Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted
Final update from me tonight, the chase team are heading to a severe storm just south of their location, follow them here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaselive;sess=

And don't forget the storm chase continues right until the end of the week with more severe weather likely...

No stream? must be bad coverage :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the stuff moving up in the SW as it hits the stuff coming in from the west.

The latest IR shows some stuff building in land.

I think ill watch 8 out of 10 cats and then see what happens.

Posted
Damn. I need a bath but daren't run one in case I miss a distant rumble of thunder.

:lol:

i could not stand next to a boiling kettle earlier

Posted

I have to say, what a disspointing day :lol: .....im just going to wait and hopefully this summer we'll get some real hot weather which sparks off, extremely intense lightning displays and rumbles of thunder like you wouldn't believe.....don't worry im only dreaming

Night all!

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Can some kind NW extra person please tap in my postcode NN2 and report back? Rainfall rates must be fairly impressive as it seems torrential out there now.

Yup, falling at a rate of about 16mm an hour.

Posted
Can some kind NW extra person please tap in my postcode NN2 and report back? Rainfall rates must be fairly impressive as it seems torrential out there now.

there ya go mate

post-2644-1243291974_thumb.png

Posted
agreed......just the odd chance of an embedded cell in the cold front (currently straddling wales & western england) as it pushes eastwards..There might be just enough lift to trigger a storm in the unstable air over southern/south eastern parts of the country

Exactly. I'm off to bed - to the sound of gentle rain plopping from the sky, and nowt else :lol:

Posted

The lightning is still going to the South East of me, but also I've now seen a few flashes to my South too - can't hear any thunder now so I really can't tell if its intensifying.

Posted
If you did, I am annoyed because I didnt see it, lol

:lol: had a nice peel off thunder a moment ago, didna see a flash was making a brew :lol: rain picked up here.

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nah I've had enough now - not waiting up anymore.

If I hear anything or see anything I will update tomorrow.

Night all

Posted

Thanks Lewis & Andy. Thought so! Looks like it's passing through quite quickly though. We're at the business end of the evening now in my view, it's now or never- but perhaps the weather gods are going to do a Newcastle United and fail to deliver when it's needed the most.

Posted

For the first time today heavy rain is starting to fall here. It's ok.. I've only been waiting about 12 hours for this :lol:

Posted
could u do RH1??

Erm...im not being rude, but y not pay and get it for a whole year? trust me, it's worth it...

Posted
Erm...im not being rude, but y not pay and get it for a whole year? trust me, it's worth it...

Not only that.. You also get a complementary pat on the back from Paul for giving the radar a plug and increasing his bank balance :lol:

Posted
For the first time today heavy rain is starting to fall here. It's ok.. I've only been waiting about 12 hours for this :lol:

Lol!, exactly, it's been ridiculous! but hey im rooting for the latter part of summer....

Posted

I've only really just started using this site today, and I've already looked at getting my sub sorted out for tomorrow :lol:

Posted

Know the feeling Andy, I have that belt of rain to the west starting here now after nearly a full day of radar watching, oh and fixing my weather station pc!

Posted

So, any chance of storms now for Central Southern England, or just heavy rain?........can i go to bed now? :lol:

Posted
So, any chance of storms now for Central Southern England, or just heavy rain?........can i go to bed now? :lol:

Seems just heavy rain really. Not many reports of storms coming in now.

Posted
I've only really just started using this site today, and I've already looked at getting my sub sorted out for tomorrow :lol:

You won't regret it. I took the plunge during the winter such is my addiction to snow. The range of features is superb and although I used it daily I still felt as if I barely scraped the surface with it. Unfortunately, can't justify renewing my subscription at the moment but certainly will for winter 09/10.

Posted
Seems just heavy rain really. Not many reports of storms coming in now.

Ok then, well im off.....see you guys later! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, I think thats all she wrote for the night, just the odd sferic over the dover straits now.....some heavy rain for western & southern parts, the very odd rumble, and 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me.....I'll be at edgbaston tomorrow for the cricket, with the promise of a bright fresh day, with just the odd shower......peace! :lol:

Posted

Looks like the part of the rain band just south of me has intensified within the last 25 minutes! Here's hoping we catch it as even if no thunder, a bit of heavy rain would be nice :lol: