Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Heatwave

Posted

Current temp here in walton cardiff Tewkes, 28.1c, "hottest day of the year here so far" B) I know worcester weather station has recorded the magical 30c, in the last half hour......

Any other reports in the west mids and southern mids yet of 30c being reached yet peeps?

Temp now down to 27.8c in the last 10 mins due to more cloud building from the west.

Posted

Swelteringly hot here, some cloud around but slow moving giving long spells of hot sunshine. Temp is a high for the year, a peak of 31.8c and currently 31.6c.

Posted

Well we hit 29.2c about 13:45 and it 'feels' very hot :rolleyes:

post-2253-1246284765_thumb.jpg

KjF

Atherstone North Warks

Spokesman Robin Hutchison said: "If the forecasters are to be believed, the thermometer could hit treble figures more times than England's batsman this summer. A nationwide gamble could seriously burn the bookies and see profits evaporate overnight."

LOL england must have absolutely no chance in the ashes then and not one english batsmen will reach 100 :rolleyes:

Edited by Eugene

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Officially a 30c report now. London weather centre recording 30.0c (without rounding) at 3pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Some of these 30C recordings are a bit suspect. Weatheronline has London Weather Center down at 30.0C, but this station isn't considered for official purposes as it is prone to anomalous readings when considering other nearby sites.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

26.5 here ...so far... great! :rolleyes:

Posted

What kind of idiots do they get to commentate on Wimbeldon - I will quote the commentators exact words from a couple of minutes ago:

"There was talk of it possibly reaching 38 degrees here today - that's the record from a few years back - it probably won't quite make it though"

Posted

he is probably talking of the shade temperature on centre court which is not impossible

35C certainly

UK Met quote it, and why not?

provided any site has been officially checked by UK Met, its equipment is correct and correctly sited for THAT site and the SITE is quoted in any max/min values given then it is perfectly acceptable in official understanding of weather reports.

of course values will vary depending on site and exposure that is why I stress providing the SITE is quoted when giving any max-min etc its fine.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Wot heatwave? No heatwave here just a humidwave.

Posted
Some of these 30C recordings are a bit suspect. Weatheronline has London Weather Center down at 30.0C, but this station isn't considered for official purposes as it is prone to anomalous readings when considering other nearby sites.

That sounds a bit odd when the MetOffice quote it as 30.0c on there own site as the temperature for London.

30C on the dot is now official in London

I think I said that 15 minutes ago :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

30C does sound a touch high as i was in probably the hottest part of London and around heathrow for today and recorded 29.3C, though it would have made 30C if it wasn't for the cumulus clouds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

29.8C the top temp here so far, has dropped back to 29.5C currently, just a little push to hit 30C....

Posted
he is probably talking of the shade temperature on centre court which is not impossible

35C certainly

UK Met quote it, and why not?

provided any site has been officially checked by UK Met, its equipment is correct and correctly sited for THAT site and the SITE is quoted in any max/min values given then it is perfectly acceptable in official understanding of weather reports.

of course values will vary depending on site and exposure that is why I stress providing the SITE is quoted when giving any max-min etc its fine.

Fair enough, I thought he was referring to outside temperature, so yes, it probably does exceed that - apparently it reached 106F (41C) on centre court the other day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
That sounds a bit odd when the MetOffice quote it as 30.0c on there own site as the temperature for London.

I believe this is why some choose to follow the Manley CET over hadley. It is a more a representation of the considered reliable stations over the dodgy ones that the mt-office continues to list in its records.

The 38.1C recorded at Kew Gardens should really hold the all time UK top temp record because the 38.5C at Brogdale is vey dubious. It's a bit of a grey area.

Posted

Now the sun has been quite bright here for the last half hour, I now have the hottest temp of the day here at a "sweltering 28.5c"...

Gloucester just down the road looks like it could be hitting 30c very soon going by reports on here :rolleyes:

l

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Haven't beaten my record high for the year yet, 26.6c at the moment, but it feels very uncomfortable nonetheless.

Edit: 26.9c!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
Now the sun has been quite bright here for the last half hour, I now have the hottest temp of the day here at a "sweltering 28.5c"...

Gloucester just down the road looks like it could be hitting 30c very soon going by reports on here B)

l

Sadly I dont think we are quite going to make it today, its now 29.3C and so slowly but surely the trend seems to be downward now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Its clearly going to breach 30 degrees today. There's about another 4 hours of heating at this time of the year - max temps are sometimes up to 5pm , partic in London.

Well maybe it's no so clear B) Hasn't hit 30 yet has it? I have just come in from playing tennis and the highest I can see on XC weather is 29c. It feels absolutely BOILING out there though, trust me when you are playing tennis and out in the sun it feels unbelievably hot, I am feeling pretty weak now.

Posted
Well maybe it's no so clear B) Hasn't hit 30 yet has it? I have just come in from playing tennis and the highest I can see on XC weather is 29c. It feels absolutely BOILING out there though, trust me when you are playing tennis and out in the sun it feels unbelievably hot, I am feeling pretty weak now.

Both London and Charlwood near Gatwick reported to be 30.0c (not rounded to nearest degree)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hit 27.1c now, equal high temperature for this year.

Posted

Just hit 30C here (weather station, CLOUDY SKY TEMP) 5 miles south of Wimbledon, but the good ols fashioned thermometer in the shade is howing 29C. These modern weather stations tend not to be very accurate in sunlight overreading by about 2C.

Edited by HighPressure

What heatwave ? B)

Is anywhere over 30 ? What a joke. The Met shouild be a ashamed of themselves putting out Level Warnings for weather that is warm to hot but nothing like a heatwave.

Come back when temps hit 35 + then put some warnings out. ggggrrreee

Edited by BristolBaggie