Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIII

Posted

06z NAE still calling for some decent snow tocome south again into S.Essex and Kent, not sure its going to be as heavy as progged but we shall see, the NAE still progging an extra 4-5cms for this region, quite frankly none will settle with temps the way they...

Typical screw zone stuff, light snow helps melt the snow cover in the morning, then as temps rise the heavier stuff comes along and helps to melt even more! :yahoo:

Posted

MetOffice have issued severe weather warnings for SE from now through to the weekend :lol: :lol:

Posted

Im going to have a little moan and say this current cold spell could be very disappointing for my location.

Seems the snow tomorrow in Norfolk will remain to my E which will mean I have missed the snow from the N,S,E. Normally I would have the insurance of snow showers from the NE,ly but the models suggest very weak convection for my region.

Amazingly it could turn out that last winter gave me more snowfall!

Certainly hoping for a change in the model output i.e some troughs on the fax charts.

Posted

06z NAE still calling for some decent snow tocome south again into S.Essex and Kent, not sure its going to be as heavy as progged but we shall see, the NAE still progging an extra 4-5cms for this region, quite frankly none will settle with temps the way they...

Typical screw zone stuff, light snow helps melt the snow cover in the morning, then as temps rise the heavier stuff comes along and helps to melt even more! :lol:

Totally screwed Kold. Even out this way it's a non-event. Got about 2cm at most and thats melting rapidly. Roads still clear and just wet now. Looks mild outside to be honest!

Sleet to follow later i'm sure.

Prozac?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

As I expected, once the snow got heavy in Norwich it started settling on all surfaces very easily. Relatively high ground temps cannot prevent snow from settling if it's heavy enough.

I didn't expect it to get really heavy this early on though! There are real Christmas card scenes around UEA at the moment with large fluttering snowflakes.

Posted

Light snow has ceased here. Expecting a rapid melt. Pish.

Still got some snow but its so light its a joke!

Its quite funny but our region will end up with the least amount of snow probably out of anywhere that got the snowfall, I've got my doubts this afternoon wil lbe any cop as well now...esp given temps are going to mess us up severely...

Ah well sooner I get out of this unlucky region into some proper snow tomorrow the better IMO.

Posted

Coming down fast here now in Peterborough, no massive flakes as yet, but the sky is dark and the wind is picking up somewhat.....

Posted

Its ok your not the only one.

Currently there is seemingly quite heave snow to the east and north of me . . less than 10 miles in both directions with schools starting to close and there is nothing here to speak of.

Janet

Posted

seems that east stream is shrinking south from the northern edge but looks as tho there is more following from the north sea in a SW direction

Current data for Linslade

06 January 2010 10:48:07

Temperature (°C):

Current -0.2

Trend (per hour) +0.5

Average today -0.9

Wind chill -0.2

Humidex -2.8

Dew Point -1.8

Rel Humidity 89%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 5.4 N

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.0

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 3.6

Total this year 3.6

Pressure (mb):

Current 1003.2

Trend (per hour) +0.7

Posted

Typical screw zone stuff, light snow helps melt the snow cover in the morning, then as temps rise the heavier stuff comes along and helps to melt even more! :lol:

Hi Kold,

Strange as we are seeing not much snow melt near Thames in East London....snowing lightly all morning and

temps at 0 with dewpoint still at -1 and we are South of you ...suspect snowmelt later

but was surprised we got what we got overnight to be honest.

Doubt be much snow cover left by Friday though.

Posted

Coming down fast here now in Peterborough, no massive flakes as yet, but the sky is dark and the wind is picking up somewhat.....

lol I give up now . . . snow to the north, south, east and west of me . . . . Am I going to see any?!!

Janet

Posted

Mammoth flakes here in Bushey, Herts. Hasn't stopped all night and all morning now. If it continues like this, we're going to get close to the 40cm mark.

Posted

I think its even worse for us here in S.Essex then for you guys in Cambs, you guys never really had much chance anyway from the models...but here we've got decent accumulations in just about every other direction other then here, I personally think thats even more gutting then being well out of it...like so close but not quite set-up!

Posted

lol I give up now . . . snow to the north, south, east and west of me . . . . Am I going to see any?!!

Janet

i think you will before the nights out but im not expert lol

Posted

Strange as i've looked out the window and not a flake in the wind. Still it doesn't surprise me considering the size of Peterborough. My mother said it was snowing heavy in Wansford.

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Lovely stuff here in Norwich, showers keep popping up on the radar coming across us!

I wonder if they'll start closing more schools? The roads are now starting to look pretty bad.(Good for snow bad for tarvel)

These weren't expected TEITS, so good hope for you still. Fingers x'd for all of us!