Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

warmest day i have had in 2 weeks today. 3.0c and it feels barmy, slight thaw in progress out side now. wallbash.gif

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I'm seriously jealous of my brother, he lives up on the moors just outside Haworth - jammy beggar. If this proposed New Year cold spell/battleground scenario happens up North I'll be a very grumpy bunny indeed.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a good one.

Posted

I'm seriously jealous of my brother, he lives up on the moors just outside Haworth - jammy beggar. If this proposed New Year cold spell/battleground scenario happens up North I'll be a very grumpy bunny indeed.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a good one.

I just pray the battle goes on further south (not gonna hapen) so we can finaly get our first heavy snow of the winter! Even if the battle is just north of us though you and I would still be in with a chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Anyone getting disheartened by our little mild spell ( if a couple of degrees above freezing counts as that!) should have a read of the general model output discussion. There's a possibility of major snow around this area next Tuesday, depending on that ever crucial dividing line between cold/milder air. Looks likes Sunday and Monday going to be busy on Netweather.

Posted

Taking dogs up to Stockhill Woods, there's a Spruce tree in the middle which is decorated by the Christmas Elves every year, folk add their own baubles and cards with wishes on; guess who'll be adding to it....

Posted

Problem with this snowy spell if it does come off then somerset and most of the other south western areas will see didly squat round two!

aggressive.gifwallbash.gifcray.gifmega_shok.gif

I just cannot find the emote for throwing my toys out of the pram!

Posted

Just got my weather station set up ( my early xmas present ) thanks mullender :DD current temp 3.6 oC dewpoint 0 :yahoo:

i was like a little kid when it arrived this morning straight outside attatching everything :drinks: and just finished mouting the wind thing on a tall pole on the roof :drinks:

Edited by Jonesywilliteversnow

Posted

Problem with this snowy spell if it does come off then somerset and most of the other south western areas will see didly squat round two!

If that happens, my pram's going out with the toys.

Posted

Taking dogs up to Stockhill Woods, there's a Spruce tree in the middle which is decorated by the Christmas Elves every year, folk add their own baubles and cards with wishes on; guess who'll be adding to it....

me :(

I love the smell of spruce

Posted

Here's part of Will Hand's severe cold period forecast: My confidence is moderate and anyone travelling, especially in the south, needs to be aware.

Here's the link: http://groups.google.com/group/uk.sci.weather/browse_thread/thread/e6b6f29e9182bd87?pli=1

Posted

aggressive.gif:cold::Dmega_shok.gif

Just what I was thinking, us getting mild and pouring rain while the west of the country gets pasted in snow again, then when the cold air pushes back south theres a hole in precip over the SW again due to the N/NE flow:cray::cold:

Oh well plenty of time for change and lets hope things change for the better for us this time, of course surprises and better solutions have plenty of time to occur if we get into this upcoming cold spell.

If not, then it will be more than my toys being thrown out of the pram for me too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

just caught tricky dickie on bbc 1 and he used the "S" word at the end of his forcast for early part of next week.

merry xmas to every one, drive safe

fromeydrinks.gif

Posted

Some slightly downbeat comments on here. However, i just popped into the Model Discussion Thread and there's a lot of excitement in there about next week and chances of a 78/79-type low pressure system going to the south of us, which if that was the track we'd be snowed in for the New Year!yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Sad that it is, Your post actually made me LOL :aggressive:

Lets hope any more cold comes down south. What have we done to wrong mother nature?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Merry Christmas everyone. Just a quick post before I get up and open the bucks fizz!

Temp and DP seem to be dropping, about 1c in the last hour. Currently down to 1.1c and 0.2c respectively. And there is ppn around.....

Hmmm.... maybe, just maybe...

Or maybe not :-(

Posted

Merry christmas all hope u have a good day

current temp here is 0.7oC dewpoint of 0 after a min of -0.8 last night still snow on the ground 5 days after it fell :clap:

Jonesy

Ill leave you to drewl at this

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091225/00/174/uksnowdepth.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Merry christmas all hope u have a good day

current temp here is 0.7oC dewpoint of 0 after a min of -0.8 last night still snow on the ground 5 days after it fell :lol:

Jonesy

Ill leave you to drewl at this

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091225/00/174/uksnowdepth.png

Oh stop it.

That will never happen, its bound to be upgraded by then :shok:

(Shhh.. if we all think that we dont want it.. It might just happen )

Please dont give me 25cm of snow!

Posted

Merry christmas all.

I shall call this one a white christmas as there is still around 90% snow cover. yahoo.gifyahoo.gifdrinks.gif