Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion 5Th August >>

Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Storm heres fairly odd, keeps knocking my dsl connection out, all lightning seen is IC based and thunder has an odd sort of crisp hollow sound, so i think it's very high based. Good though, looks to be moving off in the direction of northampton now, but still hearing rolling thunder to my SW so theres more than one cell around here firing. Looking at the MET radar we could be looking at a large MCS developing and moving NE in the next few hours. :)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Storm heres fairly odd, keeps knocking my dsl connection out, all lightning seen is IC based and thunder has an odd sort of crisp hollow sound, so i think it's very high based. Good though, looks to be moving off in the direction of northampton now, but still hearing rolling thunder to my SW so theres more than one cell around here firing. Looking at the MET radar we could be looking at a large MCS developing and moving NE in the next few hours. smile.gif

Yes - that is what I have noticed. Areas west and north of London and into central parts look in line for thatsmile.gif

Posted

Yes - that is what I have noticed. Areas west and north of London and into central parts look in line for thatsmile.gif

Right that's it I'm switching to the lappy. Better safe than sorry!

Posted

Always looked like C Southern and Central Uk in the firing line as this event got closer to fruition, could still be some Storms further east but main action area is the area the Met Office warned 2 days ago so a good call from that Model. Currently Southend hottest in the country at 28.3c and a light Easterly wind.

Paul S

Right that's it I'm switching to the lappy. Better safe than sorry!

Always a good idea to keep things like that in mind!

The area of ppn leaving France and in the channel doesn't actually look especially intense atm - but development when it hits land is quite possible - just like the current storms that are tracking north such as you are seeing atm

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Always looked like C Southern and Central Uk in the firing line as this event got closer to fruition, could still be some Storms further east but main action area is the area the Met Office warned 2 days ago so a good call from that Model. Currently Southend hottest in the country at 28.3c and a light Easterly wind.

Paul S

So your trying to say my area will see didley squat :) be honest :). You folks down south are loving this aint ya. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Not much lightning being picked up on the Pitsford Hall. Northants detector

http://www.northantsweather.org.uk/

Posted

Not much lightning being picked up on the Pitsford Hall. Northants detector

http://www.northantsweather.org.uk/

Must be off then by miles, because i can still hear the rumbles from the storm which just passed now off to my NE over towards towcester / northants border. More to the SW as i type. Something bigs a brewing, sky has that look and the air feels right. :)

Paul S

Yes Paul, it has been modelled well there. Temp feels like it can't be far off that Southend figure here either. Very bright, humid and hazy here along near the A28 East Sussex/Kent road

Wouldn't be surprised to see a shower or storm kicking off further east perhaps later on.

Posted

So your trying to say my area will see didley squat :) be honest :) . You folks down south are loving this aint ya. lol

Lol

When it hits C Southern England and C Uk with a slight East of North Drift where will it hit after that.......

Answers on a Postcard Lewis, and you know the answer is Humber, Lincs and NE England :)

Posted

Horrible here, the cold front can't move in fast enough!

Looking good for a storm a week 7 weeks in a row, some rather substantial mid level convection brewing.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very bright flash of lightning and almighty crack of thunder like a starting pistol, that didn't miss by much

Posted

Yes Paul, it has been modelled well there. Temp feels like it can't be far off that Southend figure here either. Very bright, humid and hazy here along near the A28 East Sussex/Kent road

Wouldn't be surprised to see a shower or storm kicking off further east perhaps later on.

Tamara Yes I would not rule out the SE Completely as the Plume gets pushed Eastwards later tonight and into Friday then just about anywhere could get a Rogue Storm! We also have to see how that general area of Rain North of Cherbourg will react when it hits and Hot and Humid Landmass East of the IOW.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Blitzortung.org is showing a nice cluster of strikes in the middle of the UK and to the SW

Posted

Lol

When it hits C Southern England and C Uk with a slight East of North Drift where will it hit after that.......

Answers on a Postcard Lewis, and you know the answer is Humber, Lincs and NE England :)

There! i made you say the Humber :) thanks paul lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Tamara Yes I would not rule out the SE Completely as the Plume gets pushed Eastwards later tonight and into Friday then just about anywhere could get a Rogue Storm! We also have to see how that general area of Rain North of Cherbourg will react when it hits and Hot and Humid Landmass East of the IOW.

Paul S

Yup, we should have an indicator within the next hour or so as to whether that 'clump' will kick-off or not.

By the way, 28ºc here and sticky as hell, with milky sunshine, but clouds beginning to build.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Nice and organised line of thundery showers/possible storms:

post-9715-12495656957817_thumb.png

Yep I'm hearing thunder from these and its getting very dark again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The clump of rain moving out of N France, has pretty bright echoes on the SE side, which look like separate cells.

If these are cells and do keep intensity, then these could have the SE's name on later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Can any clever person here explain how this straight line of storms has arisen?

Its a british storm, So it likes queuing.

;)

Posted

Just got off the train from London where it was very warm to a much cooler dry but cloudy middle of Hampshire, seems like all the rain is literally been a few miles to my east for a while, I have not heard a rumble of thunder this year and am not confident it will happen today, seems a lot less humid than this morning but here's hoping