Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted

Im in total Limbo...Ive got a fishing trip coming up next weekend, but would love to see some snow just so my little boy can have his first play in some!!

I'm guessing by all the models we just still dont know "IF" we will get some snow until tomorrow afternoon??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Lol, fair enough will ignore what he says then!

Please do....lol

Posted

Peter Cockcroft does think that Kent is going to have a lot of Snow over the next few days.

Mind you, re Sat he did say to keep watching as they are still not very sure what will happen.

Nowcasting is the way forward. Got my Wellies ready just in case but as usual we will grind to a halt in 1cm of Snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The regional forecasts are usually pretty awful to be honest. They seem to stick to the automated 5 day forecasts on the BBC website - which are often pathetically wrong - and build a forecast around that.

Bit disappointing if Peter Cockroft said snow turning rain on Sunday as he is actually an experienced forecaster. It is possible if the front sweeps through further east than expected, but the Met Office and the current model outputs show it staying cold in the SE into next week.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Peter Cockcroft is a pointless forecaster, end of.

Please do....lol

Really?.....Are you sure of that?....Ok so 30+ years in the Met Office with an ONC & HND in Science & Physics means nothing then?......good grief! :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I don't see us getting any snow showers atleast until the early hours of friday, patchy cloud floating across but there is nothing developing near us in the southern north sea.

Edited by ajpoolshark
behave Neil! .... :)

Posted

Peter Cockcroft does think that Kent is going to have a lot of Snow over the next few days.

Mind you, re Sat he did say to keep watching as they are still not very sure what will happen.

Nowcasting is the way forward. Got my Wellies ready just in case but as usual we will grind to a halt in 1cm of Snow!

Correct or not, he was very clear about "Snow to rain Sunday morning"

Never said maybe, or not sure.

Posted

Really?.....Are you sure of that?....Ok so 30+ years in the Met Office with an ONC & HND in Science & Physics means nothing then?......good grief! :nonono:

Apparently not! lol

Like I said he did say they were not quite sure yet and to keep watching and look on the website [which has now broken]

Posted

Correct or not, he was very clear about "Snow to rain Sunday morning"

Never said maybe, or not sure.

Oh well, get up early to take pics. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

A friend of mine has just called me,she works for Brighton and hove council,they have been put on high alert for significant snow fall on saturday/sunday :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

right then, that's enough of the TV forecaster character assassination...lol......moving on to the regional weather discussion instead................

Posted

Peter C on BBC London going for a change over to Rain come Sunday!

I think the guys in the midland thread won't like that either as they seem to think they have the snow event worse than us.... I think not..!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

It's only my opinion. And my opinion is, he's a poor forecaster. He's backside is always dented by all the fences he sits on when it comes to wintry spells.

Haven't you heard this guy's forecasting? When there is a general across the board agreement forecast of snow for the SE, he always says something on the lines of " A few snow flurries across the region " He's forecasting is always so vague. But there's no doubting his experience though.

Edited by GoonerGregg77

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Looks like there could be a nice 2-3 inches for East Anglia and the South East before the main system arrives on Saturday evening, if the HIRLAM model turns out to be correct...

hirlam-2-39.png?02-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Maybe the latest models (12z) have moved it further east again? Hence the snow turning to rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Peter C on BBC London going for a change over to Rain come Sunday!

I think the guys in the midland thread won't like that either as they seem to think they have the snow event worse than us.... I think not..!

We may do though if the front stalls :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

met office tweeted saying having technical probs with warnings page and will be sorted soon.

the press release from met office deputy chief forecaster that danm copied and pasted clearly suggests the east and se staying cold so i'll go with that over the disapointing local forecast for sunday

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2012/wintry-weekend

Posted

It's only my opinion. And my opinion is, he's a poor forecaster. He's backside is always dented by all the fences he sits on when it comes to wintry spells.

Haven't you heard this guy's forecasting? When there is a general across the board forecast of snow for the SE, he always says something on the lines of " A few snow flurries across the region " He's forecasting is always so vague. But there's no doubting his experience though.

Fair enough, point made & taken......moving on back to the regional weather discussion...........

Posted

Come on Yamkin, how much do you think will fall??

n.b. When Yamkin uses metres he actually means centimetres

:p

10cm - 30cm :help: :help: :cold:

Posted

Haven't you heard this guy's forecasting? When there is a general across the board agreement forecast of snow for the SE, he always says something on the lines of " A few snow flurries across the region " He's forecasting is always so vague. But there's no doubting his experience though.

Hmmmm, he is NOT sitting on any fence this time!

Its a wait n see jobby this one :air_kiss:

Posted

We may do though if the front stalls :winky:

Well at the moment most TV forecasts and also the latest MET Office video at the top of this page go for the front stalling over SE.

My point is he still thinks it will turn to rain for us.

Which means you get rain too

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Right, I am off shopping later to lay in stocks of Vodka. It's good for clearing windscreens as well as drinking to keep warm.

I suspect that come Sat night Yamkin will be so busy model watching he will make the headlines by being the only gritter who got stuck in the Snow!