Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's great isn't it? Is it all laying nicely down there? Apparently Spitfire Way coming upo into Hawkinge is getting to be passable only with care

WELCOME TO NARNIA lol. We've had heavy snow here and laying everywhere. An inch or two already, let alone the worst was meant to be this evening and overnight?. I was told a recent BBC forecast had nothing showing for east Kent!, are they looking at the radars?

I'm not exaggerating, but it actually looks quite nasty out there if you were out in it. Heavy snow, blowing snow almost horizontal on the beach, strong winds, whipping snow, biting icy wind, dark, low visibility. :closedeyes: Updated photos:

You can't see the wind strength:

Houses back there have vanished:

Snow depth:

Road:

Posted

Just on the phone to my dad he's still got snow and blizzard like conditions in Sittingbourne, lucky bugga lol , meanwhile in SE London overcast NE wind that cuts you in two - tis freezing cold.gif

maybe good news for me wind looks to have turned more easterly here maybe the precip will now start moving more westward!

Posted

Hi mate, yeah looks like it for us, still I did manage to get a 4 day icicle out of this off of a cracked gutter - still going :D

As I said before, unfortunately as the band eventually edges further NE the onshore steering winds at this end of the Estuary will keep the heavier precipitation away to the S and East of main London. We should pick up the lighter stuff and we can somehow hope that the main convection band over Kent becomes far my active than thought and expands to include London.

Big straw clutch for a proper Thames streamer on Sunday night/Monday for us though, as finally the steering wind direction becomes favaourable for here - however this occurs at the point when the main activity has all but moved away, but we can hope if the wind is strong enough that it might kick off a decent streamer. :closedeyes:

hold on!! so all that talk that francis and bbc were going on about yesterday saying that london could have 5-10cm and these showers spreading west?? is now all wrong, hmmm maybe shouldnt listen to them anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

After watching sky weather I think Croydon and surrey could do quite well out of this tonight

Posted

WELCOME TO NARNIA lol. We've had heavy snow here and laying everywhere. An inch or two already, let alone the worst was meant to be this evening and overnight?. I was told a recent BBC forecast had nothing showing for east Kent!, are they looking at the radars?

I'm not exaggerating, but it actually looks quite nasty out there if you were out in it. Heavy snow, blowing snow almost horizontal on the beach, strong winds, whipping snow, biting icy wind, dark, low visibility. cold.gif Updated photos:

You can't see the wind strength:

Houses back there have vanished:

Snow depth:

Road:

Pinching these pictures and can only dream of conditions here in SE London lol , thx btw for piccies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Can anyone confirm whether it is snowing in Witham or Colchester?

Im in colchester and yes its snowing. moderate levells at the moment.

any snow in chelmsford yet?

Posted

Can literally see the snow falling just to the east of me, we are just getting the odd little flurry

have you been dry most of the day?! It's insane here, 7 inches on the ground now the most snow I've ever seen in this low lying part of the Weald!

Once it hits you you'll deffo know about it - surprised at the difference just a few miles can make.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Yep... one of my favourites. Posted the link in here last night. Always felt it should have something like this played in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npbUFXzGS8c

Posted

SNOWING!!!! It's arrived. drinks.gif

Maybe in Danbury, but not so in North Chelmsford :(

Surely we are not going to miss all of the action again. Apart from 2hours of snow on Wed morning, we have missed almost everything.