• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

still nothing here in Machynlleth. Where is it???????????

I hope it all thaws before you all get up tomorrow...

Grrrr

It took about an hour to get from Lampeter to Trawscoed, so maybe another hour for Mach?

Posted

nature of the snow seems to have changed. did start going quite wet, and I thought it was about to change to sleet, but now, it is much finer, needle sharp on the face. something has changed. feels a lot colder out there now too. anyone else noticing this?

only light, but if it stays like this till daybreak, i reckon there'll be fun and games tomorrow.

any prospect of more heavy stuff?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nope - warm up will not be till late friday/saturday - 8c

two nights of freezin down to -11 - -12 from tomorrow night - small high pressure and snow laying on the ground - will take a couple of days to shift/melt this snow

A gradual thaw Andy with maxiima 2-4c until the weekend, when yes it could get to average levels and finish off the snow cover. Can't see really low minima with the cloud left over from this system tomorrow night should think.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Snowing like mad when i left Merthyr at 4ish. Struggled to get out.

It's only now the snow us reached us north of Abergavenny. Light at the moment.

Fingers crossed we'll get the same as you lot down south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

nature of the snow seems to have changed. did start going quite wet, and I thought it was about to change to sleet, but now, it is much finer, needle sharp on the face. something has changed. feels a lot colder out there now too. anyone else noticing this?

only light, but if it stays like this till daybreak, i reckon there'll be fun and games tomorrow.

any prospect of more heavy stuff?

yeah it is slightly sleet here but more light ice pellets, lighter here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

My Mum and Dad are home toke them 3 hours for some reason they tried getting the car up the hill which is impossible in these drifts. The Car is stuck in a huge drift tried digging it out in no luck so left it there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

3.2 degrees here now. hopeless. I'm gonna call myself Mr Pascalmonopoly and get REALLY pessemistic now!

woody

Heyy whats been wrong with my forecast for today? :D

I said Snow band reaching Swansea around midday or just after... Correct? :(

I estimated 10cm-20cm+ for areas above 200m, no idea if thats right yet though :(

Although I did say there wouldn't be much snow bang on the coast, maybe 3-5cm in heavier PPN due to evaporative cooling, that does look wrong now though as Swansea has about 6cm level snow already doesen't it?

Took quite a while getting home, complete white out outside with about 4-5 inches, and drifts closer to 8 inches in places. Still moderate snow outside, but much less at other times. However much slushier down in lower areas and not much settling at sea level.

Posted

From the radar it's thinning a fair bit and breaking up.

seems to have pushed north a bit as well.

end of the 'stall'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still very heavy snow, 2inches on the drive way, 3inches out back on the patio (back garden faces south). Loveing this snow!

post-10181-12633266529128_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Parents say the news said we will get it through the night into tomorrow, step dad actually said they said we could get anoter 9 hours, but people talking about it thinning and breaking up how can we get it for that long?

Posted

Should be reaching Mach now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Took quite a while getting home, complete white out outside with about 4-5 inches, and drifts closer to 8 inches in places. Still moderate snow outside, but much less at other times. However much slushier down in lower areas and not much settling at sea level.

Jackone. Do you think the BBC/METO forecasts for heavy snow over night is still likely to happen? Plenty coming out of the sky here but not accumilating at the mo.wallbash.gif

Posted

Should be reaching Mach now.

It is reaching us now - tiniest of flakes - wind changing by 180degrees on and off (ne / sw)

Posted

Parents say the news said we will get it through the night into tomorrow, step dad actually said they said we could get anoter 9 hours, but people talking about it thinning and breaking up how can we get it for that long?

i think it's going to be exactly what we got now. light 'drizzle' like snow, blowing around. should be a fun morning.

Posted

Temp and dp creeping up (+0.3c/-0.5c) as the front edges NE. Afraid sleet could be the order of the night for SW Wales.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Had to cancel my trip to Cardiff tonight to the theatre - half past 4 left Newport - 7 o'clock got back to the Rhymney Valley and Andy you were right - lucky just to get home - my mate left work same time as me but at 8'oclock still not back to Caerphilly - what a nightmare journey. Blowing a blizzard out here 2 to 3 foot drifts and no end in site - if this keeps going all night as it is now could be looking at some pretty amazing scenes in the morning. Daughter phoned from Cardiff but said hardly anything where she was - light snow - nearly drizzle.

Posted

we have 2ft drifts up here howling wind -0.1 c

Jackone. Do you think the BBC/METO forecasts for heavy snow over night is still likely to happen? Plenty coming out of the sky here but not accumilating at the mo.wallbash.gif

Temps are likely to remain fairly constant overnight, perhaps dropping a little, so if you currently have snow not settling then this may continue, but in heavier bursts which are possible it may get a little better.

Of course in areas with settling snow, this is likely to continue.

What has helps is that winds have turned more SE than originally thought and this helps keep temps a little lower than expected, and with such marginal conditions, this makes the difference between sleet/snow/settling snow.