Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I can understand your anger, in a similar situation here, its a no mans land for weather events, just the usual stuff, but I shouldnt complain too much as we did get a few 'thundery' showers here in late spring, one was at dusk with purple fork lightning,

I once read abut the relationship between sunspot activity and thunderstorms and was wondering if this is a reason for so few for the last few years , but then again some parts of the east have been having a thunder fest

It seems now that when storms are forecast for the west, the east get them, when storms are forecast for the whole of the uk the east get them, and when storms are forecast for the east, yes the east get themlaugh.gif

I don't really feel angry now. Just a sense of gloom and despondency about how so many people have seen exciting weather this summer whilst personally experiencing a continuous unwanted diet of boring meh!

Hoping 2012 delivers as I have now conceded defeat on this year....its just not happening for us in East Wales.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Is it me or has the rain over Devon heading NE suddenly started deciding to lose intensity on radar?

I think I may write today off for myself and just go up the pub :p

I can still see towering clouds to my North but it just looks grey and dull to my south. Anything interesting seems to be heading towards the Channel now. Good luck to the rest of you though it could turn out interesting on the South coast later? If anything does decide to show itself up here I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Torrential cell just to my West in Enville. Probably a thunderstorm thats suddenly developed!

Posted

I don't really feel angry now. Just a sense of gloom and despondency about how so many people have seen exciting weather this summer whilst personally experiencing a continuous unwanted diet of boring meh!

I can't really complain, compared to the kind of year that you've had, but every storm (not actual thunderstorms, just thundery showers) has either missed just to the north/west/east/south or if they've actually came here they fizzle out of produce a faint rumble. It's been another poor year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

ATD Showing a Thunderstorm just to my West now. :)

Posted

sure i just heard a faint rumble a few minutes ago.... eeeeeeeeeek! My newborn's first storm!!!

Yup! definitely thunder!!!!!!

Posted

ATD Showing a Thunderstorm just to my West now. :)

Looking VERY black to the West of here now. And a nice deep rumble of thunder!!

Posted

Just to my South West has become a cooking pot for showers and storms now! :D

Hopefully nocturnal cooling for a mega lightning display tonight!

Posted

Just to my South West has become a cooking pot for showers and storms now! :D

Hopefully nocturnal cooling for a mega lightning display tonight!

Are they headin my way mate, and good luck to you!

As I write I can see a meancing looking cloud coming towards me, I think I may go for a walk hehehe

Posted

Faint rumble of deep thunder just now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another dramatic showercloud just brushed past with nothing. I think it's time to draw the curtains on today - another day of potential wasted unfortunately. Hearing someone else's fun from 5-10 miles away doesn't cut it for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Faint rumble of deep thunder just now. :D

Time to update your sig soon I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Are they headin my way mate, and good luck to you!

As I write I can see a meancing looking cloud coming towards me, I think I may go for a walk hehehe

think we are too far north, seem to be taking a direct west to east track, we will most likely see bitty broken showers

Posted

Just as I was about to give up, a couple rumbles of thunder to my SE. Dammit so close yet so far. Does anyone know if there really is any potential for the Bristol area anymore this evening? Still seems to be a lump of rain heading towards Bristol from the SW, with a clump of showers already setting in towards Cornwall.

Posted

think we are too far north, seem to be taking a direct west to east track, we will most likely see bitty broken showers

The cell approaching Walsall now should clip Lichfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just as I was about to give up, a couple rumbles of thunder to my SE. Dammit so close yet so far. Does anyone know if there really is any potential for the Bristol area anymore this evening? Still seems to be a lump of rain heading towards Bristol from the SW, with a clump of showers already setting in towards Cornwall.

That's good to hear! Though that's pretty much all we've had today. I think the rain to the SW is gradually becoming lighter so I'm not holding hopes out for anything electrical. Could be wrong though. It seems to keep intact over the sea and lose intensity over land. Fingers crossed it picks up some strength over the Estuary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The cell approaching Walsall now should clip Lichfield.

im in Stafford though, but yeah maybe lichfield

Posted

Seems like more people from or near Bristol are giving up,would be cool to get a unexpected surprise but seems very unlikely now.

Im up the pub later for a pint. Its on the edge of a hill overlooking the Severn Estuary where the Severn Crossings are. If something did surprise us that would be a nice show for me! Fingers crossed that some stuff wraps around the surface low centre before heading off to the SE.

Clouds seem to weaken as they approach me, then get darker as they head off to the NE haha!