Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

http://www.sat24.com...at=ir&type=loop

That clump of showers east of us seems to be developing all the time,almost looks like a mini-low.

edit. actually got a moderate snow shower here now which has developed quickly.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

That clump of showers east of us seems to be developing all the time,almost looks like a mini-low.

goign by that it looks good for all, in terms of the stuff to our east afecting the southern half of region and the stuf north coming down to all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

It's snowing here now, some light PPN gained intensity pretty quickly once it was over land, and now is giving moderate snow here.

Looks like our next shower is just out in the North Sea heading for Tyneside then Stanley/Consett and beyond in about 20-30mins.

Hopefully plenty more showers will develop behind that, but even if they don't there are some way out in the North Sea on target for us later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Haha loved Look north weather forecast... the forecast eneded with "and the cold might not end this week, or next, it could last all the way through january!" haha

I know i almost fell off my chair and here the snow is coming down in blankets ohmy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I just got that shower too; it seemed to develop right on top of me. The radar shows a few lights bands heading in so hopefully they'll pep up in a similar way. Further out and still the chance of something better developing; that sat loop looks good.

Posted

I know i almost fell off my chair and here the snow is coming down in blankets ohmy.gif

you are going to get a hammering soon, you lucky lucky errm thing :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Well according to the BBC look North forcast the showers area going to be to the North and south of our region all night. This is verified by looking at the latest radar. There is a huge gap, completely missing Tyneside. But I don't think they can accurately predict where the showers will form in this kind of situation, so its all eyes to the radar for tonight. Prospects for Tyneside look better for tomorrow.

The Berwick region looks to be getting pasted and if that keeps up they may be in for a foot of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

you are going to get a hammering soon, you lucky lucky errm thing smile.gif

Its stopped atm clouds have a broke a little bit waiting for a main course... drinks.gif

Posted

well what a day its been for weather, seen the lot today, had one of the best hail/snow blizzards i've ever seen at 1:30pm, we've had some huge flakes falling from the sky, plus we've also had ice rain falling, as soon as it was hitting the car window screen it was freezing BUT my concern was towards the end of the last snow shower it was turning more to rain believe it or not and as I speak now its lashing down with rain :wallbash:alittle sleet mixed in, whats happening guys, something to do with the dewpoint, whats it at, at the minute please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Wow absolute deluge heading for Middlesbrough just now, that could drop 5cm as it looks pretty prolonged. Personally I see the whole region being clobbered after Midnight, before then it will be hit and miss as it is now, despite the fact that most places have already seen some heavy snow this evening.

Posted

Whiteout in Newcastle, not big flakes just a deluge of very fine flakes and a strong wind.

Posted

shower here, getting blown in the wind. not sure any of it has touched the ground lol.

Posted

moderate to heavy snow shower in byker nowrolleyes.gif settling nicely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

FLASH BANG!!!

Bright double flash of lightning followed almost instantly by unusual muffled thunder.

Excellent!

Posted

anyone else in newcastle just here thunder or am imagining things?

actually think its just a plane LOL

Edited by izi

Posted

FLASH BANG!!!

Bright double flash of lightning followed almost instantly by unusual muffled thunder.

Excellent!

:whistling::80::D:D:D

Awesome!! BIG hailstones as well,developing quickly again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Just light snow here. It's all developed to the North of me! Feel a bit more confident that earlier that'll I see something decent before the night is out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

FOREST HALL - NORTH NEWCASTLE

The shower thats just psssed here put another 1.5cm down and the showers are gathering out to sea for more in about an hour.

The temp has risen to 0.5c as the wind has strengthened, but the colder air is expected in the morning and I think that will bring more prolonged snow.

If anyone knows it - Davey Bank, Wallsend - I work down there and just managed to get up the bank in my 320TD (RWD). I took a run up and when flying past 4 cars skidding on the inside corner, on the outside of them. Just got to the top. Apparently its just for 4WDs now!

Posted

Yep, just had a blizzard haily type of shower, some snowflakes mixed in but not enough to class it as a snow shower.

Wind has picked up from the sea and this has made the temp rise, i can tell by this because the little bit of snow on the washing pole is melting! And i'm sure when i put my hand in the hail, there was a few drops of rain, only small however but it would be nice if the air did get slightly colder now.