Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

Thanks dogs, we are always in a 'knife-edge' situation when it comes to snow! haha

Oh well in the mean time lets get merry and hope!

Posted

Thanks dogs, we are always in a 'knife-edge' situation when it comes to snow! haha

Oh well in the mean time lets get merry and hope!

and if it doesnt happen WHO care's I dont....Still have all Jan/Feb and March

then we are into Storm Season :rofl:

have a drink on me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and if it doesnt happen WHO care's I dont....Still have all Jan/Feb and March

then we are into Storm Season :p

have a drink on me

stella?...cheers, dont mind if I do........oh dear........ **stop press from USA...CAPE of 300 j/kg or less forecast for central/southern USA from mar-jun 2010, however during a certain 2 weeks in spring, CAPE values of 2000+ forecast for south/west midlands!**

Its ok Pat, I'll send you F6, yep F6 piccies!

Posted

stella?...cheers, dont mind if I do........oh dear........ **stop press from USA...CAPE of 300 j/kg or less forecast for central/southern USA from mar-jun 2010, however during a certain 2 weeks in spring, CAPE values of 2000+ forecast for south/west midlands!**

Its ok Pat, I'll send you F6, yep F6 piccies!

lol AJ ....The thing is Aj I beleive that the saying is the more snow in the plain's the more Storm's

Obviously the more moisture to evaporate in Spring..

And look at the record level's of snow hitting there..

I wont to see the piccies AJ and I will send you my F3-F5 Tornado outbreake's :p

YOU MAY HAVE A STELLA..lol

Im drinking a lager of some sort...Its foreign :D

It is very warm though here at present,but I take it these cold spell's can arrive quite quickly.

Latest is

BBC just said the snow is likely to hit S.Wales 8)

Bristol will be in line or M4 I reckon North.

But this is all assumption...48hrs before the event they will know more of what's going to pan out.

roll on the good times

Edited by dogs32

Posted

lol AJ ....The thing is Aj I beleive that the saying is the more snow in the plain's the more Storm's

I wont to see the piccies AJ and I will send you my F3-F5 Tornado outbreake's laugh.gif

Im drinking a lager of some sort...Its foreign laugh.gif

It is very warm though here at present,but I take it these cold spell's can arrive quite quickly.

Latest is

BBC just said the snow is likely to hit S.Wales dirol.gif

But this is all assumption...48hrs before the event they will know more of what's going to pan out.

roll on the good times

The current BBC forecast past Monday is all FI. Not worth talking about yet.

They ruined our chances by saying heavy snow for the south this morning.......= game over.

Posted

Woke up this morning and the overnight rain had rid me of my snow cover sadly. Would love a top up next week but I have a feeling it will be m4 north for the action.(well that is what the models hint at anyway)

Jase

Posted

The current BBC forecast past Monday is all FI. Not worth talking about yet.

They ruined our chances by saying heavy snow for the south this morning.......= game over.

this event could well be look out side on the day ... to see rain ,sleet , snow , :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I wont to see the piccies AJ and I will send you my F3-F5 Tornado outbreake's :drinks:

Im drinking a lager of some sort...Its foreign :lol:

Latest is

BBC just said the snow is likely to hit S.Wales 8)

roll on the good times

Ooooh, no more 'stella' for me thanks Pat, otherwise the first F6 in recorded history might well eminate from my stomach (the only historical remnant would therefore be the remains of my house!...lol)

Posted

Woke up this morning and the overnight rain had rid me of my snow cover sadly. Would love a top up next week but I have a feeling it will be m4 north for the action.(well that is what the models hint at anyway)

Jase

Once again, great weather talk here on the South West Cold Spell Discussion....

See attached.....

post-10683-12618641847013_thumb.jpg

Posted

QUOTE PM "Did you have a problem with what I posted? All I said was the latest model runs were hinting at the snow action being further north"

No, just would like to know your thoughts on why it would be further north?

Posted

QUOTE PM "Did you have a problem with what I posted? All I said was the latest model runs were hinting at the snow action being further north"

No, just would like to know your thoughts on why it would be further north?

Some great weather chat in the southwest england cold spell discussion again i see...................................

P.S I won't pm you again as you asked if you want to behave like a child.

Jase

Posted

Some great weather chat in the southwest england cold spell discussion again i see...................................

P.S I won't pm you again as you asked if you want to behave like a child.

Jase

Ok I will ask you again...why do you think the it will snow north of M4 and not further south? Thats all Ive asked you.

Its a forum for lots of people to discuss their thoughts..not for you to PM me for a private discussion I do not want with you.

Posted
;) :lol: ...to the above posts!

Posted

Guys, please leave it out. We've not had the futile bickering that has infected other threads here in the SW thread, please don't start now. Chill, and have a cider or something! drinks.gif

For the record - the midweek event is likely to be rain to snow. Yes, it'll rain down here at first while they get snow oop north, but we ought to get some snow as the system clears. Though the further south the system tracks, the better our chances and the more snow we'd be likely to get.

doh.gifrolleyes.gif ...to the above posts!

How dare you post above me! girl_devil.gif

tease.gif

Posted

Ok I will ask you again...why do you think the it will snow north of M4 and not further south? Thats all Ive asked you.

Its a forum for lots of people to discuss their thoughts..not for you to PM me for a private discussion I do not want with you.

In my original post I said I had a FEELING it would be north of the m4 because that was what the models were hinting at, which may or may not change. You highlighted my post and seemed to make a cocky remark and some strange attachment.

I pm you to ask if you had a problem with my post because i did not understand your original reply, and did not want to clutter up this thread with any thing other than the topic it was started for.

You then quoted my innocent pm on here for some reason.

Maybe I have my wires crossed but it seemed to me you were being funny.

I will comment no more on this.

Posted

Guys, please leave it out. We've not had the futile bickering that has infected other threads here in the SW thread, please don't start now. Chill, and have a cider or something! drinks.gif

For the record - the midweek event is likely to be rain to snow. Yes, it'll rain down here at first while they get snow oop north, but we ought to get some snow as the system clears. Though the further south the system tracks, the better our chances and the more snow we'd be likely to get.

How dare you post above me! girl_devil.gif

tease.gif

Oooh, dont you start on me, you northern so & so.....think you're tough because you're not from dorset no more eh?.eh?... :lol:

Posted

Oooh, dont you start on me, you northern so & so.....think you're tough because you're not from dorset no more eh?.eh?... laugh.gif

Northern? Moi? Would you like gravy with that chip on your shoulder - I forgot that's what northerners preferred when I wrote my earlier status.

Of course, it wouldn't survive down your coal mines. Oh, and Poole Pottery is better than all that Staffordshire rubbish! I wish heavy rain upon you - *waves magic wand*. diablo.gif

Posted

Fair enough guys, I apologise. no more comment from me.

hey, dont be put off posting :lol: ...,,when it comes to pm's though, should be kept private, that's their nature ;)

Northern? Moi? Would you like gravy with that chip on your shoulder - I forgot that's what northerners preferred when I wrote my earlier status.

Of course, it wouldn't survive down your coal mines. Oh, and Poole Pottery is better than all that Staffordshire rubbish! I wish heavy rain upon you - *waves magic wand*. diablo.gif

thats fighting talk where I come from (not quite sure where that is)...lol...Poole Pottery, tis a bit 'north' innit?....when yer 'brixham' then you're south and not before!......would you like some lemon on your cold northern sorbet??

btw, I demand input on my otherwise defunct England-South Africa thread...please??...lol

Posted

thats fighting talk where I come from (not quite sure where that is)...lol...Poole Pottery, tis a bit 'north' innit?....when yer 'brixham' then you're south and not before!......would you like some lemon on your cold northern sorbet??

btw, I demand input on my otherwise defunct England-South Africa thread...please??...lol

To quote Kev from Dorset Scrumpy and Western Band "Who's Afear'd" at Endorse it in Dorset 2009:

"Brixham? Isn't that in London?"

Before their parody of Imagine. First line: "Imagine there's no Devon, would that make you cry?"

I'll comment in the thread tomorrow (I promise I won't copy and paste Agnew's blog to make me look knowledgable) - today was a bit of an odd day. I might have something balanced tomorrow! pardon.gifunsure.gif

(I love the way this has just turned into banter again - as the SW thread was before!)

Posted

To quote Kev from Dorset Scrumpy and Western Band "Who's Afear'd" at Endorse it in Dorset 2009:

"Brixham? Isn't that in London?"

Before their parody of Imagine. First line: "Imagine there's no Devon, would that make you cry?"

I'll comment in the thread tomorrow (I promise I won't copy and paste Agnew's blog to make me look knowledgable) - today was a bit of an odd day. I might have something balanced tomorrow! pardon.gifunsure.gif

(I love the way this has just turned into banter again - as the SW thread was before!)

SPEECHLESS WITH RAGE!! :lol:

how about "Imagine there's only Dorset" da-da-da-da-dah "web feet & inbreds, you dont even have to try"

:p

Posted

Its hard to know whether its looking good or not in the Model Discussion Thread. (Yes I have zero knowledge of Meteorology lol) Some members want a prolonged cold spell, and some just want a dumping of snow and dont care about what happens after (Me lol :lol:)

Whatever happens it will make the new year that little bit more interesting :whistling:

Posted

NMM shows that the snow line is likely to be just in the far north of the Cotswolds on Tuesday, but it likely to move rapidly north, those lucky northerns could get alot of snow from this(Northern England). Anybody is the south realistically has to wait until Thus/Fri for a decent chance as 850's are just too high, Wednesday sees a very large 850 temp gradient down to -5's across northern England with the -5 line moving SW through Thursday, probably making a bit of wet snow on Thursday in the SW a 50/50 chance atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

This is certainly interesting:

WEATHER UNDERGROUND - three day forecast for Filton, UK

Sunday Scattered Clouds. High: 7 °C . Wind West 39 km/h . Windchill: 0 °C .

Sunday Night Partly Cloudy. Low: -1 °C . Wind WNW 14 km/h . Windchill: -3 °C .

Monday Scattered Clouds. High: 5 °C . Wind ENE 25 km/h . Windchill: -4 °C .

Monday Night Chance of Rain. Overcast. Low: 1 °C . Wind ENE 32 km/h . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 2.39 mm). Windchill: -6 °C .

Tuesday Snow. Partly Cloudy. High: 4 °C . Wind ENE 28 km/h . Chance of precipitation 50% (water equivalent of 14.87 mm). Windchill: -4 °C .

Tuesday Night Chance of Snow. Overcast. Low: -1 °C . Wind East 32 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20% (water equivalent of 0.85 mm). Windchill: -4 °C .