Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

see talk about confusion bbc....or sky....loloo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Snowing from blue sky here at the moment. :D

Posted

I never go with sky bbc or metoffice is better cause metoffice is best and they give information to bbc.

Posted

Still a few flakes floating around here - to think that this was coming into the Wash around 9am - could have brought me a stick of Rock from Skeggy!

Posted

Interesting about Wales from Laura (BBC)

LOT MORE snow for this area later tomorrow..

I wonder why..

I wish I could quote her exact words

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I wonder if our man in Jersey is getting another pasting? There's been an incredible 24 hour streamer over those islands and it still continues.

Funny you should say that, just been on Météo France, who say that parts of the Cotentin Peninsula (the bit of France that's getting hit before the Channel Islands) will have up to 40cm of snow lying combined with the falls of previous days! Here it is, if anyone wants: http://france.meteofrance.com/vigilance/Bulletin?ZONE=dept50

Will be interesting what he has to say! :D

Posted

I wonder why..

Its higher ground dogs - thats been the forecast all along, heavier snow for the hills with a bit of orographic lift - we might get something similar here if we get enough lift over the cotswolds

Anyway all eyes for me at the moment on the bristol channel - where all that lot cropped up from?!

SK

Posted

Its seeding from a point just north of Hartland Point - flow is southwest though so all being wasted.

Posted

Its higher ground dogs - thats been the forecast all along, heavier snow for the hills with a bit of orographic lift - we might get something similar here if we get enough lift over the cotswolds

Anyway all eyes for me at the moment on the bristol channel - where all that lot cropped up from?!

SK

yes of course!!

brain dead to be honest,I think this snow event over the last few days as worn me out...

Lian,

Snow flurrie's or light snow shower's earlier..

Good day tomorrow if you love the snow,though I expect it to be late-ish but with some snow flurries before hand...

Posted

SK

been there all day going SW so out to sea away from the uk

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I wonder why..

Laura the beeb presenter?

I know what you mean Pat, I wouldnt mind giving her a good 'quoting'.... :) ..hope my other half doesnt read this! :) ...I'll fetch me coat!

Posted

yes of course!!

brain dead to be honest,I think this snow event over the last few days as worn me out...

Lian,

Good day tomorrow if you love the snow,though I expect it to be late-ish but with some snow flurries before hand...

Yep i do love the snow :) Just been informed that my daughters school is to be closed again on Monday, although i expect a lot of schools to be closed again in the county. Not like she minds though :)

Posted

:) AJ..Trust me to say the wrong thing..lol

Lian,

500+ schools closed IF I remember correctly in GLOS..

edit .. IM still laughing AJ

I will be busking at this rate with the lack of wages

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Its seeding from a point just north of Hartland Point - flow is southwest though so all being wasted.

it would be nice if it could hit the scillies, they havent had decent snow for years.

Posted

yes of course!!

Lian,

Latest NAE showing some heavier echoes over the cotswolds interestingly enough

Totals also slightly up by about 1cm compared to 6z - looking between 3 and 6cm by monday morning perhaps across gloucestershire, further south between 1 and 3cm if the NAE is to be believed

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well, that was a fun trip to town... not. Still, least most of the idiots coming on to the Moors went the other way and didn't block our way down... that said if the guy touched his brakes once on the ice he touched them a thousand times, so not a big suprise he over ran the corner rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm sticking to Sky News, for various reasons but the main one being they show snow for the extreme SW tomorrow. (and indeed tonight so 12 hrs of snow)

-4c in the car. Balmy.

welcome back Mullender, how were the ski conditions?

Well they are very good here thanks! drinks.gifrofl.gif

They could have been better to be honest, they had a fresh dusting the night before i arrived so conditions on piste were ok and because it was like -10 or colder day and night they had all the snow cannons going 24 hours a day but slightly off piste it was bad.

I went bombing it over one of my favourite reds and then took a ramp off piste only to hit a root and well i have a very purple knee lucky for me though I did have a sports brace on which took out the worst of the hit and probably saved me from a broken knee shok.gif

current temp -3.7 with patchy cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

:whistling: AJ..Trust me to say the wrong thing..lol

Lian,

500+ schools closed IF I remember correctly in GLOS..

edit .. IM still laughing AJ

I will be busking at this rate with the lack of wages

Tell me about it Pat...no work since before christmas, and it looks none too promising this coming week......Though, I have found a fantastic temporary cure for those money worries....Its called 'a-l-c-o-h-o-l'...a strange invention, its makes me forget about bills etc, definitely worth recommending!...lol

Posted

last feb?

that streamer is pretty weird though!

i didnt know that, that must be a near once in a generation event down there, arent they zone 10?

Edited by Mattster1