Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

At this point in time i am going to say that the following areas west of the following locations are more likely to see sleet/rain rather than snow.

A line from Oxford stretching south towards the Newbury area and further s-se towards Pourthmouth & Southsea.

The further east you are the increased risk of snow you get.

Jackpot Areas

A line from Milton Keys diving southeastwards through say east of woking ( W-SW London Areas ) to heathfield way.

Like the fact you've mentioned east of Woking, I can see my house from there! clapping.gif

God it's late!

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Rush hour on Monday could be interesting if this verifies...

post-9962-0-06112100-1358048807_thumb.pn

Posted

Nothing like a bit of negativity to get you going in the morning eh! I think we all know this is going to change throughout the day, hopefully for the better. 5 month old got me awake at this time of the morning but I have to check on here!

Edited by jodaw84

Posted

6am taxi to work. Checking NW, don't think I've seen such a "on/off" snow event before. We get what we get and that's about the size of it. Frustrating as hell but what can we do! Apart from keep rubbing that lucky (not for the rabbit) rabbits' foot!

Posted

Good morning all. Well its another case of wait and see what ACTUALLY falls out of the sky ( if anything ) as far as Im concerned. Much less stressful that way. Have a good day everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Latest forecast from the MetOfiice for the next few days:

Today:

Some bright or sunny spells but staying cold after a widespread frost early on, and with some wintry showers likely, particularly across parts of Norfolk. Maximum Temperature 2 °C.

Tonight:

Staying very cold. Gradually clouding over with snow spreading from the northwest to all parts. This will lead to some accumulations, especially later, also some very icy conditions. Minimum Temperature -3 °C.

Monday:

Cloudy and very cold, the early snow clearing for a time, but then further snow arriving during the afternoon. Some accumulations and remaining icy in places. Maximum Temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Tuesday, very cold, bright or sunny intervals and snow showers, some possibly heavy near coasts. Wednesday and Thursday, very cold with a biting northeasterly wind and heavy snow showers.

Issued at: 0400 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

If it turns out like this....I will be VERY happy!!

Posted

Patience is needed! I'm quite optimistic of at least a covering during the week! Think will get a dusting of snow Monday morning! Then rain will wash it away! But then looking at metoffice forecast Tuesday through to Thursday plenty of chances for heavy snow showers :) just think Tuesday morning could be very icy if it freezes on Monday night after the rain!

Posted

Rush hour on Monday could be interesting if this verifies...

post-9962-0-06112100-1358048807_thumb.pn

night time rush should be a nightmare!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Rain/sleet looking nailed on for SE

Hopefully over your house.

Whereas the snow prior to and post the warm sector can fall over mine. The warm sector is far more west with the UKMO compared to the other models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Oh well,no snow here in north kent,so off to work i go (tho told work any sign of the white stuff i`m off!). biggrin.png

....We`re not due any today tho i think?

Edited by anything-but

Posted

First time I have used the "ignore" option, works like a dream.

Good isn't it!

Current observations:

Temperature: +1.9c

Dewpoint: -2.9c

hPa: 1005.3

Relative humidity: 71%

A load of irritating claptrap from the BBC Breakfast presenters currently who are 'interviewing' Simon King who is trying hard to talk about SSW and its effects while the female presenter witters on about wanting it to be mild all the time, even calling a stunning photo of mountains used on the weather forecast 'horrible' because it contains snow! Perhaps I should put her on ignore as well....

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Whereas the snow prior to and post the warm sector can fall over mine. The warm sector is far more west with the UKMO compared to the other models.

I suppose it depends on what there model ukv4 says aswell, do you really think the nae has this correct ed? Tomorrow looks a wash out for central England west if it is, it moves east every frame , have you any thoughts mate?

Posted

Morning all, frankly the UKMO has been excellent so far...

Question for all - does lying snow lower the dewpoint?

Posted

Good isn't it!

Current observations:

Temperature: +1.9c

Dewpoint: -2.9c

hPa: 1005.3

Relative numidity: 71%

A load of irritating claptrap from the BBC Breakfast presenters currently who are 'interviewing' Simon King who is trying hard to talk about SSW and its effects while the female presenter witters on about wanting it to be mild all the time, even calling a stunning photo of mountains used on the weather forecast 'horrible' because it contains snow! Perhaps I should put her on ignore as well....

AS

I sometimes wonder if the media realise that there are a few million people in the UK that love snow.

You'd never think so when they talk about snow, certain forecasters are just as bad. Who doesn't love the white stuff?! :)

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

its funny when the presenters always have a worried look on their face when they mention snow, and when they mention mild their faces light up and they grin like a cheshire cat

sadly most of joe public don;t like snow, too much of an inconvenience to them even though it only happens once in a blue moon, but they still moan about it

Edited by Snowy Easterlies