Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

For me in N Kent it's going to be touch and go but could be an interesting night for the likes of Coast :D

Today so far has been a lot quieter than I thought it would be - worst of showers skipped about 10 miles to north leaving here largely dry, sunny and warm all day! My fingers are tightly crossed though for a bit later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow

Torrential rain and some lightening here in Aldridge West Midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

For me in N Kent it's going to be touch and go but could be an interesting night for the likes of Coast :D

Today so far has been a lot quieter than I thought it would be - worst of showers skipped about 10 miles to north leaving here largely dry, sunny and warm all day! My fingers are tightly crossed though for a bit later

Yeah defo 50/50 for this region, I had my first storm/cell chase up into Essex earlier saw some nice cloud formations and core punched in very heavy rain.... (not exactly the plains I know but I enjoyed it, just wish the radar updated faster :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Foiled again!....jusr some moderate rain for a couple of minutes from that pokey little cell just to the north of Brum

Posted

Foiled again!....jusr some moderate rain for a couple of minutes from that pokey little cell just to the north of Brum

Aj, is there anything coming my way, or should I head 5 miles west to burntwood?

Posted

:D that could have my name on it!

Looks like it will pass just to the South/East of Lichfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Here you go Mother Nature....My middle finger aimed right at you. Up Yours :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Aj, is there anything coming my way, or should I head 5 miles west to burntwood?

Burntwood's too far north mate...That cell is over Sutton Coldfield heading straight for Tamworth....A few more cells are brewing up to the SW of Bridgnorth and will probably follow a similar line....The stafford (and probably Penkridge) area is probably a few miles too far north....but hey, never say never! :D .....The may 9th monster took me by surprise as 30 mins before the storm hit, all the other Cb's & anvils were decaying, and look what happened!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Seems a few heavy showers crossing the Scottish borders and Northumberland. Unsure if there is anything thundery. Seems slightly warmer now that the breeze has dropped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nothin in NW Kent, but some heavy rain in Enfield. Beautiful storm clouds on the drive home.

Posted

Aha oh well, I came close :D did you get a storm?

Burntwood's too far north mate...That cell is over Sutton Coldfield heading straight for Tamworth....A few more cells are brewing up to the SW of Bridgnorth and will probably follow a similar line....The stafford (and probably Penkridge) area is probably a few miles too far north....but hey, never say never! :D .....The may 9th monster took me by surprise as 30 mins before the storm hit, all the other Cb's & anvils were decaying, and look what happened!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just had some torrential rain, 6.2mm in 5mins, no thunder or lightning though :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Take a look at that lot just formed in the English Channel, direction now seems 010* heading so near enough NORTH NORTH EAST! Could be interesting for London & Kent again!! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Yea think i'm giving up here...bits and bobs of rain everywhere but a nice circle of clear weather heading my way with showers behind from the trough. But these showers look like they are going to head east along the south coast and not reach me. Mother nature is such a tease! Im just going to have to wait to see if late august brings anything.A bit frustrating when theres been distant thunder in a circle around me but nothing actually above me!!

Good luck to people along South coast/ SE. Things look like they may develop there as the surface low travels across? You can see if Skywarn was right :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Nice little storm just passed over Brownhills heading towards Lichfield way! Few rumbles and the odd bit of lighting. Any more coming??

Posted

Aha oh well, I came close :D did you get a storm?

Nothing so far.....to draw an analogy, if todays showers/storms were a motorway, full of fast paced cells in the lanes, then I was stuck totally in the Central Reservation :doh:

but it aint over until the obese one tunes up her tonsils!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Take a look at that lot just formed in the English Channel, direction now seems 010* heading so near enough NORTH NORTH EAST! Could be interesting for London & Kent again!! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

You need to take into consideration the rotation of the low centre which is around the SW approaches at the moment.

As the evening goes on it will organise the randbands into clumps and begin sucking them more into the swirl...where that sends the rain is anyone's guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice little storm just passed over Brownhills heading towards Lichfield way! Few rumbles and the odd bit of lighting. Any more coming??

I think im just on the northern edge of that. Not got any lightning or thunder, but its darker over Lichfield. We're right on the edge of the cloud base. Its probably isn't raining 2 miles north of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Yay, lightning in Polesworth :-)

Posted

Just about to leave for my mates house I might wait 10 minutes then :D