Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Tomorrow afternoon and the weekend possibly looking good for some more snow in East Kent?

More is good :D

Nope , fraid not :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

lucky east kent people! yesterday we had 1cm in Dartford from a very heavy snow shower just before dusk that barely lasted 20mins!! although strangely enough when I visited medway there was no snow at all!!!!!

So far the most snow I have seen this winter is 2inches!! was in soctland in mid december when the heaviest snowfall fell in North west kent! and was nothing in scotland at the time, due to the cold snap starting in the south east of england, oh well always next year!!

Posted

Pretty jealous of those drifts, we didn't get any on the Jan 5th Snow event.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Thought I would give the snow a measure.

I see your 10" and raise it with 11"..:

but...

I'm only joking that was a drift. laugh.gif Okay, here's a measurement directly outside the door:

Still the most I've seen since '87. biggrin.gif

More snow than Feb 1991?smile.gif

Or even 1995/96...

or, dare i say New Year 96/97biggrin.gif

I know that in Feb 1991 there was more snow where I was at the time close to South London. But Jan 1987 is still to be beaten I must agree with that. I remember snow drifted over my windows and I lived in an urban area then.

Technically the most snow I have seen is skiing in Austria - ironically at the end of one of the first 'modern winters'whistling.gif

Posted

Morning all

Its been raining here in London and it feels warmer this morning too, no need for hats and gloves just an umbrella at the moment, which is no bad thing since I am flying out of Gatwick this afternoon.

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

-2.0 DgC on the driveway this morning and plenty of lying snow that's frozen and causing a second nightmare this week! Don't you just love Winter? :)

Posted

post-6667-12659625664217_thumb.jpg

Miss Shoreline's horse :drinks:

Posted

Rain and sleet this morning, only in the heavier precip does it change to wet snow. Ground wet so nothing laying but I should imagine the downs will get a couple of cms out of this!

A totally OT question, I'm driving to Bexhill this evening from Crawley, how is the A259 looking now? I heard it was closed between Eastbourne and Bexhill yesterday!

Posted

A totally OT question, I'm driving to Bexhill this evening from Crawley, how is the A259 looking now? I heard it was closed between Eastbourne and Bexhill yesterday!

It's OK now tcc, was a nightmare apparently yesterday. Just go careful though, very icy down here on top of the compacted slush on minor roads! :drinks:

Posted

It's OK now tcc, was a nightmare apparently yesterday. Just go careful though, very icy down here on top of the compacted slush on minor roads! :drinks:

Cheers Coast! :good:

Proper wet snow here now, planes still taking off so Airport is still fully functional!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

post-6667-12659625664217_thumb.jpg

Miss Shoreline's horse :drinks:

Looks like David Essex in that outfit

(one for the older members here)

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Very snowy in Biggin Hill -3cms and still falling everything white and nice-Trees look alpine :drinks:

Yeah looks like areas that missed yesterdays stuff have got a lil streamer type feature going on there :good:

Posted

Yeah looks like areas that missed yesterdays stuff have got a lil streamer type feature going on there :good:

We are over 650ft high and that is making a massive difference as lower down in the Valley its rain/sleet -We had 7ins of snow in January but this snow is coming down heavier than then. :drinks:

Posted

More snow than Feb 1991?smile.gif

Or even 1995/96...

or, dare i say New Year 96/97biggrin.gif

That I've seen anyway, I only moved here a few years back so I didn't see the 1987 huge style drifting unfortunately though where I was had a good fall of 6 to 8 inches.

Nice bright clear crisp morning here, snows compacted and crunchy. :drinks:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

That I've seen anyway, I only moved here a few years back so I didn't see the 1987 huge style drifting unfortunately though where I was had a good fall of 6 to 8 inches.

Nice bright clear crisp morning here, snows compacted and crunchy. cold.gif

You seem to have the beach as your back garden! Natural landscaping at its best!biggrin.gif

Same conditions here, was very icy last night - the sun is bound to start doing its work but we have done well in our little corner of the worldcold.gifgood.gif