Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I hope your right,and although it may get a bit colder from sunday, i am deliberatly down playing my own expectation, as there is nothing worse than that snow frustration when it dont happen.

As most on net weather are coldies, then it follows that every little sign / prediction / this top forecaster said this / etc etc is pounced upon , disected debated ,with the outcome getting everyones hopes up.

It would be interesting for the debate if we had an equal amount of mild seekers, just to balance things up.

However , there are tentative signs .......

My random thought for this evening is :- Gavin from autoglass will be busy next week.CRACK.

Forget gavin insurance claims ice have destroyed the roads in swansea jack frost will be sued.

Posted

Forget gavin insurance claims ice have destroyed the roads in swansea jack frost will be sued.

Yeah your right there - I hit a massive pot hole coming into Beddau yesterday - Bet my suspension will need renewing soon - government moaning cause it's gonna cost a bomb to fix all the holes - isn't that what we pay road tax for (or does it go into a big black hole for their expenses)

Posted

Only 5pound goes on tarmac i square metre of asphalt costs 7pound councils got no chance ,more ice equals more potholes.

Posted

Volvo's doing brill - might have a slow puncture on the front passenger's side though but she's coping well otherwise - waiting for her next test in the snow! - Should be tomorrow I reckon - couple of cms I reckon - then back in the main freezer over the weekend - no particular warnings of snow for then yet but it tends to materialise very quickly from nowhere - so we wait for it to firm up on those details - as I said Joe B mentioned 25th Jan - don't think he's that far out, is he!

awww a slow puncture.. Yep looking forward to hopefully some more snow and have been looking forward to the 25th since you told me. Shovels to the ready hopefully.

Posted

Temps overnight early next week are looking fairly cool -5s cropping up quite a bit - should prepare the ground for a snowy attack! - still got remnants of snow on the hills around here - waiting for the next lot I expect - could well be tomorrow!

Posted

Still have 'esgyrn eira' snow shoes here thats what we call the snow patches left on the mountains and the saying goes that snow that doesnt melt completely with the first lot is waiting for a new lot quite ironic? Tbh we had a fortnight of difficult driving conditions and alot of distruption to daily rountine, I personally don't want some snow for a while. cold icy and frosty yes but only a nice covering o snow on the grass nothing to substantial.

Posted

Yeah your right there - I hit a massive pot hole coming into Beddau yesterday - Bet my suspension will need renewing soon - government moaning cause it's gonna cost a bomb to fix all the holes - isn't that what we pay road tax for (or does it go into a big black hole for their expenses)

Bet thats where your puncture came from. cc_confused.gif

Posted

Temp 4.5c here... no chance. Maybe some wet stuff that doesn't stick later tomorrow at best.

GFS is showing temps dropping to 2 by morning 6am - I suppose from there you'll need height to really get anything to lay on the ground

Bet thats where your puncture came from. cc_confused.gif

I was thinking that when I was typing the message out but I haven't had a chance to check my tyre pressures for a few weeks due to the icy weather - I'll just have to keep an eye on that one - but you could be right as it's that tyre that hit the pot hole hard!

Posted

Big wet flakes here - temperaure falling to zero. I think it will start to stick soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Rain before the snow, then hammering down with heavy wet snow as i was leaving the house. Surrounding countryside is white.

Travelling towards Abergavenny it tailed off to lighter rain.

Posted

Snowing heavy up here in the upper Rhondda. Bwlch has turned white although thankfully the roads down here are not effected. Last thing I need is for more distruption....

Posted

Snowing heavy up here in the upper Rhondda. Bwlch has turned white although thankfully the roads down here are not effected. Last thing I need is for more distruption....

snowing here - front is slowing petering out on radar so i don't think it'll last too long

Edited by andymusic

Posted

snowing here - front is slowing petering out on radar so i don't think it'll last too long

Hoping it don't last to be honest Andy. Have to go to Ponty this afternoon so don't want that distrupted. It is settling down to very low levels here but not effecting the roads - fingers crossed it stays that way..

Posted

Got about 2cm here but the snow is very wet,if you see what i mean

Big flakes,though,as you'd expect with this kind of front

Posted

Hoping it don't last to be honest Andy. Have to go to Ponty this afternoon so don't want that distrupted. It is settling down to very low levels here but not effecting the roads - fingers crossed it stays that way..

It's been raining most of the night - only changed over to snow in the last hour or so, so I don't think it'll cause too much disruption - sounds like from other forums the major disruption is gonna be over gloucester way

mind you - the front seems to have stalled now - up against the cold air/high pressure I expect - now we'll see how long it holds out if it just keeps going!

Posted

Getting quite heavy now and trying to grab a hold of the paths/roads - not sure it will though - ground is a little too warm

Posted

Those ground temps were always going to be the killer which is a shame as the precip is not too bad now

Posted

Well - all praise to the meto on this one for calling it from last friday - considering the amount of times the meto have got things wrong mind - I'm just wondering if they took on a new tea boy and asked him!cc_confused.gif