Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

I dont reckon so poppet, but you can never say for definate.

Thanks for the reply,an early night for me then lol,no lampost watching AGAIN grrrrrrrrrrrrrr,i want snow lol.drinks.gif

Posted

So.. snow depths. BBC South east today said the snow totals were 23cm Hawkinge (9 inches?) and 20cm Folkestone, I forget the others I think they said 18cm Eastbourne. I'm not sure how much we got here, but where would be a good place to measure?. Because I just went out and the snow seemed quite deep out the back, but then the snow has blown it everywhere, some places are deeper where its drifted and some shallower. If you measure on the beach or in a field then its bound to be deeper too because the wind will have just blown snow off all the trees and houses onto the flat surface. So.. How would one choose a suitable place to put a ruler? :lol:

Posted

Doesn't seem to look like many showers will reach Kent tonight. not at the moment anyway... looks like the wash is getting some though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Thanks for the reply,an early night for me then lol,no lampost watching AGAIN grrrrrrrrrrrrrr,i want snow lol.drinks.gif

I woke up at 4.30 A.M to watch the snow so I WANT SLEEP! :D

So.. snow depths. BBC South east today said the snow totals were 23cm Hawkinge (9 inches?) and 20cm Folkestone, I forget the others I think they said 18cm Eastbourne. I'm not sure how much we got here, but where would be a good place to measure?. Because I just went out and the snow seemed quite deep out the back, but then the snow has blown it everywhere, some places are deeper where its drifted and some shallower. If you measure on the beach or in a field then its bound to be deeper too because the wind will have just blown snow off all the trees and houses onto the flat surface. So.. How would one choose a suitable place to put a ruler? :lol:

There are sooo many wrong answers to reply to that question............

Posted

I woke up at 4.30 A.M to watch the snow so I WANT SLEEP! lazy.gif

Lol,well i got up at 2.30ish just to see if it had snowed and guess what no snow,and then was up at 6.30 for work .Not wanting sympathy though lolblum.gif

Posted

Lol,well i got up at 2.30ish just to see if it had snowed and guess what no snow,and then was up at 6.30 for work .Not wanting sympathy though lolblum.gif

S'ok you wont get none :p

Posted

here's our snow woman...

http://i48.tinypic.com/212to5g.jpg

*runs and hides* :p

Eeww, how come she has a winkle for a nose? (is winkle a rude word? i dont think so...)

Strangely attractive though, i think i may have a snow fetish.

Posted

Eeww, how come she has a winkle for a nose? (is winkle a rude word? i dont think so...)

Strangely attractive though, i think i may have a snow fetish.

it's a carrot, but sadly they were going a bit rotten lol.

cannot wait to see peoples faces tomorrow... she's in full view of the street.

Edited by Updraft

Posted

So.. snow depths. BBC South east today said the snow totals were 23cm Hawkinge (9 inches?) and 20cm Folkestone, I forget the others I think they said 18cm Eastbourne. I'm not sure how much we got here, but where would be a good place to measure?. Because I just went out and the snow seemed quite deep out the back, but then the snow has blown it everywhere, some places are deeper where its drifted and some shallower. If you measure on the beach or in a field then its bound to be deeper too because the wind will have just blown snow off all the trees and houses onto the flat surface. So.. How would one choose a suitable place to put a ruler? :cc_confused:

I had 24cm in my back garden so I'm going to round that up to 10" :)

Snow drifts out on the hills were amazing knee deep at best, thigh deep in places and shoulder deep on a couple of spots...

Posted

it's a carrot, but sadly they were going a bit rotten lol.

cannot wait to see peoples faces tomorrow... she's in full view of the street.

It will look a bit like a snowy Amsterdam red light district :cc_confused:

Posted

Nice snowman, love it!

Some snow for Central London?

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

is it me or is radar showing another shower about to hit the already affected parts?

Noticed that to, like they don't have enough snow! Wont be much though a light-moderate snow shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

they meaning me :air_kiss:

yes we have enough great coverage here of the chaos http://www.itv.com/meridian-east/

friends a gritter, his gritter got stuck !

operation stack on m20 now too!

thinking working from home for second day tomorrow, roads still covered in snow and friend just had to give up there journey owing to impassible minor slopes!

Posted

they meaning me smile.gif

yes we have enough great coverage here of the chaos http://www.itv.com/meridian-east/

friends a gritter, his gritter got stuck !

operation stack on m20 now too!

thinking working from home for second day tomorrow, roads still covered in snow and friend just had to give up there journey owing to impassible minor slopes!

Sorry that sounded rude, it wasn't meant to be for you I didnt look at your location, I assumed you weren't affected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

some issues from snow in locality...

Road incidents

The advice for anyone travelling on the county's roads in the mid, north and west of the county is to allow extra time for their journey or use public transport. Those in the east and south of Kent are advised not to travel unless absolutely necessary.

The M20 coastbound between junctions 11 and 12 is currently closed. Operation Stack is in place due to the volume of traffic at the Channel Tunnel and Port of Dover.

M20:

•J11A remains closed

•J11 to 12 coastbound is closed (Op Stack)

•Lorries have blocked the slip road to the roundabout at Capel Le Ferne coastbound, preventing cars from exiting the M20

•J2 to J1 Londonbound - serious accident. Slip onto carriageway at junction 2 closed. Officers will be closing the road shortly at junc 3 to allow the emergency services to attend.

A20

•Queues coastbound one mile before Hawkinge

•Five miles of queuing traffic trying to get into Dover

•Vehicles are being turned around at Aycliffe and sent back onto the A20 Londonbound

•Courtwood junction is gridlocked, preventing vehicles from getting on or off the A20

Cross Channel services

Phase one of Operation Stack is currently in place which means the M20 between junctions 11 and 12 is closed coastbound.

•A259 HYthe to New Romney - poor conditions

•Highstreet, Sandgate - closed due to road conditions

its fine not offended at all - still got a bug grin about it all ! bring me more snow!

Posted

a dusting last night in Maidstone, however headcorn 10 miles away was impassable this morning! We literally only just missed it, how annoying.

Posted

is it me or is radar showing another shower about to hit the already affected parts?

Nah its you im afraid, the showers are veering off to far to the sw so will miss these parts

Posted

Just been viewing some great photo shots of the snow in Folkestone on the weather outlook website - 10 inches is a hefty amount indeed.

For east kent and east sussex the past 24-36 hours has been very snowy, almost a different world to the NW corner of England i.e. Cumbria which has seen days and days of sunshine and no precipitation to speak of whatsoever, the snowline is 650m at present!

Posted

I had 24cm in my back garden so I'm going to round that up to 10" :)

Snow drifts out on the hills were amazing knee deep at best, thigh deep in places and shoulder deep on a couple of spots...

Thought I would give the snow a measure.

I see your 10" and raise it with 11"..:

but...

I'm only joking that was a drift. :angry: Okay, here's a measurement directly outside the door:

Still the most I've seen since '87. :D