Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Dark cloud and moderate-heavy rain here atm, thats it though! was hoping for a storm today though looks like they are all to the south and east of here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

East of Brum?...bah! Thats foreign territory....lol.....fairly quiet across the west midlands atm, that's not to say though that things might change in the next hour or two

@ Bugganuts....thanks for the skywarn update...some interesting weather in the offing the next few hours :)

I can see the East Birmingham Storm clouds from here. They are massive! Nice wispy layer at the top. :)

I have a feeling Phil (Solihull) from the No Storms club may be out of there now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I hope skywarn is right!! i just noticed that ESTOFEX has no forecast for today wtf??

I also wondered why ESTOFEX havent issued anything. Skywarn seem to be thinking that as the surface low centre moves across the South, thats when these storms could develop. On radar though at the moment lightning activity seems to have slowed down in the SW as it approaches, but some cropping up in the midlands N/NW of Coventry?

I think it literally is a day of just watching where things do suddenly crop up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Whether this shockingly below average thundery activity is becoming the norm in this part of the UK, I have no idea, but something is afoot.

Don't be wishful, calm before the storm :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Don't be wishful, calm before the storm :D

Calm before the what?:cc_confused: Could someone please enlighten me regarding what a storm is? :cc_confused:

Posted

I also wondered why ESTOFEX havent issued anything. Skywarn seem to be thinking that as the surface low centre moves across the South, thats when these storms could develop. On radar though at the moment lightning activity seems to have slowed down in the SW as it approaches, but some cropping up in the midlands N/NW of Coventry?

I think it literally is a day of just watching where things do suddenly crop up.

Perhaps Estofex are away on vacation LOL

Some talk of a MCS developing across the south after dark. I would not be surprised as the instability source switches to the English Channel and onshore winds as the trough approaches.

Posted

Great forecast for skywarn. Gives us something to look forward too! Good luck to all of you who have seen nowt this year!

Posted

Calm before the what?:cc_confused: Could someone please enlighten me regarding what a storm is? :cc_confused:

that myfriend is a storm.......sigh .. its been good weather wise here aswell :)

storms rain hail..

regards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

We have not seen many showers here, kind of missing the worst here, wish for some thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I will carry on watching then! If anything does kick off close enough i will drive to it i got the car this evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Some talk of a MCS developing across the south after dark. I would not be surprised as the instability source switches to the English Channel and onshore winds as the trough approaches.

If that turns out to be the case it could become very interesting in the South. By then though I think i'd be out of the risk area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

According to Strikestar there are storms nearby but no sign here as yet. It was blazing hot sunshine earlier albeit very windy - now it's just very windy and over-cast! NW says 51% chance of storms around 10pm and if they come off I will be dancing a jig around the house!

:yahoo:

Posted

Storm heading NE. A huge crack of thunder made me and my mum duck for cover... LOL. Nearly died of heart attacks I think! Some fork lightning seen and huge rain drops! Awesome! clap.giflaugh.gif

post-8635-0-18540300-1312733914_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It would appear that all I have managed to achieve is a few distant rumbles - again!

Not much going on around here anymore. Seems to be stuff to the east and south and even north but nothing coming this way. I will as calmly as possible wait for my thunderstorm as there is a lot to the southwest that isn't moving very fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Imo yes Harry, some well respected stormchasers frequent the skywarn forums & are desginated spotters (storm, not the train variety!...lol)

Ah right very good stuff

Not really heard much of them before so didn't know what to think

MetO invent (not that I take it too seriously as it's largely experimental ATM) is keen to keep precipitation in the channel this evening (largely)

Posted

Right need some help. Will go chasing tonight if I have too as I do not have work tomorrow. Where do you think would be best place to go. Obviously south of my area (Suffolk) but how far south? Thinking Ipswich/Felixstowe or if I have too Colchester/Essex way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Hey, Mother nature!!! yes you!!

I know you can hear me.....

This is me officially taunting you.

What you gonna do about it!!!. Why not try and get me with a storm.. Or are you chicken?

Looks like you must be chicken as you haven't tried for a few years now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The east midlands storms are throwing up plenty of lightning strikes (using the NWex radar) in a line Nottingham- Coventry....unfortunatley it seems from my perspective that us West Midlanders bred them...doh!.....Hopefully we'll get some action later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is tonight worth a journey out?

I'm really off the boil this weekend as not been following the charts/tv forecasts/forum much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

You think??