Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Is that you on your picture ? You look like a Joe I know in Leic lol.

I think another hour and we will all be celebrating hun ..

Yep that's me - never lived in Leicester though - just the odd visit to Richer Sounds and getting lost on your ring road - there's a nice South Indian 'Keralan' restaurant there that I want to visit there though :)http://www.kayalrestaurant.com/ - anyone been?

Posted

It's trying so hard now to snow in south brum, and I'm willing it to every step of the way!! I think that if I were driving right now that it would be pretty nasty out there. I am tentatively hopeful for tonight.

ha, you can always count on Birmingham in marginal situations to see a bit of snow due to it's location and ASL. :)

Good stuff.

P.S No reports up the lickeys yet ?

Posted

Just had a proper flurry of snow mixed in with all the sleet.....we are almost there boys and girls...AND it looks like the front is stalling where it is :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

This is going to be good! Just sleet here still though but moderate rather than light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

OMGGG!!! Snow in Halesowen!

Well, there you go...for all of you looking on the 'dark side' of things...Luke 'used the force' ! :)

Been raining all day here now the front seems to have fizzled out and the sky is cleering in Nottingham. Apologies for not posting in this section I just want some decent snow here in notts. The forecasts are confusing our local news website has now said no snow here just drizzle yet the other day they said 20cm of snow. Can anybody tell me what to expect in this region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Biggest non event in history.

Why ramp it up like they did? Complete nonsense, yeh ok so if it snows loads and they say rain and sleet then people get caught out but they totally ramped it up.

Come on, where is Shaun Wilmer? Laughed at me yesterday because I told him that West Midlands might see a few inches on low ground tonight and said that they will get around 5-6 inches and not 2-3 like I said. Well even the 2-3 inches looks way off now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still sleet here. Will get there eventually. Luke you are very lucky if its settling!

Posted

Still sleet here. Will get there eventually. Luke you are very lucky if its settling!

Really?

It will just suddenly change to snow soon smile.gif

Edited by Luke3000

Posted

Snowing mostly now might aswell just be snow temp just dropped another 0.3c in 5minutes. COMEEE ON were ever so closeee!

Sleety mix trending snow in Oadby se leics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Rain, rain go away.

i can not see this rain turning to snow now

Posted

don't forget that most people on here last night said the News24 forecast for it to be marginal was incorrect

the reality is now panning out - to be marginal indeed

I put more faith in the MO than I do on, "most people on here," that's not to say that all NW members are rubbish, most are like me enthusiastic amateurs, there's a few that are very good and there's a few who get more credit than they deserve and there’s lots that just have an interest, but lack real knowledge of weather dynamics. But if people are going to slate the MO then they should at least get their facts right.

Posted

Rain turned to snow here about 30 mins ago... just starting to cover the grass and cars.... Wonder how long it will snow for as radar looks to be fizzling out....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Almost snow now. Will be very surprised if it sticks!