Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Still the same lovie. A bit more than a dusting a nice little covering but no where near 1/2 cm or owt. Its snowing lightly too. So will take ages to amount to anything.

You just want want want. clap.gif

You'll look back at this winter and say that STORMBOY remained so positive through the 90+ days of snow cover and frozen surfaces.

STORMBOY

Now 0c and 999.1mb with same -0.7c dewpoint. Don't forget this nowcasting is the key and well was it another 18 hours of precip yet, here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i dont :yahoo: :yahoo: lol

not fair lol

lol yeah friend of mine just text me said its not there either your most like a couple 100 meters lower than us.:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Awww coxxy - I don't understand why you're not getting at least something - I'll blow some your way from Horndean! It's still fine snow and giving a very light dusting - someone posted on facebook that it's quite heavy in Purbrook which is 6 miles north of Pompey. People on south west thread seem to think it's taking a while to move so maybe we'll get a bit more later.

Badboy - I agree with you regarding the friendly thread, I've had some good laughs on here; probably because we don't take anything too seriously! Even my mum is enjoying herself reading stuff and watching the lampposts lol!! biggrin.gif

Posted

Awww coxxy - I don't understand why you're not getting at least something - I'll blow some your way from Horndean! It's still fine snow and giving a very light dusting - someone posted on facebook that it's quite heavy in Purbrook which is 6 miles north of Pompey. People on south west thread seem to think it's taking a while to move so maybe we'll get a bit more later.

Badboy - I agree with you regarding the friendly thread, I've had some good laughs on here; probably because we don't take anything too seriously! Even my mum is enjoying herself reading stuff and watching the lampposts lol!! biggrin.gif

yep good old lampost watching lol.

im seeing things in the channel that are progressing pinks in the pnn,

this would be very heavy and absolutely snow.

most likely a couple of inches would fall from that but its not moving very fast and im not even sure if its going to hit us.:drinks:

edit: bigger flakes are falling now not huge but more snow flakes other than bits.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I've even showed my mum those charts and she knows what the pink means now lol! People on the south west thread are reporting that the front is slow to move - not sure if that's a good thing for us or not lol! The flakes are getting a little bit bigger now and got a covering on the car/drive/road now.

Posted

I've even showed my mum those charts and she knows what the pink means now lol! People on the south west thread are reporting that the front is slow to move - not sure if that's a good thing for us or not lol! The flakes are getting a little bit bigger now and got a covering on the car/drive/road now.

yep here to so much for my thoughts as i said always marginal lol.

thats the best excuse i could come up with lol:whistling:

Posted
http://www.facebook....c8&id=635068767 Just thought I'd add some pics from last Tuesday/Wednesday - hope you can access them! Edited by slb97

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

http://www.facebook....c8&id=635068767 Just thought I'd add some pics from last Tuesday/Wednesday - hope you can access them!

Nice one, slb. You got loads more than we did here. Mind you I went to Manor Farm Country Park on Sunday, which is just on the eastern edge of Soton, a couple of miles from here and it looked like that - ankle-deep and still powdery after 4/5 days.

Gorgeous stuff. I guess everybody on this thread would like this every winter?!

Posted

Yep we did have a lot here - it was forecast for Dorset but moved a few miles east to here - first time I'd ever seen a 'red' warning issued on the met office! Luckily I'd forewarned my family who made sure they were in early with milk/bread etc and I was the daft one stuck on the A3M for 5 hours!!! What an experience though and I wouldn't change anything! Still snowing here, tons of flakes but very small ones covering everything again. Don't think I'll need my shovel again though!!

Glad it's made it west to sussex! Seems to be stalling in the south west at the moment so may be with us for a while. Hope it doesn't turn to rain though but suspect that might be the case if the temperature rises as we head towards dawn.

Posted

We've got a really good covering here, but it feels a bit wet. I just cleared some from my windscreen and it was very damp. The temp has just dropped to zero degrees C here, hopefully it will fall further.

Posted

I agree with you there westsussex - there were some monster flakes with that lot - absolutely amazing! I wonder what that would have looked like during daylight hours..... slowing down a bit here now

Edited by slb97

Posted

I agree with you there westsussex - there were some monster flakes with that lot - absolutely amazing! I wonder what that would have looked like during daylight hours..... slowing down a bit here now

We were lucky enough to see those flakes here whilst it was still light. Some of the flakes were as wide as your fist! I've never seen anything like it.

Posted

Unfortunatly im on east coast of the IOW and everywhere apart from the East and South Coast of the Island has had Snow which has even settled apparently, but just sleet here wallbash.gif

Posted

Oh no Lightening Boy! Just blooming typical!! I don't think it's snowing in Portsmouth if that makes you feel a bit better as I'm in Horndean which is slightly north from there. It's nothing like last week though so take some consolation from that - only a few in the south west area are getting anything worth mentioning and most of that is on high ground anyway. Still plenty of time left :-)

Posted

I don't know if I count as South Central or South East but here in Yateley (NE Hants) it's been snowing since about midnight - very fine flakes but lots of them, and settling nicely. My dirty-looking snow heaps are pristine white again!

Posted

lol, its not that its annoyed me jsut feel a bit gutted thats all, I cant really complain i suppose after last week, that was just the best ever there was 7ft drifts in some places on the Island from that event and Huge Icicles, being only 16 years of age i think last week will take some beating.

I think where its a strong SE wind and im on the east coast im getting the mildness of the sea :rolleyes:, but when its an Easterly we get snow anyway. I reckon if the winds were lighter it might of been snow i reckon because temps were quite low anyway.

Posted

Hi Rob,

I'd say Hampshire was south central lol! Mind you I often post on south east and south west as Hampshire's really in the middle so I can sneak over a bit! Sounds the same as we're having here; fine flakes and lots of them. The radar shows a lot of activity but I doubt it will increase in intensity much more but you never know!

Hi Lightening boy - The IOW is a beautiful place and like you I feel lucky to have had what we did last week as I truly think that was a rare event for these parts! What's falling now is so 'bitty' that it's hardly worth mentioning to be honest!

Edited by slb97