Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Lucky sod. I'd be surprised if I get a saucer full by the looks of what's coming.

Yeah, well who knows but I got an inkling about having more than a sprinkling in my neck of the woods, you're not too far away according to the radar but its painfully slow moving east, however I regard that as uesful if it is to generate more.

Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

SLB will be here in a min (Ma here).....Pompey just won the game! It is actually snowing here in Horndean now. Light and laying!

Posted

Please send 'Stupid snow' or any kind :pardon:

we still got about 4ichs on the ground so this will be a real bonus.

its 1.9c here, and 999.2mb and falling

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

90 degree pellets have now just turned to 91 degree flakes.

Official depth 0.67mm and rising.

For anyone in a 1 mile radius of me work is off OFFICIAL. Please contact met office for other locations :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I'm back (thanks to my Ma for holding the fort while I've been celebrating a narrow Pompey win! air_kiss.gif )

While I was watching the game she went outside about 6 times to check the lampost and the drive to see if anything was settling so I think she might be getting hooked like me ha ha good.gif Still lots of little stupid snowy bits floating about dementedly in the wind!!tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some of the heaviest stuff currently in the south is knocking on my door in Newbury according to NW radar so another inch or so would be good in the next 10-20 minutes me hopes?

STORMBOY

Posted

Fingers crossed for you Stormboy - still very fine here and laying albeit finely at the moment - temperature's dropping (haven't got a reading just feels colder outside lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

I'm back (thanks to my Ma for holding the fort while I've been celebrating a narrow Pompey win! air_kiss.gif )

While I was watching the game she went outside about 6 times to check the lampost and the drive to see if anything was settling so I think she might be getting hooked like me ha ha good.gif Still lots of little stupid snowy bits floating about dementedly in the wind!!tease.gif

1-2. Can't believe it. Well done! But you realise we're not going to get *any* snow at all, now, don't you???!!! That's it for the wwwhhooolllle rest of the winter. Bah humbug :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Wa-hey! Here we go! The ppn is now more snow than rain and we have a (very wet) dusting. :good:

Please don't let it stop because I want to stay home again tomorrow! :drinks:

Posted

i put these pictures together of our snow last week.......

http://uk.video.yaho...760450/17568357

Nice one, good for you. There will be many memories for folk down south from this winter 2009/10. Me myself, now having had 15 days of snow cover I beieve and expecting many days yet!

STORMBOY

Wa-hey! Here we go! The ppn is now more snow than rain and we have a (very wet) dusting. yahoo.gif

Please don't let it stop because I want to stay home again tomorrow! drinks.gif

Not sure about staying off work, well I'm off anyhow, but all these coastal reports of snow are fantastic for the folk slightly further north. Stormforce what's it like there. Some in here might have to measure the top up in the morning methinks, inches of it (you can but hope)

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

got some moderate stuff knocking on the door of portsmouth.

its already over iow shame no one from the iow is on tonight mind you say that im sure they would be on if it was snowing there.

one thing is certain its melting so very sleety you can see little flakes but its sleet and thawing our snow rapidly id of though futher north petersfield would be getting snow right now.

there is a slight chance of winds turning more easterly with colder uppers later so not over totally but im still thinking none event.

also noticed how this quickly fragmented as it got closer to us this tells me the block is very strong to our east and surface temps framented this.

still lots of arguements going on in the model thread but this is because some of the respectable posters are think cold maybe back after a brief respite so this is something to watch.

by the way its incredible how friendly this thread is its been a pleasure sharing this event with you guys on here.:unsure:

lets hope we have more excitement before winter finished remember last week of jan to first week of feb is when i think cold will return.:drinks:

Posted
Stormforce what's it like there. STORMBOY

Still the same lovie. A bit more than a dusting a nice little covering but no where near 1/2 cm or owt. Its snowing lightly too. So will take ages to amount to anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

its getting moderate now much more like light snow aswell,

but thats what it looks like but very fine either snow or sleet.

yep its more snow than sleet but not likely to do much on wet surface but still something lol.

and i will lol if we woke tomorrow with another few inches im not sure the word is marginal.

edit i can say its snowing and laying in bins and cars its only fine snow but its 100% snowing now.

Edited by badboy657