Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG This snow is twice as deep as the last fall!!! Everything is covered thick! Will try and get some pics up soonies..It froze over so snow balls are a no no today....But looks magical out there!

You lucky, lucky people.....Guess what, nothing, zilch here on the east coast but that was always hopecasting for me that the system MIGHT include us but not even a sausage :sorry:

Also, I have just looked at the models to dream about that amazing northerly....only to find it's a high pressure now slap bang over the top of us - not good....So, hoping that the high progresses westwards on subsequent model runs....A busy day, an informal meeting with a boss followed by a hospital visit for my dad....Nice! :sorry:

Looks like no thaw here today with temps really not getting past freezing then -4 tonight..God help us tomorrow 0.0

You lucky, lucky people.....Guess what, nothing, zilch here on the east coast but that was always hopecasting for me that the system MIGHT include us but not even a sausage :sorry:

Also, I have just looked at the models to dream about that amazing northerly....only to find it's a high pressure now slap bang over the top of us - not good....So, hoping that the high progresses westwards on subsequent model runs....A busy day, an informal meeting with a boss followed by a hospital visit for my dad....Nice! :sorry:

Ahh no :/ Not good..Well I am very surprised..It didn't stop snowing here till about 2-3 in the morning..And few light flurries through the night...We didn't do as well out of the first lot, guess this is to make up for that XD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG This snow is twice as deep as the last fall!!! Everything is covered thick! Will try and get some pics up soonies..It froze over so snow balls are a no no today....But looks magical out there!

It looks fab in this neck of the woods. Didn't realise quite how quickly temps must have dropped. Car was totally iced under a good inch! Trees look amazing :)

It looks fab in this neck of the woods. Didn't realise quite how quickly temps must have dropped. Car was totally iced under a good inch! Trees look amazing :)

I know! My road is just solid ice! I don't think there will be much thaw today..And then another freeze tonight anything that does begin to melt..If the sun can get through it will begin to melt..Might see some nice icicles tonight!

Edited by Surrey

Posted

The regional forecast shows -5 to -8 tonight but with clear skies....that's gonna feel cold! Went as far as sunday saying would be cloudier and a touch milder but BBC website shows snow showers?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Woke up to about 1cm on pavements/grass and 2/3cms on cars and other surfaces, the positive thing this morning is that there's no dripping going on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Overall last night doesn't look to be a major snow event to me and not as bad as predicted, although a few might have got lucky.

Posted

I know! My road is just solid ice! I don't think there will be much thaw today..And then another freeze tonight anything that does begin to melt..If the sun can get through it will begin to melt..Might see some nice icicles tonight!

When the cloud does break, it will probably get colder before warming up ever so slightly this afternoon before another drop in temperatures tonight.

Posted

Epping Forest looks sensational today, anyone in the area with time on their hands should head out armed with their cameras, never seen it looking so beautiful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

wow the temps on met o for me on sunday and monday mean a definate thaw.

Trouble is according to micheal fish the highest on mon is 3c.

But met o says 8c?

im noticing a lot of diffrence between the next 7 days forcasting , very confusing at mo...

7th day of lying snow here, temp -1.4oc cloudy... I think by sunday or monday snow will melt cant complain really though....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

wow some of you had loads of snow! cant wait to see pics :)

we didn't have anything which I kinda guessed we wouldn't. I did see the moon and stars out though last night which was lovely. Its been so long since they've been out as we've had grey cloudy skies everynight for ages. I think I've been missing them lol (loony alert)

Posted

Nothing at home in Eastbourne at all! Not even slush or rain - dry as a bone! As I came inland, it started to whiten up a bit more around Firle and to the North of Lewes it looked quite pretty again, with a couple of cms to top up what was still lying. Haven't checked what is due for the next few days yet, but not surprised at all that my coastal home town missed out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

More snow than Sat nites efforts.... BUT - roads clear so no snow day :( !! Guess its all the salt that's been about all week - even tho my little cul-de-sac wasn't salted, its been brought up here by all the cars wheels etc.... Still, it looks lovely out there but I'm still poorly so not sure I'll be able to go out to enjoy it :( ....but hopefully it'll hang around for tom when I may feel better and kids here too to enjoy it!x

Posted

Got about 3cms overnight to add to the 3 inches we had last weekend! A beautiful scene with all the tress coated but at least the main roads are clear!

Posted

Probably 2 or 3 cm over night. The sky and the view across the hills to the downs from my house looks stunning this morning.

Properly wonderful isn't it, the sort of snow day you imagine but rarely see. It's so still too; the landscape is holding its breath as though its given us a present and is watching us unwrap it, hoping we love it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well despite bioth BBc and MetO forecasting heavy snow followed by light snow last night and despite my location being under snow for several hours on the radar, not even a flake fell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Does anyone have any ideas about Sunday

Carol kirkwood said ther is a small feature crossing our region and could possibly be Sleet/snow or freezing rain

She said something to keep an eye on

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well we got a good covering im happy,much better than last saturdays event.