East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 2

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

so the threat for snow in surrey for thurs has completely gone on the latest forecast. has it all changed overnight?

No. I wouldn't even take note yet of the forecast detail. It will change as close to 6 hrs with snow potential. I remember in February the snow turned up when not forecast in our area ans when it was it usually didn't ! and we did very well out of it indeed

Posted

Im in north norfolk, only 6 miles from the weatherstation on the a148 at harpley.

I'm in the same position as you, lots forecast, very little actual result. You may be better off than me as the land trck to you should at least get something on the ground with you.

But, we shall see. It's Thursday pm we'll need to look outside

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Unsurprisingly the BBC are now suggesting a spell of heavy snow especially in Lincs, Wash which will them move into midlands. They are warning of heavy falls and looking at the latest fax charts I can see why. This spell of snow will be followed by snow showers.

The warning of heavy snowfalls extends into London/Kent but this is via convection rather than the spell of snow that we see over the Wash area.

Overall bloody fantastic.

Posted

Latest weather video on the BBC says No snow AT ALL for surrey/ kent on thursday!

Do not take any notice of that rubbish they are pumping out, they are not sure of whats going on and typical of the presenters they are using old information, Snow is coming, how much and the exact timing is sketchy, but don't worry it is coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

No. I wouldn't even take note yet of the forecast detail. It will change as close to 6 hrs with snow potential. I remember in February the snow turned up when not forecast in our area ans when it was it usually didn't ! and we did very well out of it indeed

cheers snowspotter much appreciated was getting a bit dissapointed

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Latest weather video on the BBC says No snow AT ALL for surrey/ kent on thursday!

It's supposed to be thursday night into friday

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax24s.gif

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/brack1a.gif

:pardon:

12+hrs of snowfall !

Also Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Further snow showers on Friday with significant snowfall possible over parts of Kent in particular. The cold weather continuing on Saturday and Sunday with further wintry showers and overnight frosts.

WEATHER WARNING : SOUTH EAST TODAY

Significant snowfall thursday night into saturday ( 5-10cm )

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Met O forecast for E Anglia.

Thursday.

Showers near the east coast at first, mainly dry and bright elsewhere. Windy with a spell of rain, sleet and snow likely in the afternoon, significant snowfall possible in places. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

Friday-Sunday.

Further snow showers on Friday with further significant snowfall possible in places. The cold weather continuing on Saturday and Sunday with further wintry showers and overnight frosts.

Fax charts showing the fronts that will bring heavy snow over E Anglia.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0a.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1.gif

Posted

There has been a light dusting of snow in Milton Keynes this morning, icing sugar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

Its the first hard frost ive seen here in Ware, feels verrrrry cold out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

slight dusting of snow in Soham just east of Cambridge that fronts taking ages to move down from the north!! :pardon:

-4.6 outside brrrrr white everywhere u look

Ditto, light snow here in St. Ives earlier too... :)

Edited by we1330

Posted

-7c at Charlwood at 7am! :)

Woah! Thats a wee bit chilly :acute:It is -4 here in the SW London area. I was wondering why the metO are forecasting sleet/rain for us on thurs? Wonder if that will change to all snow.:pardon:

Posted

It's supposed to be thursday night into friday

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax24s.gif

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/brack1a.gif

:pardon:

12+hrs of snowfall !

Also Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Further snow showers on Friday with significant snowfall possible over parts of Kent in particular. The cold weather continuing on Saturday and Sunday with further wintry showers and overnight frosts.

WEATHER WARNING : SOUTH EAST TODAY

Significant snowfall thursday night into saturday ( 5-10cm )

This is spot on in my book, and exactly what I was looking at a few days ago and still agree with it. I think this could be like the late 1980's for from a line from Medway down to Dover and everything eastward receiving some good snow at varying depths. Looks like you will be sledging those hills round Tyler Hill then....

Posted

This is spot on in my book, and exactly what I was looking at a few days ago and still agree with it. I think this could be like the late 1980's for from a line from Medway down to Dover and everything eastward receiving some good snow at varying depths. Looks like you will be sledging those hills round Tyler Hill then....

I thought as much aswell going by all the models and fax runs , the forecast yesterday daytime and day before was WAY off the mark did they even check the models? :pardon:

But still some areas could see more than 10cm! , think what happened in 2008 or was that 2007.

Posted

I thought as much aswell going by all the models and fax runs , the forecast yesterday daytime and day before was WAY off the mark did they even check the models? :pardon:

But still some areas could see more than 10cm! , think what happened in 2008 or was that 2007.

Yep I agree with you, coming from the east is brilliant for Snow from Anglia to Kent, and Kent always gets overlooked by the BBC presenters until it hits then they are all over it... :) I would say that I think we will see a nice dumping but I really dont expect to see action until late Thursday with regards to good snow. What worries me is the fools that will think the dusting we could faintly get today will be the SNOW... then they think its all over and the main event is still to come. maybe......!

Posted

Woah! Thats a wee bit chilly :acute:It is -4 here in the SW London area. I was wondering why the metO are forecasting sleet/rain for us on thurs? Wonder if that will change to all snow.:pardon:

I know - Charlwood is a very cold spot!

I think they still think we could be in the warm sector - we will soon find out!

Posted

-7c , -6dp

Near maidstone! brrrrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

I find the Sky weather forecast the most informative piece of dross ever .... they are so blase and unspecific and considering the majority of the time they dont forecast much further than 34 hrs you would expect them to be a lot more detailed and correct

Posted

Charlwood (near Gatwick) already down to -3.4 °C at 2100hrs, I wonder how low we will go in the SE corner under clear skies.

Ditchling Common, West Sussex at 7.39 am this morning:

post-6667-12609508330599_thumb.jpg

It did touch -7.0 DgC a few hundred yards earlier, but there was no safe place to stop and take a piccy.

Posted

Finally got below freezing last night, reached -2.3 c =thats quite good seeing as i'm a stones throw from the beach, oh and i got a frost as well !!!

Very pleasing morning so far, just hope it stays like that when jump over to the model threadwhistling.gif