Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

There we have it, as expected MO backtrack yet again.

And they call themselves expects, bunch of *%*$@&*!!

One down two to go, Will and Robert. Of course Northern England night just do quite well out of this, certainly good old NE Scotland will see even more snowfall.

Morning all. Can i ask Robert who?!

Posted

Morning all. Can i ask Robert who?!

he's a harmless soul, but a bit of a 'wierdo' in that he believes in non scientific influences etc etc. you'll find him posting/being posted about in the model chat/moods thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

There we have it, as expected MO backtrack yet again.

And they call themselves expects, bunch of *%*$@&*!!

One down two to go, Will and Robert. Of course Northern England night just do quite well out of this, certainly good old NE Scotland will see even more snowfall.

hi all! dont mean we wont get snow tueday nightbiggrin.gif advisorys move around with the models!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

he's a harmless soul, but a bit of a 'wierdo' in that he believes in non scientific influences etc etc. you'll find him posting/being posted about in the model chat/moods thread.

Not sure if he's harmless, think he's probably rather a clever guy myself like many psychics. He pops up at times like this regularly when there is lots of uncertainty with the models and starts going on about snowmaggedon, and that he can see the bigger picture. There is hardly ever any detail or time frame in his predictions, so a couple of hours of heavy snow in say the East Midlands next week could apear as a hit, because he has come close a couple of times.

My worry is that he is just doing this to pick up business from NW members, since he does have a few followers on here. But for the rest of us who are truly interested in the Weather and particularly snow of course :angry: , it can come across as a bit of a cruel wind up I must say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

for tonight ,theres a trough heading down towards morning so we could see some sleet/snow shrs, as temps/ dew points fall overnight drinks.gif.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I wouldn't worry too much about earlier in the week. What needs watching is for the low pressure area to drop southwards and eastwards afterwards as pressure rises above it and very cold easterly winds with ultra low dewpoints come in from Russia and Scandinavia.

A colder version of the second half of Feb 2005 looks quite possible I thinksmile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

hi all! dont mean we wont get snow tueday nightbiggrin.gif advisorys move around with the models!

Very true, I've not given up hope just yet. As I say I will resort to unorthodox methods if needs be to keep that slither of hope alive.

After all, GFS, MO, ECM, well all the models indicate NO, not likely, or maybe not, but both Will and Robert still both say yes! :angry:

for tonight ,theres a trough heading down towards morning so we could see some sleet/snow shrs, as temps/ dew points fall overnight drinks.gif.

Indeed, and I'm keeping a very close eye on that as well! :D

And at any rate, the main low hasn't even formed yet North of Iceland, so who knows where it might end up.

I wouldn't worry too much about earlier in the week. What needs watching is for the low pressure area to drop southwards and eastwards afterwards as pressure rises above it and very cold easterly winds with ultra low dewpoints come in from Russia and Scandinavia.

A colder version of the second half of Feb 2005 looks quite possible I thinksmile.gif

OMG, yes thats what we want, late Feb/Early March 05 but colder! :angry:

Posted

Good good, nice to see Will is still on board.....So the villain of the peace remains the GFS! :angry:

Light snow here :angry:

Posted

Aaah yes i know who you are on about now, i cant say too much but i have had quite a few messages deleted through comments ive posted after reading his twaddle. Unfortunately my blood boils when i read his codswallop "aaah you wait until next week and see how snowy its going to be" Ooooh mystic. Shame he has never called one of these psychotic (sic) forcasts correctly.

Damn, see i told yah winds me up! ;-)

Not sure if he's harmless, think he's probably rather a clever guy myself like many psychics. He pops up at times like this regularly when there is lots of uncertainty with the models and starts going on about snowmaggedon, and that he can see the bigger picture. There is hardly ever any detail or time frame in his predictions, so a couple of hours of heavy snow in say the East Midlands next week could apear as a hit, because he has come close a couple of times.

My worry is that he is just doing this to pick up business from NW members, since he does have a few followers on here. But for the rest of us who are truly interested in the Weather and particularly snow of course :D , it can come across as a bit of a cruel wind up I must say.

Posted

Quite baffling realy when one considers current output, particularly GFS that show cold rain, rain, showers of rain, coldish rain and even more cold and rain showers for the forseable future.

I hope both the Met Office and also Robert, and the guy from Dartmoor know something GFS dont. :D

FI is showing some eye candy Easterlies which is very interesting.

I'm confused with the MetO Fax Chart http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/brack2a.gif MetO advisory is showing snow for the East and Northwards, but their latest SE outlook for Monday to Wednesday states the following: Tuesday sleet and snow is expected, with some accumulations possible. Wednesday outbreaks of lighter sleet or snow.

Will Hand from Dartmoor is very good with his forecasts, so I'm taking him very seriously.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Very true, I've not given up hope just yet. As I say I will resort to unorthodox methods if needs be to keep that slither of hope alive.

After all, GFS, MO, ECM, well all the models indicate NO, not likely, or maybe not, but both Will and Robert still both say yes! drinks.gif

Indeed, and I'm keeping a very close eye on that as well! biggrin.gif

And at any rate, the main low hasn't even formed yet North of Iceland, so who knows where it might end up.

OMG, yes thats what we want, late Feb/Early March 05 but colder! air_kiss.gif

Would be nice - that spell five years ago (crikey was it really 5 yrs ago!) in itself was a good spell with snow falling and/or accumulating over at least a 10 day period. Plus the 'Kent event' at the start of March toosmile.gif .

Just seen the lightest flurry of snow too

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

There appears to be ppn on the outskirts of NE London and moving in the direction of Croydon. Hope it does not lose it's intensity.

Posted

the snow shower marham had around an hr ago i think(ive circled this) heading from ne to sw by the looks of itdrunk.gif

snow hrs are developing moving down from east anglia(norwich area)drunk.gifcold.gif

drinks.gif blue circled sat for tonight maybe?

post-11361-12660679401717_thumb.png

post-11361-12660686560517_thumb.png

post-11361-12660690625917_thumb.png

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

the snow shower marham had around an hr ago i think(ive circled this) heading from ne to sw by the looks of itdrunk.gif

snow hrs are developing moving down from east anglia(norwich area)drunk.gifcold.gif

drinks.gif blue circled sat for tonight maybe?

nimbilus, you are right. Snow showers are moving in our direction as your charts show :D :D

Posted

nimbilus, you are right. Snow showers are moving in our direction as your charts show clap.gifyahoo.gif

some on londons doorstepyahoo.gif if only we got that heavier ppn thats just passed hull up northdrunk.gif

Posted

Bit warm though innit? Well its balmy down in Eastbourne. 4.6c Nothing much left of the 18cm we had only the other day, sigh!

Posted

the feature for tomorow morning (at this stage)drunk.gif could give a dusting or even a covering in places

Bit warm though innit? Well its balmy down in Eastbourne. 4.6c Nothing much left of the 18cm we had only the other day, sigh!

early hrs best for your bit id thoughtdrinks.gif

earlier GFS charts , need to see if next run(due soon of course) is up for the snowsmile.gifdrunk.gif

post-11361-12660735667217_thumb.png

post-11361-12660735743017_thumb.png

post-11361-12660739722917_thumb.gif

post-11361-12660739774217_thumb.gif

post-11361-12660739824017_thumb.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

the feature for tomorow morning (at this stage)drunk.gif could give a dusting or even a covering in places

early hrs best for your bit id thoughtdrinks.gif

Good post. Here's another chart to support your charts :D

post-2721-12660740138317_thumb.gif

Posted

Good post. Here's another chart to support your charts clap.gif

post-2721-12660740138317_thumb.gif

drinks.gif

Posted

Nimbilus an Yamkin stop clapping and drinking, im suffering here from a bit of a mixy drinky session last night!

Posted

update GFS drunk.gif any way got to go now cant post for couple days but can read ya posts and radar watchyahoo.gifdrunk.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif snow snow snowdrunk.gif

post-11361-12660751441617_thumb.gif

Posted

Well the met office have given temps for down here tomorrow night as -5,get the heating cranked up i think.cold.gif