to be the storm capitol of England too!

Posted
Aww,it's just not happening for you either TRL! :lol: did you used to have storms in May? Lincoln is meant to be the storm capitol of England too!

I don't mind as ive had plenty of storms in the previous 4 or 5 years :lol: Ive enjoyed the downpours

of the last week,although places close by have seen storms. yes may has been good for storms

in recent years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
it looks brilliant next week, im expecting SE to exceed the 25c mark for at least 3 consecutive days which is brilliant!
If that situation comes off, I'm going to plump for even higher than that. I'd say the SE quarter of the UK (London in particular) will see temperatures up to 27-28C. It will be June after all :D ....well, that would be nice anyway.

That particular scenario (which will change no doubt) has air flowing straight out of Africa - we are talking some v warm air!!

Optimistic. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Optimistic :lol:

From that particular scenario I think 27C was quite plausible, and not unexpected for June. This was verified by I think Darren Bett?, who had a punt on a long range forecast and suggested a similar figure...........

HOWEVER....the forecast seems to have changed a fair bit since then, and judging by other forecasts I've seen, 17C would be a closer bet, lol! :D

Edited by Harry

Posted
From that particular scenario I think 27C was quite plausible, and not unexpected for June. This was verified by I think Darren Bett?, who had a punt on a long range forecast and suggested a similar figure...........

HOWEVER....the forecast seems to have changed a fair bit since then, and judging by other forecasts I've seen, 17C would be a closer bet, lol! :D

Yeah Darren Bett mentioned 28C by next weekend on his forecast last night - we shall see :lol:

Posted

Hey all ! tommorow may be the big day LOL... Will we or won't we? Time will tell tommorow. :lol:

Posted
Hey all ! tommorow may be the big day LOL... Will we or won't we? Time will tell tommorow. :lol:

No doubt more downpours without thunder :lol:

Posted

The story of my week, TRL. Rain, rain and yet more rain but no thunder.

Still, who knows what tomorrow may bring as Jane Louise rightly says. Otherwise, I'm going to catch me a few rays of the Sun. Bank Holiday weekend so, as you do. :lol:

Is it Bank Holiday, tradition being that it's supposed to rain isn't it? :lol:

Phil.

Posted

Ive got a good feeling about tomorrow phil :lol: BRING ON THE STORMS :rofl:

Posted
Ive got a good feeling about tomorrow phil B) BRING ON THE STORMS :lol:

Hiya TRL , I have a feeling that you willl be more luckier than me as some people are saying the SW will probably only get heavy rain :( It will be a day of following the radars and to see what happens! I am excited and I also find it fun watching who gets them. Best of luck for you tommorow. :) I know I will probably remain in the No Storms club. :D

Still, who knows what tomorrow may bring as Jane Louise rightly says. Otherwise, I'm going to catch me a few rays of the Sun. Bank Holiday weekend so, as you do. B)

Is it Bank Holiday, tradition being that it's supposed to rain isn't it? :D

Phil.

Good luck Phil! enjoy the sun at least lol.

Posted
Hiya TRL , I have a feeling that you willl be more luckier than me as some people are saying the SW will probably only get heavy rain B) It will be a day of following the radars and to see what happens! I am excited and I also find it fun watching who gets them. Best of luck for you tommorow. B) I know I will probably remain in the No Storms club. :D

I'll be watching the radar closely tomorrow, and hopefully we will get lucky.

im not getting my hopes up though :D I want to leave this club sooner

rather than later though :lol:

Posted

Jane, if you don't see at least one storm between now and October then you will be very unlucky.

And if you do, then hand this thread baton to, erm... Shuggee. :lol:

And that Sun was lovely. Only chance I've had to relax after getting w + anchored on beer last night at a friends 18th birthday. Now wait with anticipation to remove myself from this no storms club tomorrow. :D

Phil. (If I do and all goes wrong, can I renew my membership again?)

Posted

Hmm, nothing happening at all, and it's unlikely that anything will happen later either :)

Posted
Jane, if you don't see at least one storm between now and October then you will be very unlucky.

And if you do, then hand this thread baton to, erm... Shuggee. :)

And that Sun was lovely. Only chance I've had to relax after getting w + anchored on beer last night at a friends 18th birthday. Now wait with anticipation to remove myself from this no storms club tomorrow. :)

Phil. (If I do and all goes wrong, can I renew my membership again?)

I most definitely am unlucky Phil ! :)

Not even a spot of rain today.

Guess I'm going to be in my No storms club for a very very long time. :)

Pass the tissues please :)

Hmm, nothing happening at all, and it's unlikely that anything will happen later either :)

:) Tis not fair lol

Posted
I most definitely am unlucky Phil ! :)

Not even a spot of rain today.

Guess I'm going to be in my No storms club for a very very long time. :)

Pass the tissues please :)

STILL nothing, your right TIS NOT FAIR this is gettin a bit rediculous now, most people are on their 4th or fifth storms of the season maybe more in some places, grumbles lol

Posted

Full dull here in Darlington since 16.30ish after wall-2-wall sunshine, drizzle now and then. One flash of CG spotted here since 2007 LOL! :) Theres always June and July isn't there?

Mark H the noobie :)

Posted

No it's not as it's raining here :) it's been quite heavy for about an hour,which was unexpected.

Im sure you'll leave this club before me :)

Posted

The current sferics animation here looks like the opening sequence of 'Dads Army' :)

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

I bet a squillion pounds we dont see a storm in Darlington tonight. Not raining here unlike Scunny then! Jusy very grey and overcast. Even 'Britains Got Talent' seems more interesting

Mark H

Posted

Hi well suprisingly no storms in bristol today after a complete and utter rubish forecast they got it completly wrong today with storms for SE only which doesn't surprise me.

Last time i had a severe storm was may 9th 2008 where i had a powercut for several hours and constant lightening and thunder.

Posted
Not raining here unlike Scunny then!

Mark H

It's just boring drizzle here now mate :lol:

Posted

At the moment I would just be grateful for some rain due to it being so muggy outside :lol: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I've heard someone mention about storms maybe next weekend! but I am beginning to give up now. :lol:

Posted

Cheer up, Jane Louise and others who didn't see any storms yesterday. (Such as myself!)

They were just a little too far east this time. Why is it that snow and storms are soooooooooo unpredictable? :doh:

Oh well, maybe next time, whenever that'll be. Just means that my membership to this club has been extended for a little while longer. :lol:

Phil.

Posted
Cheer up, Jane Louise and others who didn't see any storms yesterday. (Such as myself!)

They were just a little too far east this time. Why is it that snow and storms are soooooooooo unpredictable? :rolleyes:

Oh well, maybe next time, whenever that'll be. Just means that my membership to this club has been extended for a little while longer. :)

Phil.

I was rather sad Phil,but I'm okay now lol. We still have the rest of the summer to go :) Ithink it's great fun following the radars and just hoping,hoping that a storm pops my way lol and then if it dosen't ,I think Oh well! :D

(although I'm gutted really lol )

It can be exhausting sometimes , really early mornings and very late nights,but it's well worth it espicially if a storm does occur.

I too shall be remaining in here for a long time yet, due to the lack of storms so far ( sob)