Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

To be fair the front is crawling towards us and has intensified slightly. It is around the Borders now. I'm hoping we get a bit from that.

there are reports of freezing rain at -1.1oC so keep cautious :lol:

http://www.sat24.com/image.ashx?country=scan&type=slide&index=12&time=&sat=

polo??

Posted

To be fair the front is crawling towards us and has intensified slightly. It is around the Borders now. I'm hoping we get a bit from that.

The developing front is very slow moving. Meto invent precipiation forecast which was issued at 18z has front further South by 2100z. Around Edinburgh its hardly moving on its back end.

Mark

Posted

Evening all,

Been ages since i've visited the forums but what with the perpetual snowcover and ongoing risk of more I thought it might be wise to keep myself updated on the latest situation.

Seems a lot in here are keen on the idea of more snow, each to their own.

Is there any word of a possible letup any time soon?

I keep hearing that we're expecting more/worse for the foreseeable future. As someone who commutes a long distance everyday, this fills me with dread.

Appreciate this may be covered elsewhere on the site but its changed significantly since i was last here so a friendly pointer would be appreciated if this is OT.

Posted

Evening all,

Been ages since i've visited the forums but what with the perpetual snowcover and ongoing risk of more I thought it might be wise to keep myself updated on the latest situation.

Seems a lot in here are keen on the idea of more snow, each to their own.

Is there any word of a possible letup any time soon?

I keep hearing that we're expecting more/worse for the foreseeable future. As someone who commutes a long distance everyday, this fills me with dread.

Appreciate this may be covered elsewhere on the site but its changed significantly since i was last here so a friendly pointer would be appreciated if this is OT.

break down in about 8-10 days i think, but the worst snow will be over in the next 5 days.

Edited by izi

Posted

netweather show my area to get heavy snow for the next 3 days, all in the high 90% chance zone. I'm a little confused now, some say we will get heavy snow, some say we will miss out!!!

suppose its just a case of watching the sky now :cold:

Posted

netweather show my area to get heavy snow for the next 3 days, all in the high 90% chance zone. I'm a little confused now, some say we will get heavy snow, some say we will miss out!!!

suppose its just a case of watching the sky now :whistling:

its all over the place at the moment dave. as others have said its about watching the radar and praying now lol.

going on the latest model output its not looking great for Newcastle. that doesnt mean we won't see snow, just we won't see as much.

Posted

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=dsplOOPℑ=21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_SNOW_SFC_??_12Z

snow accumlication forecast, shows nothing over the far north east lol.

its getting worse and worse for NE

What a load of tosh! It currently is showing no accumulation over the NE when there is a good 7/8 cm in my garden.... if it cant get it right at 00 hours i doubt itll be right in 24 or even 72!

Posted

its all over the place at the moment dave. as others have said its about watching the radar and praying now lol.

going on the latest model output its not looking great for Newcastle. that doesnt mean we won't see snow, just we won't see as much.

I know its abit mad at the minute izi, the forcast I saw at 8pm shown the tyne and wear region getting very heavy snowfall and our region missing out. Back on the 19th December it was a simaler story only for us to see soo much snow it was coming out of our ears lol, hope this is the case in the coming days.

Posted

What a load of tosh! It currently is showing no accumulation over the NE when there is a good 7/8 cm in my garden.... if it cant get it right at 00 hours i doubt itll be right in 24 or even 72!

i wouldn't even look at such crap lol.

Posted

That band looks like re-intensifying now on the radar, its very very very slow moving though, so even 2 hours of light snow should give some nice coverings to the region, with snow showers following behind... i aint gun complain... tomorrow night is looking good too <_<

Bring on the WALL SNOW!!!!

^That was terrible wasnt it^ haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The main area of ppn is intensifing but its going to miss most of our region. There is another area in the East which could intensify and bring some snowfall in the early hours. I think there will be plenty of hefty showers tucking in behind and hopefully we will get a pasting from tomorrow luch time.

Posted

That band looks like re-intensifying now on the radar, its very very very slow moving though, so even 2 hours of light snow should give some nice coverings to the region, with snow showers following behind... i aint gun complain... tomorrow night is looking good too <_<

Bring on the WALL SNOW!!!!

^That was terrible wasnt it^ haha

will that band reach us?

Posted

will that band reach us?

too right it will,already had light dandruff snow in the last 10 mins.

anychance of you lot putting in a location for yaselfs.it becomes a bit tedious after a while.

same for me lol.where did they go?

Posted

I'm getting nervous now,it hasn't snowed here today yet.:) :)

Can that band reach here before midnight?

Posted

too right it will,already had light dandruff snow in the last 10 mins.

anychance of you lot putting in a location for yaselfs.it becomes a bit tedious after a while.

same for me lol.where did they go?

lol I'll get to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Loikg at scotland live webcams there is something falling out of the sky around dunbland, livingstone although unsure if snow or rain due to trails on cams. Fingers xd for snow to top up the fields around here which still have about 20cm snow onthem (the length of a large labradors leg-havnt measured hence approximating).

Heres to lamp posting.

Kev

Dipton, Stanley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm getting nervous now,it hasn't snowed here today yet.:lol: :)

Can that band reach here before midnight?

Looking quite good for us now, it's really intensifying on the radar and heading for us.

The way it's going most of the region should get at least some light snow out of this I would have thought looking at it's size and track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

scotland web cam link http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx.

Something starting to fall in Jedburgh, must be on way soon.

dipton 777asl

Posted

Looking quite good for us now, it's really intensifying on the radar and heading for us.

The way it's going most of the region should get at least some light snow out of this I would have thought looking at it's size and track.

Hi MCT - does that include us in middlesbrough

Posted

GFS 18Z rather interestedly peps up the cold front on our side of the Pennines, maybe this is what the radar is trying to do now??

I still won't get carried away though, all well and good pepping up now but it does not mean its going to snow in our back gardens!

Regarding the showery activity, it looks like to my eyes that its going to be a train of showers which is really good if you are in them but if you are out of them, it can be frustrating. The flow will head southwards so that train of showers will move with the airflow and its that reason why i don't like these kind of easterlies.

The easterly the FAX charts show tonight are more reliable in terms of PPN because you know if pressure and instability etc are low enough, then the PPN charts would show the whole of the eastern areas in PPN.

Anyways, its a case of now casting regarding the events in the next few days, stuff any predictions, stuff the BBC charts, stuff the GFS charts, its what the radar says. Only use the PPN charts as a guide and not at face value.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Hi MCT - does that include us in middlesbrough

I had my postcode zoom set to Consett to I got a bit disorientated!

Looks like it will be a direct hit for Consett, and close for Stanley and you, just need to keep watching the radar.

Looks like Tyneside will mostly miss this part, with just some light snow due soon, but the other band North of Northumberland is one to watch for that area, and maybe the rest of us too.